ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-18-2024, 07:30 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,639 Times in 948 Posts

Given the Colts front office's obsession with traits and rare athletes, I doubt they'll be interested in Latu, despite him being a ready made pass rusher, and I think they'll end up interested in Nate Wiggins, Cooper DeJean, and Ga'Quincy McKinstry. Also Khyree Jackson will almost certainly be a Colt, possibly at 82 (or a trade down from there).
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
apballin (02-24-2024)
Old 02-22-2024, 09:02 PM

Thanked 2,253 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Given the Colts front office's obsession with traits and rare athletes, I doubt they'll be interested in Latu, despite him being a ready made pass rusher, and I think they'll end up interested in Nate Wiggins, Cooper DeJean, and Ga'Quincy McKinstry. Also Khyree Jackson will almost certainly be a Colt, possibly at 82 (or a trade down from there).
Passing on Latu, could be like passing on Terrell Suggs. As long as Latu passes the medicals and he's available at 15, then he has to be the pick. If Latu is gone or doesn't pass his medicals, then I would be happy with Bowers.

Failing that I would trade down, as the top WR's will be gone and I believe that one of the top CB's will be available later.
Old 02-22-2024, 09:19 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Passing on Latu, could be like passing on Terrell Suggs. As long as Latu passes the medicals and he's available at 15, then he has to be the pick. If Latu is gone or doesn't pass his medicals, then I would be happy with Bowers.

Failing that I would trade down, as the top WR's will be gone and I believe that one of the top CB's will be available later.
I agree on Latu, but the Colts pick athletes, and Latu is not likely to be a top flight athlete. I can't see them looking past that and the medicals. Not at 15.

I would be thrilled with Bowers, as well. As far as a trade down, I wouldn't go past PIT or PHI, because beyond that they'd basically be getting the leftovers of the CB group rather than their choice.
Old 02-22-2024, 09:42 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,661 Times in 2,046 Posts

Quote:
Cross reference all the high RAS guys with best performers at the senior bowl and we’ll find a couple Colts picks.

I expect we’ll look for explosive players on offense with a heavy dose of defense after a couple O guys.
Old 02-22-2024, 10:22 PM

Thanked 2,253 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Cross reference all the high RAS guys with best performers at the senior bowl and we’ll find a couple Colts picks.

I expect we’ll look for explosive players on offense with a heavy dose of defense after a couple O guys.

I wish, that at some point Ballard would throw RAS out the window and just draft really good football players. My point being...Ballard probably would've never drafted Terrell Suggs as the 10th overall pick, because Suggs ran a 4.84-40.
Old 02-23-2024, 01:20 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post

I think I had Daniel Scott as one of like 5 names when he was selected using that method last year.
Old 02-23-2024, 01:24 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,661 Times in 2,046 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
I wish, that at some point Ballard would throw RAS out the window and just draft really good football players. My point being...Ballard probably would've never drafted Terrell Suggs as the 10th overall pick, because Suggs ran a 4.84-40.
He probably would not have along with a bunch of other GM's, Suggs fell to the Ravens. He might not have drafted Freeney, but who knows now. I think Polian is in his ear a lot about what metrics to look for. I think Paye was a guy Polian would have liked because of his 3-cone.

But my counterpoint to that is he does like the good senior bowl (and other events) performers. He is following the metrics and odds, what the analytics tell him are the guys that will do well. Suggs is really an outlier, for his position and to hit on those guys it takes a lot of luck. Also Suggs was a LB edge rusher not a DE. The defense let him do what he did best which was rush.
Old 02-24-2024, 08:56 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

Quote:
I agree on Latu, but the Colts pick athletes, and Latu is not likely to be a top flight athlete. I can't see them looking past that and the medicals. Not at 15.

I would be thrilled with Bowers, as well. As far as a trade down, I wouldn't go past PIT or PHI, because beyond that they'd basically be getting the leftovers of the CB group rather than their choice.
Taking Bowers means you’re giving up on Mallory and Woods though right?

Just wondering if they have more faith in those guys then we know of
Old 02-24-2024, 09:01 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
Taking Bowers means you’re giving up on Mallory and Woods though right?

Just wondering if they have more faith in those guys then we know of
Would drafting Quenton Nelson have meant giving up on talented starting OGs if we had them at the time? Or would it have meant what it meant, that Nelson was a 1 of 1 type of player?
Old 02-24-2024, 10:44 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

Quote:
Would drafting Quenton Nelson have meant giving up on talented starting OGs if we had them at the time? Or would it have meant what it meant, that Nelson was a 1 of 1 type of player?
I get that but Nelson was considered a can’t miss automatic hall of famer and that pick has still been scrutinized for taking a guard that high. Same applies to TE, do TEs picked that high ever work out?

To me the teams biggest flaw was injuries to the Oline, it was a totally different team when Braden Smith missed games. I’d say the oldest most beatup position on the roster is Oline but CB is definitely a glaring weakness however that can be covered up with good Dline play