ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-09-2023, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I'd gladly give them the 4th pick, Taylor, and Leonard, get Stroud, and keep next year's 1. That's the best of all worlds IMO.
You sniffing glue? No way in the fucking world is Stroud worth that haul. I'm glad you're not our GM. We would be stuck in the 80's as a team. There is not ONE. SINGLE. QB. in this draft worth trading shit for. They all have a higher risk of bust than franchise. You have to be one of the worse talent evaluators on this board. Your knowledge of football is exceptional most times, which is the puzzling part when you start hyping guys. Most of the ones you were willing to hock the farm for the last few years are not even in the league anymore, or 2nd. string and bench riders.
Racehorse (02-09-2023)
Old 02-09-2023, 03:52 PM

Thanked 2,253 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
You sniffing glue? No way in the fucking world is Stroud worth that haul. I'm glad you're not our GM. We would be stuck in the 80's as a team. There is not ONE. SINGLE. QB. in this draft worth trading shit for. They all have a higher risk of bust than franchise. You have to be one of the worse talent evaluators on this board. Your knowledge of football is exceptional most times, which is the puzzling part when you start hyping guys. Most of the ones you were willing to hock the farm for the last few years are not even in the league anymore, or 2nd. string and bench riders.
I agree that is too much of a haul for Stroud when only moving up a few spots.

This from Matt Miller on ESPN seems to back that up:

"In this scenario, the Colts take the plunge, sending the Bears the Nos. 4 and 35 picks, a fourth-rounder and a 2024 third-rounder to jump to the top.

I spoke to a few people in the league for context on what might seem like a fair deal, and this fits for both franchises. Indy can get its signal-caller, and Chicago should still have the chance to land a top defender while adding a haul of draft assets, including a valuable second-rounder."

Now if you wanna substitute one of those pick for a player, then that may be possible as well.
Old 02-09-2023, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post

"In this scenario, the Colts take the plunge, sending the Bears the Nos. 4 and 35 picks, a fourth-rounder and a 2024 third-rounder to jump to the top.

I spoke to a few people in the league for context on what might seem like a fair deal, and this fits for both franchises. Indy can get its signal-caller, and Chicago should still have the chance to land a top defender while adding a haul of draft assets, including a valuable second-rounder."

Now if you wanna substitute one of those pick for a player, then that may be possible as well.
That's to much to move up 3 spots. Stroud, Levis, Richardson, and Young are not worth any move out of the spot we are in. We have way to many holes to be moving that kind of draft capital. I would take Carr first before I gave up anything for those guys. NOT A SINGLE ONE is worth jumping 3 spots, not a one of them.
Racehorse (02-10-2023)
Old 02-09-2023, 07:33 PM

Thanked 2,253 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
That's to much to move up 3 spots. Stroud, Levis, Richardson, and Young are not worth any move out of the spot we are in. We have way to many holes to be moving that kind of draft capital. I would take Carr first before I gave up anything for those guys. NOT A SINGLE ONE is worth jumping 3 spots, not a one of them.
It may be too much, but Ballard did say that he would do whatever it takes to get "THE GUY".

Whether or not Ballard thinks any of the current crop of QB's is "THE GUY" is largely unknown.
The Following User Says Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Lov2fish (02-10-2023)
Old 02-09-2023, 07:57 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,663 Times in 2,048 Posts

Quote:
It may be too much, but Ballard did say that he would do whatever it takes to get "THE GUY".

Whether or not Ballard thinks any of the current crop of QB's is "THE GUY" is largely unknown.
Local reporters don’t like it but the leaks have seemed to dry up this off season. Good thing because it seemed ppl had a bead on who we liked before. but they may have no idea who we are looking at now.
Old 02-09-2023, 08:01 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,663 Times in 2,048 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
No, which is why trading up to 1 is essential. I'd rather give up just about anything but next year's 1 to do it, but that will likely have to be part of the deal unless the Colts are willing to trade some of their best players and the Bears value them. If they can avoid giving up next year's 1, pairing Stroud with Harrison Jr. in the NFL would be ideal.
I’m not sure. Wonder who the Texans will like. Young has incredible poise for a QB. Burrow like poise. Too bad he’s so tiny. I just don’t think that 2024 1st round should be on the table. Too valuable. It could be Caleb Williams or MH Jr. I wouldn’t trade it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
nate505 (02-11-2023)
Old 02-09-2023, 08:10 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,639 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Quote:

I'm basing my valuation on two things: 1) The Chargers trade with the Giants in 2004, which most closely reflects the current situation the Colts face. The Giants gave up the 4th pick, their 3rd round pick, their next year's 1, and their next year's 5. 2) I'm pricing in a bit of a bidding war. The Texans probably don't want the Colts to jump them, so they're incentivized to make it harder for the Colts to move up. If we were dealing with only draft capital, I would fully expect a trade to cost this year's 1, next year's 1, this year's 3, and at least a Day 2 pick next year.

So why Taylor and Leonard? Seems like too much to give, right?

With Taylor, the Colts are facing a pending contract with an elite player at a non-premium position. Is Taylor worth a 4/72 deal with half of it guaranteed? Probably. Is it worth it to commit that much in resources to the RB position? I have my doubts. Why not make that the Bears' problem? They definitely get an elite player, which is why they're sacrificing value equivalent to a 1st round pick to get him, but now they have to deal with extending him and the potential consequences thereof.

So what about Leonard? Well, the Colts are now at least one and possibly two defensive schemes removed from the scheme in which Shaquille Leonard was an All-Pro. Where does that scheme reside now? Chicago, conveniently enough. Further, the Colts found a revelation in Zaire Franklin this year, who provides a high enough level of play that the impact of Leonard's departure would be diminished. Finally, moving him would move a large contract off the books and eliminate the uncertainty of what his return from injury will look like. Are the Bears getting good value giving up what I would consider to be the equivalent of a 2nd round pick to get Leonard? Absolutely, but the Colts are mitigating their risk and keeping their draft capital in house, which IMO with a rookie QB and a brand new head coach, is paramount to the success of the franchise moving forward.

Is it a trade that could look terrible in 5 years? Sure, but the same could be said for trading the Bears picks that end up being something like Will Anderson, Marvin Harrison Jr., and two other starting caliber players. Either way, the trade will only look bad if the QB they draft is a bust. IMO it doesn't matter who they gave up if the guy they draft is the next franchise QB.

Do you think Chiefs fans care that the Bills got Tre'Davious White, Dion Dawkins, and Tremaine Edmunds as a result of the Patrick Mahomes trade? Should we consider the Chiefs to have lost that trade? I think the answer to both of those questions is no.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
ChaosTheory (02-10-2023)
Old 02-09-2023, 08:13 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,639 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I’m not sure. Wonder who the Texans will like. Young has incredible poise for a QB. Burrow like poise. Too bad he’s so tiny. I just don’t think that 2024 1st round should be on the table. Too valuable. It could be Caleb Williams or MH Jr. I wouldn’t trade it.
If you have a clear QB1 and your options are trade next year's 1 or let Houston get him, what do you do? I trade next year's 1.
Old 02-09-2023, 11:33 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

I’m not opposed to Stroud I was saying Levi’s only trying to predict irsay

Stroud definitely has the better resume but now alot of teams are looking for QBs all of a sudden so this is gonna get interesting

I’m sure Frank Reich would love to jump ahead of us and take the Qb irsay wants
Old 02-10-2023, 01:04 AM

Thanked 1,648 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:

Well the thing is, unless all of the teams agree that none of these guys is "THE GUY"... it's going to be more expensive than it should be for this crop. Even if you don't get ahead of HOU, you still need to outbid stay right behind them. Sucks if these guys are all as iffy as everyone thinks.

Best case seems to me to be if Dam is right and Stroud is a stud worth the price. Because Young is little and Levis gives me Wentz flashbacks, both of whom will give me a heart attack 20 times a game. But really I have no idea this year.