ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 03-03-2018, 01:09 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
If that's the case, then the Rams are stupid for not getting the best value for Quinn. If you're trading a player, shopping him to every team and getting the best value makes the most sense.
oh I agree. Some people seem to think that the colts are in on every trade and either pass or get outbid. I was pointing out that's not always the case.
The Following User Says Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
smitty46953 (03-03-2018)
Old 03-03-2018, 03:15 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Look at the Jimmy Garapollo trade. If the Pats had shopped him hard they could've gotten better than a 2nd be round pick. Compensation was not the only factor. I have no idea what the factors were for the Rams but Quinn had 20ish sacks not that long ago. They flat didn't try hard to get a big return, they couldn't have.
Old 03-03-2018, 03:55 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
Look at the Jimmy Garapollo trade. If the Pats had shopped him hard they could've gotten better than a 2nd be round pick. Compensation was not the only factor. I have no idea what the factors were for the Rams but Quinn had 20ish sacks not that long ago. They flat didn't try hard to get a big return, they couldn't have.
Belicheat wanting to screw the Browns was a big factor. I assume the Rams aren't as petty as the Cheaters. They can, and may very well have, choose not to shop him for the best return, but I can, and will, say their front office made a bad decision to do that.
Old 03-03-2018, 07:04 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quinn played outside linebacker in a 3-4 with the Rams last year. They only got a 5th for him. He may not be what Ballard wants in a de. Nobody else was in love with the guy or they would have gotten better than a 5th. He also counts 12m towards the cap. I'd rather put that kind of money towards an offensive lineman. Don't want him at 12m.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:03 PM

$12m a year for a guy his age, with his proven track record is exactly what the Colts will have to pay. Chubb will obviously come a lot cheaper on his rookie deal, but there is no guarantee that he will actually provide a similar level of production that Quinn already has. You could also say that there is no definite assurance that Quinn would continue to produce at the levels he already has.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:04 PM

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
Quinn played outside linebacker in a 3-4 with the Rams last year. They only got a 5th for him. He may not be what Ballard wants in a de. Nobody else was in love with the guy or they would have gotten better than a 5th. He also counts 12m towards the cap. I'd rather put that kind of money towards an offensive lineman. Don't want him at 12m.
We have enough money to do both. Pass rushers are amongst the most valuable players.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:26 AM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Quinn is better than any olineman we can get. Only a moron would not want Quinn on this team.

We need to fix the team. Not just the oline
Old 03-04-2018, 11:39 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Well I guess I am a moron. I don't think the guy is worth 12m. If I'm getting the 2103/14 Quinn sign me up (although that Quinn doesn't get traded) I feel ok about it though as my opinion is the same as most general managers in the NFL (otherwise someone would have given more than a 4th for him). If he is such a stud pass rusher why the hell was he traded? And for a 4th round draft choice? His last 3 years he has had 5,4 and 8.5 sacks. His sacks ticked up in 2017 after he was taken off the line and made a rushing LB. He has had back and hip issues. He may return to his glory years with a return to de, his natural position. However his last two years at de he had 5 and 4 sacks respectively. You are gambling that a 28 year old (when the new season starts) can regain the form he had 4 years ago. To me I'd rather use that 12m in other ways.
Old 03-04-2018, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Well I guess I am a moron. I don't think the guy is worth 12m. If I'm getting the 2103/14 Quinn sign me up (although that Quinn doesn't get traded) I feel ok about it though as my opinion is the same as most general managers in the NFL (otherwise someone would have given more than a 4th for him). If he is such a stud pass rusher why the hell was he traded? And for a 4th round draft choice? His last 3 years he has had 5,4 and 8.5 sacks. His sacks ticked up in 2017 after he was taken off the line and made a rushing LB. He has had back and hip issues. He may return to his glory years with a return to de, his natural position. However his last two years at de he had 5 and 4 sacks respectively. You are gambling that a 28 year old (when the new season starts) can regain the form he had 4 years ago. To me I'd rather use that 12m in other ways.
But that was 5 sacks in only 8 games and then 4 sacks in 9 games, need to put those figures you have thrown out there into context. Sure you could argue that it was also two years where he struggled with injury which is a concern. He is a dominant pass rusher who is still in his prime.