ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 10-10-2017, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
I guess the logic was "maybe special teams can help the offense out if we can get a nice return for better field position or even score"
but that was just stupid, esp since Bray had room for a return anyway.
That pissed me off too about it

Not only was it a dumb idea in general, I was watching and thinking "Bray finally has some room for a return, should be great field position!"
Old 10-10-2017, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
That pissed me off too about it

Not only was it a dumb idea in general, I was watching and thinking "Bray finally has some room for a return, should be great field position!"

What pisses me off most is that the play if executed as designed requires Bray to do 2 things he's not good at. 1. Make a quick decision re whether Desir is open enough to do something with the ball once he receives it and then 2. Accurately through the ball all the way across to the other side of the field. How many times have we seen Bray make bad decisions re running the ball out of the end zone let alone now saddling him with this level of complexity? Forget the argument that we shouldn't need a trick play to beat the 49rs. This play as designed and with the talent we have is just too low a probability to even think about taking out of the playbook
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (10-10-2017), Puck (10-10-2017), Racehorse (10-10-2017)
Old 10-10-2017, 09:42 PM

Thanked 2,500 Times in 1,472 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
That lateral on the punt was pure hubris.

The nerve to attempt that shit when you know the offense is far from firing and have struggled to score any points at that point.

To trade a great field position for a stupid trick it's testament of ineptness and that you still don't fucking learn.
What's sad is that it doesn't even seem to crack the top 10 list of Pagano fuck ups. Even though it was an incredibly stupid move.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:59 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
What pisses me off most is that the play if executed as designed requires Bray to do 2 things he's not good at. 1. Make a quick decision re whether Desir is open enough to do something with the ball once he receives it and then 2. Accurately through the ball all the way across to the other side of the field. How many times have we seen Bray make bad decisions re running the ball out of the end zone let alone now saddling him with this level of complexity? Forget the argument that we shouldn't need a trick play to beat the 49rs. This play as designed and with the talent we have is just too low a probability to even think about taking out of the playbook
I apologize if I'm mistaken, but wasn't the pass/lateral thrown to Hogan, who had only been with the team for 3 weeks? Not that it matters, because I believe that Desir may have been /the Colts one week longer.

My point is, that you don't try plays like this, unless all impact players have practiced this play for months, not weeks.

Again this is no different than Pags stupid swinging gate lineup vs the Pats. I don't care if the Special Teams Coached called it or not.

Pags in both instances, had a chance to veto it or call a TO, and make things right.

Nope, not Pags. Hell I'm surprised he hasn't fired Tom McMahon and replaced him with Tom Simpson.
Old 10-11-2017, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
I apologize if I'm mistaken, but wasn't the pass/lateral thrown to Hogan, who had only been with the team for 3 weeks? Not that it matters, because I believe that Desir may have been /the Colts one week longer.

My point is, that you don't try plays like this, unless all impact players have practiced this play for months, not weeks.

Again this is no different than Pags stupid swinging gate lineup vs the Pats. I don't care if the Special Teams Coached called it or not.

Pags in both instances, had a chance to veto it or call a TO, and make things right.

Nope, not Pags. Hell I'm surprised he hasn't fired Tom McMahon and replaced him with Tom Simpson.

You may be right. I was watching on a livestream and it froze up during that play. I thought it was Desir as Rick Venturi was dissecting the play on one of the Monday talk shows and he mentioned the throw was intended for Desir but he may have named the wrong guy.....no matter it was fucked up.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post

or Homer Simpson