ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 09-18-2018, 05:07 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
4.7 isn't bad for a LB, and he plays fast on his tape with the pads on, faster than his time would indicate. Happens sometimes. He wasn't top of the LB's but I don't think it was a glaring weakness. Not like he ran a 4.9. He dominated his competition too, which is what you want to see from a small school player. LB is usually one of the easier positions to project.
All the stats in the world don't matter when you watch him play. He plays FAST. Anyone here had prior knowledge of Gary Brackett or Antoine Bethea? All they did was make plays, and they both had a high football IQ.
Old 09-18-2018, 05:36 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
Great to hear. Upon reviewing the article again, and after reading all the comments here, I'm convinced this article is simply sour grapes by a guy who admits he didn't like Darius prior to the draft, and seems resistant to change this analysis. Even his positive comments are tinged with some sort of limitation - i.e. "I know Jordan Reed is a terrible blocker, but..." and "Yes, I know Smith telegraphed the throw, but...". The negative comments seem to have no such limitation - i.e. "I have rarely seen a linebacker bite on play-action fakes as hard as Leonard"

Scumbag.
He sounds kinda dickish doesn't he. Everyone is wrong on draft picks. If you make 50% you are a hell of a scout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
All the stats in the world don't matter when you watch him play. He plays FAST. Anyone here had prior knowledge of Gary Brackett or Antoine Bethea? All they did was make plays, and they both had a high football IQ.
His read and reaction skills are very good. Hooker's is too. When that fumble happened that Hooker grabbed, he saw it and had it in his hands before anyone else even reacted. Between the two of them, there should be a lot of turnovers. Leonard seems a great scheme fit for this D. Yeah he has some weaknesses, but those should improve with time, especially the biting on play action. He will get burned on that pretty soon and it will be a good lesson.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:05 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

So when Darius Leonard gets some experience and stops biting on play action fakes, he will be good for 21 tackles per game and a few passes defensed or intercepted?

I think I'll take that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (09-19-2018), sherck (09-19-2018)
Old 09-18-2018, 11:47 PM

DD had him on his show today....it was a good interview, check the podcast if you want to hear it. He was well spoken and comes off as grateful and very humble. He was recruited by Clemson, though he went to South Carolina....something to do with some test results and a missed deadline........didn't really catch the details as I was driving in a monsoon at the time. He's always been fast....he said he grew up on a farm and alot of his early "workouts" were doing work on the farm. DD played an interview w/his college coach from May and he said his biggest challenge w/Darius was getting his weight up....came to him very rangy and fast but strong (185) but they had to work at getting his weight over 200. He couldn't speak more highly of a prospect. Said alot of teams expressed interest in Darius, though the Colts did not tip their hand at all that they would take him as high as they did.......Anyway, seems like a well spoken and very together person......the kind of person that seems prepared to make the most out of an opportunity.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:08 AM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

I always find it funny when white people call black dudes well spoken. You never hear white people called well spoken
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
HoosierinFL (09-19-2018), Johanvil (09-19-2018)
Old 09-19-2018, 06:46 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
I always find it funny when white people call black dudes well spoken. You never hear white people called well spoken
Because if they’re not well spoken we referred to them as a rednecks
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
sherck (09-19-2018)
Old 09-19-2018, 06:50 AM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
especially Peyton Manning
Old 09-19-2018, 07:27 AM

Thanked 1,189 Times in 523 Posts

Quote:
That is so not true.

I was just at a college recruiting fair at Purdue University where I got to talk to a couple dozen soon to be college STEM graduates.

There was a WORLD of difference between those cacuasian folks who were well-spoken and who could barely string a coherent sentence together or look me in the eye. I just went back and looked and saw that I had written "well-spoken' on some of the resumes of those who I know were cacuasian.

Sorry, don't agree with you on this one.

Walk Worthy,
Old 09-19-2018, 07:59 AM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
That is so not true.

I was just at a college recruiting fair at Purdue University where I got to talk to a couple dozen soon to be college STEM graduates.

There was a WORLD of difference between those cacuasian folks who were well-spoken and who could barely string a coherent sentence together or look me in the eye. I just went back and looked and saw that I had written "well-spoken' on some of the resumes of those who I know were cacuasian.

Sorry, don't agree with you on this one.

Walk Worthy,
Fair enough

But I never hear it unless it is describing a black dude.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:25 AM

I'd say there's more ageism to it than racism. How often do you hear a 45 year-old being described as well-spoken? With everyone being down on younger generations for being drones to their technology, it's more of a description used when someone in school has an above average range to their vocabulary.
The Following User Says Thank You to Colt Classic For This Useful Post:
sherck (09-19-2018)