ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 11-18-2018, 11:47 PM

Thanked 1,195 Times in 527 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelanka7 View Post
I don't know if this has been mentioned before but I wonder how much of TY blowing up today had anything to do with his old mentor #87 being in attendance...?

Then lets buy #87 a ticket to EVERY game.

T.Y.'s work today was a thing of beauty!

Walk Worthy,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 11-18-2018, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post

Then again, Colts don't exactly have a ton of must-sign arguments for their 2019 free agents.
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-age...napolis-colts/

They really, really don’t.

Also, another great write-up on the game. I always send a link to this thread around as I think it’s the best Colts game breakdowns you’ll get anywhere. So far, no one wants to join the board and take the abuse that we dole out around here, though!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coltsalr For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (11-18-2018), GoBigBlue88 (11-19-2018)
Old 11-19-2018, 01:22 AM

Thanked 2,502 Times in 1,474 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Funny how things work out. Patriots and Kraft thought they were really sticking it to us also. We should send them thank you letters.
Yeah I need to change my sig. I mean, still fuck him and all, but him being the bitch he is was the greatest gift ever.
Chromeburn (11-19-2018)
Old 11-19-2018, 07:31 AM

Thanked 4,373 Times in 2,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
So far, no one wants to join the board and take the abuse that we dole out around here, though!
Just a side note, but have you noticed that during our win streak, certain posters have gone AWOL? The same ones who preach doom and gloom every time we are not playing well. They come to Ruyinn every game thread. Good riddance!
Old 11-19-2018, 07:36 AM

Thanked 4,373 Times in 2,519 Posts

Exhibit A: http://coltfreaks.com/forum/search.php?searchid=53826

His last post was in the last game we lost.
Old 11-19-2018, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-age...napolis-colts/

They really, really don’t.

Also, another great write-up on the game. I always send a link to this thread around as I think it’s the best Colts game breakdowns you’ll get anywhere. So far, no one wants to join the board and take the abuse that we dole out around here, though!
My two cents,

OG Mark Glowinski = MUST SIGN. 27 years old and has shown that he belongs in our system. Well worth the cost of a medium to medium-high starting OG 4 year contract. The top nine OGs in the league all make over $10m a year and another 20 make between $5m - $9.99m a year. Glowinski is NOT a top ten OG so I would say go middle ground on that next group and see if Ballard can sign him to a contract around $7.5m a year.

PK Adam Vinatieri = MUST SIGN if he comes back. As long as he is effective, he should be signed. However, the warning point is "as long as he is effective..." Here are his FG success percentages since 2014:

2014 = 96.8% (highest of his career)
2015 = 92.6%
2016 = 87.1%
2017 = 85.3%
2018 = 82.4% (partial season)

Now, he is on pace to only have 27 FG attempts for the season which would be his lowest number for a season since 2008 when he only attempted 25 FGs (not counting his injury shortened 2009 season) so each FG is a magnified portion of his percentage but...that trend is something to watch.

Anyway, I would still sign him to his 2018 contract plus so around $3.750m for the season. Chump change.

CB Pierre Desir = MUST SIGN. He has been the only Colt CB over the season who, game in and game out, is doing his job. He is not an NFL CB1 (or possibly even the CB2 you really want) but he is the kind of guy you need LOTS of to make up a quality secondary while hopefully having one or two studs to play the opposing team's WR1 and WR2 and then the Desir's of the world can cover everyone else. 28 years old next season and I would think that $4m to $5m a year would get him on a 3 year contract.

SS Clayton Geathers = POSSIBLE SIGN. The Bob Sanders effect; effective when on the field but misses a WHOLE lot of time so he is not on the field as much as you would like. Depends on the asking price; the top six safeties in the league are making over $10m a year with 21 making between $5m - $9.99m a year. Due to health, I don't know that I would offer over about $6m - $7m a year to Clayton.

OL Denzelle Good = POSSIBLE SIGN. Very promising his first couple of years in the league; the last couple of years have been injury plagued. While I love the concept of going into 2019 with our Fav Five plus Haeg, Clark and Good already on the roster before free agency or the draft, if we are going to lose one of those eight it would be Good whom I would choose. I would probably only offer him a high end depth contract somewhere in the $2m - $3m a year range.

Too old to sign before 2nd / 3rd phase free agency:

OG Matt Slauson, 33 years old
DL Margus Hunt, 32 years old
NT Al Woods, 32 years old
FS Mike Mitchell, 32 years old
OT J'Marcus Webb, 31 years old
WR Dontrelle Inman, 30 years old

All these guys have contributed to the Colts this season, all are showing that they can play at pretty good levels of play but all will be over 30 years old for 2019 and I would be shocked if Ballard throws money at any of them before free agency hits its 2nd or 3rd phases. I would not mind any of them being on the Colts next season but it will be for low money if not signed for more somewhere else.

Let Walk:

LB Najee Goode
WR Ryan Grant
TE Ryan Hewitt

All other free agents are either Restricted Free Agents or Exclusive Rights Free Agents and will be back with the Colts if the team wants to pay them the chump change that those designations give them.

So, Glowinski, Vinatier and Desir are my MUST SIGN guys along with decisions on how much Geathers and Good are worth to the team.

Walk Worthy,
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
Chaka (11-19-2018), Indystu2 (11-20-2018), nate505 (11-19-2018), Racehorse (11-19-2018), smitty46953 (11-19-2018), Thorgrim (11-19-2018)
Old 11-19-2018, 10:25 AM

A couple of snippets from PFF on their "Offensive Team of the Week" article.

Note: No player grades used in this; only game day stats.

Quote:
WR T.Y. HILTON, INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Key signature stat: Generated a perfect WR rating of 158.3

Nine targets, nine receptions, 155 yards and two touchdowns led to a perfect passer rating from Luck when he targeted his number one wideout on Sunday. The Luck-to-Hilton connection was in full effect against a Tennessee Titans’ defense that was coming off a very strong performance against the New England Patriots. Hilton’s big performance came on just 26 routes run which gave him a league-high 5.96 receiving yards per route.
Quote:
QB ANDREW LUCK, INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Key signature stat: Posted a passer rating of 149.7 from a clean pocket

Luck continued his string of good play against the Titans on Sunday, and in turn, the Colts picked up another divisional win for the second straight week. A large contributor to Luck’s success has been the improved offensive line that allowed pressure on a league-low ten percent of Luck’s dropbacks this week. From a clean pocket, Luck went for 278 yards, three touchdowns, and a passer rating of 149.7.
The future is so bright...I gotta triple up!

Walk Worthy,
Old 11-19-2018, 10:56 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

So how many of you Freaks are starting to believe? I'm beginning to have hope that this team may be good. Good enough to do damage if they make the playoffs. I'm getting emotionally invested in winning, just not seeing progress. Am I premature? Probably but I'm beginning to think that this team can beat anyone. The offensive line play yesterday was beyond incredible. It was as good a pass protection game as I have ever seen in over 40 years of watching football. I'm enjoying this year in ways I didn't think possible a month ago. It has been worth holding on thru all the shit we have gone thru the past years just to really get to enjoy the turn around beginning to happen. Happy Monday Freaks!!!
Old 11-19-2018, 11:22 AM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
So how many of you Freaks are starting to believe? I'm beginning to have hope that this team may be good. Good enough to do damage if they make the playoffs. I'm getting emotionally invested in winning, just not seeing progress. Am I premature? Probably but I'm beginning to think that this team can beat anyone. The offensive line play yesterday was beyond incredible. It was as good a pass protection game as I have ever seen in over 40 years of watching football. I'm enjoying this year in ways I didn't think possible a month ago. It has been worth holding on thru all the shit we have gone thru the past years just to really get to enjoy the turn around beginning to happen. Happy Monday Freaks!!!
I believe in Reich wholeheartedly, which is really all that matters. I already believed in Luck.

Honestly, I don't believe in the defense. I believe in the OL, but if Kelly is out, I think that's very much up in the air again.

I'm buying this team beating MIA (although I think MIA is better than most here realize), but it's just HOU's year with the division as they survive every game by the skin of their teeth, it seems, and I think the wildcard race could well come down to @TEN in Week 17.
Old 11-19-2018, 11:47 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
I believe in Reich wholeheartedly, which is really all that matters. I already believed in Luck.

Honestly, I don't believe in the defense. I believe in the OL, but if Kelly is out, I think that's very much up in the air again.

I'm buying this team beating MIA (although I think MIA is better than most here realize), but it's just HOU's year with the division as they survive every game by the skin of their teeth, it seems, and I think the wildcard race could well come down to @TEN in Week 17.
Agreed. I'm not sold on the defense. They are so young that even if we had the players (I don't think we are there yet) it takes time to be consistent. I am sold on the offense however. We definitely could use improvements at WR and maybe running back (although I think you can live with these guys. They block and that is huge. Thank you Rathman) but with this line and Luck we can score on anyone.