ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 09-11-2019, 06:15 PM

Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,135 Posts
Default Tuary named best defensive player of the week by PFF

Pro Football Focus has him as their best defensive player of the week. Just heard an interview with him- numerous mentions of how much Mathis has been teaching him- and damn does it show.

Darius Leondard is the straight up THE MAN!
Asked him for his assessment of his game Sunday- "horrible, I played horrible, I let the team down. I have to make that tackle no matter what. Have to spend a lot of time in the film room watching what I did wrong. Ready to go out there now and show that's not the player I am."

Translation= 15+ tackles and at least one sack!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
Ironshaft (09-11-2019), Oldcolt (09-11-2019), Pez (09-12-2019), Racehorse (09-11-2019), YDFL Commish (09-12-2019)
Old 09-12-2019, 08:26 AM
Accidental Administrator

If Houston and Turay can keep playing the way they have, this defense will be fun as hell to watch.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
Old 09-12-2019, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
If Houston and Turay can keep playing the way they have, this defense will be fun as hell to watch.
Houston cost the team points and Turay a sack

was offsides on the sack by turay that would have stopped a drive and force them to punt deep, SD scores a TD right after that.
Old 09-12-2019, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Pro Football Focus has him as their best defensive player of the week. Just heard an interview with him- numerous mentions of how much Mathis has been teaching him- and damn does it show.

Darius Leondard is the straight up THE MAN!
Asked him for his assessment of his game Sunday- "horrible, I played horrible, I let the team down. I have to make that tackle no matter what. Have to spend a lot of time in the film room watching what I did wrong. Ready to go out there now and show that's not the player I am."

Translation= 15+ tackles and at least one sack!
Well one thing he did wrong was sometime you have to tackle and not go for the strip of the ball.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
Pez (09-12-2019), smitty46953 (09-12-2019), VeveJones007 (09-12-2019)
Old 09-12-2019, 10:18 AM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post

was offsides on the sack by turay that would have stopped a drive and force them to punt deep, SD scores a TD right after that.
Yea, he also had 4 tackles, an assist and a sack. I'm not the kind of person that says he sucks because he jumped off-sides once. I agree it led to a seven point swing. Overall, only 3 penalties called on the colts is decent.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
Old 09-12-2019, 10:22 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Talk about grading. Holder had an article where he said the coaches gave Leornard and F for the game with 10 loafs. He said it was a fair grade. Took total responsibility for not only the game but improving. Love this team.

Last edited by Oldcolt; 09-12-2019 at 10:25 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
VeveJones007 (09-12-2019)
Old 09-12-2019, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
Yea, he also had 4 tackles, an assist and a sack. I'm not the kind of person that says he sucks because he jumped off-sides once. I agree it led to a seven point swing. Overall, only 3 penalties called on the colts is decent.
Two of those 3 penalties lead to 11 points scored for the Texans. although one of those was complete Bullshit on the FG penalty they called.

Not saying he sucks, but he is a veteran, can't make those mistakes. In his first game with a new team especially, trying to set an example for the D and the younger players.

Simple mistakes cost this team the game, by multiple players. Vinatieri, Houston, Leonard on the missed tackle, though multiple other players missed the tackle too on the long TD.
The Following User Says Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
Pez (09-13-2019)
Old 09-12-2019, 11:28 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Two of those 3 penalties lead to 11 points scored for the Texans. although one of those was complete Bullshit on the FG penalty they called.

Not saying he sucks, but he is a veteran, can't make those mistakes. In his first game with a new team especially, trying to set an example for the D and the younger players.

Simple mistakes cost this team the game, by multiple players. Vinatieri, Houston, Leonard on the missed tackle, though multiple other players missed the tackle too on the long TD.
They still had a chance to stop the Chargers on 3rd down after the Houston penalty. It wasn't just Houston's offside that cost the Colts on that possession. If one of the LBs or corners could've made a tackle on that drive, they wouldn't have given up 7.

Houston also said that the Center moved the ball. I haven't seen a replay, but it isn't out of the question that he wasn't truly offside.
Old 09-12-2019, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
They still had a chance to stop the Chargers on 3rd down after the Houston penalty. It wasn't just Houston's offside that cost the Colts on that possession. If one of the LBs or corners could've made a tackle on that drive, they wouldn't have given up 7.

Houston also said that the Center moved the ball. I haven't seen a replay, but it isn't out of the question that he wasn't truly offside.
No one else but him moved, on either team, and seemed a simple case where he mistimed the snap, looked pretty clear and straightforward offsides.
Old 09-12-2019, 12:09 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:

You think he would have learned after that AFC championship game b/w KC and the pats. I know those twitchy DE's are always inching closer and closer as much as possible and trying to jump the snap. But you can also look over at the line judge to make sure you are not off sides.