ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-18-2019, 04:11 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,610 Times in 2,021 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgrim View Post
Agree that DT is greatest draft need. I’d address OL second if the talent is available. Not liking any free agent prospects on either line but there are some intriguing prospects at WR. A.J. Green’s situation is unclear in Cincy due to his health as well as the the need to rebuild that dumpster fire of a team. Amari Cooper and Emmanuel Sanders may hit the market as well but you gotta wonder if all these guys will demand grossly inflated figures to be had. Regardless of position, some our our holes MUST be filled in free agency next year.
We spent 10 million on Funchess. He has done nothing and it doesn't even hurt us financially. This will be a fantastic WR draft. I think we should use FA and the draft to address the position. Hilton is getting hurt more and more often and turns 30, they need to get that position group more talent.

Don't get me started on DT. I agree and DT and pass rusher in the next draft should happen.
Old 11-19-2019, 01:03 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,608 Times in 934 Posts

Lots of people talking about WR being a need, but hasn't Pascal shown he's at least a decent 2? Between T.Y., he, and Campbell, I don't see a need to invest in WR early next year.
Old 11-19-2019, 03:30 AM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Lots of people talking about WR being a need, but hasn't Pascal shown he's at least a decent 2? Between T.Y., he, and Campbell, I don't see a need to invest in WR early next year.
No. With TY out, our leading receiver this last game had 38 yards. Campbell isn't a #2 either. He's a gimmick guy. Funchess is a complete unknown. WR definitely needs to be addressed in the offseason.
Old 11-19-2019, 04:36 AM

I think we need to give Funchess a chance throughout the remainder of the season before we decide exactly what we need to do at the receiver position.

Hilton, Funchess, Campbell and Pascal to me offer a diverse range of skills, we will also have Fountain back next year, with the likes of Johnson, Rogers, Dulin rounding out the group. I am not going to complain if we were to spend a high draft pick on a receiver, (Hilton is not getting any younger), but i am not convinced that it will be the huge priority that it has been throughout most of this year. Injuries have happened, and i am sorry but you can't legislate for losing your top 3 guys at one position. You do that and you will have no depth across the rest of your roster.
The Following User Says Thank You to ukcolt For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-19-2019)
Old 11-19-2019, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcolt View Post
I think we need to give Funchess a chance throughout the remainder of the season before we decide exactly what we need to do at the receiver position.

Hilton, Funchess, Campbell and Pascal to me offer a diverse range of skills, we will also have Fountain back next year, with the likes of Johnson, Rogers, Dulin rounding out the group. I am not going to complain if we were to spend a high draft pick on a receiver, (Hilton is not getting any younger), but i am not convinced that it will be the huge priority that it has been throughout most of this year. Injuries have happened, and i am sorry but you can't legislate for losing your top 3 guys at one position. You do that and you will have no depth across the rest of your roster.
If they're that deep can we at least agree to no more wastes of roster spots on 2 or 3 year developmental receivers? I see a bunch of 3's, 4's, and 5's in that list with Pascal and Funchess capable of stepping up for a week or two in case of injuries. I wouldn't look for a #2 receiver, but if a 1a receiver is available then it's worth looking to invest in that.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:42 AM

Thanked 1,895 Times in 922 Posts

Quote:

Send a draft pick to Pittsburgh for Deon Cain.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:55 AM

Hilton, is clearly the undisputed No. 1

Funchess, who actually knows what he will do?

Campbell, has shown flashes of ability, but in his 2nd year would hopefully take a further step up and be competing with Funchess for the No. 2 role.

Pascal is probably a good No. 3 guy, with the potential to develop further. Then you have the others who are all have the possibility to develop into a bigger role going forward.

If Funchess doesn't show anything then yeah i think we need to add someone in the draft.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Hilton, is clearly the undisputed No. 1

Funchess, who actually knows what he will do?

Campbell, has shown flashes of ability, but in his 2nd year would hopefully take a further step up and be competing with Funchess for the No. 2 role.

Pascal is probably a good No. 3 guy, with the potential to develop further. Then you have the others who are all have the possibility to develop into a bigger role going forward.

If Funchess doesn't show anything then yeah i think we need to add someone in the draft.
Potentially, a solid receiving corps, but it would be wise to draft a young WR who needs polish to become a #1. Hilton doesn't have that many great years left.
Old 11-19-2019, 12:25 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Have you seen the state of our passing game? We got shut down by the dolphins and they have NOBODY at corner.

Pascal has to be schemed open, he isn’t creating separation in his route running. Pascal should be a 4th option not the first option. Behind two other receivers and the top TE. Fact is these receivers cannot separate outside of Hilton and maybe Campbell (too small a pool). Deon Cain was supposed to be our speed guy and he did nothing, also JB needs a better deep ball. TY is getting hurt quite often with lower body injuries. We have one win when he is out. Too long we have had TY and a bunch of bodies.

I know a lot of you guys just want to run it all the time, well you need balance and the threat of the pass to run it against good teams. Playoff defenses will stack the box and play man against our WRs and no one will break out. this isn’t college ball, we can run and beat up these shitty teams, but good teams will take your strength away. we want to progress in the playoffs? Improve our WRs. Don’t wanna spend a high pick? Then find a gem in a later round. Regardless, we need another guy that can create plays himself besides TY.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 11-19-2019 at 12:30 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Colt Classic (11-19-2019), Maniac (11-19-2019), YDFL Commish (11-19-2019)
Old 11-19-2019, 12:27 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
Send a draft pick to Pittsburgh for Deon Cain.
Future HOF’er