ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-02-2021, 08:24 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
On no, I’m crushed by your response.
You guys need a private room
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (02-03-2021)
Old 02-02-2021, 08:55 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
You guys need a private room
Ok, I’ll be good.
Old 02-03-2021, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Most of what you post doesn't make sense. Doesn't stop you.

Of course they would want to keep Donald. I don't think it will happen that they're forced to release him to clear cap space, and I hadn't even looked into the cap implications of them releasing him. I'd just really like to see Aaron Donald as a Colt, but I've wanted that since February 2014.
Credit where it’s due:

http://coltfreaks.com/phpbb/viewtopi...=Donald#p28373
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coltsalr For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (02-03-2021), JAFF (02-03-2021)
Old 02-03-2021, 05:40 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
Classic!!!! Good Job ALR

Yep you called it Dam. And Omaha and Dam agreed. WOW how times have changed. HA

And that Christian Jones fellow turned out pretty well too. HA
Coltsalr (02-03-2021)
Old 02-03-2021, 07:03 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,663 Times in 962 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
I know my own opinions, Lol. I'm just sad I never wrote down that I had Russell Wilson as my #2 QB in 2012. Didn't want to buck conventional wisdom at the time. Pretty sure I did suggest trading the #1 pick for the ridiculous bounty it would've brought and drafting Wilson in Round 3, though.
Old 02-04-2021, 12:29 AM

What is the penalty if a team is over the cap? Can they ride it out for a season? Are they totally screwed? Are they made to cut players?
Old 02-04-2021, 01:18 AM
Historian

Thanked 3,272 Times in 2,019 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discflinger View Post

What is the penalty if a team is over the cap?

o

Lethal injection.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (02-04-2021)
Old 02-04-2021, 01:49 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,663 Times in 962 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discflinger View Post
What is the penalty if a team is over the cap? Can they ride it out for a season? Are they totally screwed? Are they made to cut players?
Clubs. In the event that the System Arbitrator finds a violation of Subsection 1(a) of this Article, for each such violation, the Commissioner shall be authorized to: (i) impose a fine of up to $6,500,000, payable to the NFL, upon any Club found to have committed such violation; (ii) order the forfeiture of up to a maximum of two draft choices (without limitation as to round) by the Club found to have committed such violation; (iii) impose a fine of up to $500,000 on any Club executive or other Club personnel found to have committed such violation; and/or (iv) suspend for up to one year any Club executive or other Club personnel found to have committed such violation. In the event that the System Arbitrator finds a violation of Subsection 1(b) of this Article, for each such violation, the System Arbitrator may: (i) impose a fine of up to $6,500,000, payable to the NFL, upon any Club found to have committed such violation; and (ii) impose a fine of up to $500,000 on any Club executive or other Club personnel found to have committed such violation. In addition, in the event that the System Arbitrator finds a violation of Subsection 1(b) of this Article, for each such violation, the Commissioner (i) shall be authorized to order the forfeiture of up to a maximum of two Draft choices (without limitation as to round) by the Club found to have committed such violation; and (ii) shall, unless the parties agree otherwise, suspend for up to one year any Club executive or other Club personnel found to have committed such violation. In imposing sanctions pursuant to the immediately preceding sentence, the Commissioner shall apply the same standards that he would apply in the event of a violation of Subsection 1(a), taking into account the sanctions, if any, imposed by the System Arbitrator. In agreeing to the two preceding sentences, the parties have not waived or affected their respective positions as to whether the Commissioner does or does not have the authority to impose discipline for such violations against any Club, Club executive, or other Club personnel greater than the sanctions set forth in this Article, and the preceding two sentences shall not be considered in any resolution of that issue. For purposes of this Subsection 6(b), the term “Club personnel” shall not include players.
Old 02-04-2021, 07:53 AM

Thanked 4,413 Times in 2,533 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Clubs. In the event that the System Arbitrator finds a violation of Subsection 1(a) of this Article, for each such violation, the Commissioner shall be authorized to: (i) impose a fine of up to $6,500,000, payable to the NFL, upon any Club found to have committed such violation; (ii) order the forfeiture of up to a maximum of two draft choices (without limitation as to round) by the Club found to have committed such violation; (iii) impose a fine of up to $500,000 on any Club executive or other Club personnel found to have committed such violation; and/or (iv) suspend for up to one year any Club executive or other Club personnel found to have committed such violation. In the event that the System Arbitrator finds a violation of Subsection 1(b) of this Article, for each such violation, the System Arbitrator may: (i) impose a fine of up to $6,500,000, payable to the NFL, upon any Club found to have committed such violation; and (ii) impose a fine of up to $500,000 on any Club executive or other Club personnel found to have committed such violation. In addition, in the event that the System Arbitrator finds a violation of Subsection 1(b) of this Article, for each such violation, the Commissioner (i) shall be authorized to order the forfeiture of up to a maximum of two Draft choices (without limitation as to round) by the Club found to have committed such violation; and (ii) shall, unless the parties agree otherwise, suspend for up to one year any Club executive or other Club personnel found to have committed such violation. In imposing sanctions pursuant to the immediately preceding sentence, the Commissioner shall apply the same standards that he would apply in the event of a violation of Subsection 1(a), taking into account the sanctions, if any, imposed by the System Arbitrator. In agreeing to the two preceding sentences, the parties have not waived or affected their respective positions as to whether the Commissioner does or does not have the authority to impose discipline for such violations against any Club, Club executive, or other Club personnel greater than the sanctions set forth in this Article, and the preceding two sentences shall not be considered in any resolution of that issue. For purposes of this Subsection 6(b), the term “Club personnel” shall not include players.
Is this for being over the cap, or for doing secret deals to circumvent the cap. The latter seems more likely.
Old 02-04-2021, 07:55 AM

Thanked 4,413 Times in 2,533 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

Lethal injection.

o
Of team executives, or one player at a time until the team is under the cap?
Colts And Orioles (02-04-2021)