ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Everything Else > General Topics
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-21-2022, 11:24 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Not reading any of that shit. There is the truth and then there is the media bullshit. You liberals buy into that, I choose not.
Old 07-21-2022, 11:31 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Not reading any of that shit. There is the truth and then there is the media bullshit. You liberals buy into that, I choose not.
https://media.npr.org/assets/img/201...1af049787f.png
Old 07-24-2022, 11:11 AM
Post whore

Default Murdoch's New York Post dumps Trump

Sorry its from cnn, but you can check it out your self

Quote:
One of Donald Trump's favorite newspapers — controlled by his media ally Rupert Murdoch — says Trump is "unworthy to be this country's chief executive again."

Those words, in this weekend's New York Post, may be the tabloid's strongest critique of Trump yet.
Journalists are unflinching as they cover explosive 1/6 testimony. Meanwhile, MAGA Media spins for Trump
Journalists are unflinching as they cover explosive 1/6 testimony. Meanwhile, MAGA Media spins for Trump
It was published online on Friday evening, around the same time another Murdoch publication, the Wall Street Journal, also published an editorial harshly critiquing the former president.
The Journal called him "The President Who Stood Still on Jan. 6" and praised Vice President Mike Pence. "Character is revealed in a crisis, and Mr. Pence passed his Jan. 6 trial. Mr. Trump utterly failed his," the Journal editorial stated.

Both newspapers have been noticeably more critical of Trump than Murdoch's biggest megaphone of all, the Fox News Channel, though close viewers have also picked up on some signs that Fox might be souring on Trump.
The right-wing network does not show his rallies any longer, for example. Potential 2024 presidential candidate Ron DeSantis, the Florida governor, was a featured guest on Fox while Trump held a rally on Friday night.
Both the Post and Journal have conservative editorial boards that are thought to reflect Murdoch's views. Murdoch said last fall that conservatives must play an active role in the American political debate, "but that will not happen if President Trump stays focused on the past."
If Murdoch was trying to give Trump advice, it didn't work. Trump has continued to spread lies about the 2020 election and undermine the House's investigation into the January 6 insurrection.
Analysis: Trump's election lie becomes a big problem for MAGA Media
Analysis: Trump's election lie becomes a big problem for MAGA Media
After the House committee's first prime time hearing last month, the Journal's editorial board said the evidence was a reminder that "Trump betrayed his supporters."
While the editorial writers have remained skeptical of the House committee and critical of the lack of witness cross-examination, they wrote the following on Friday, after the second prime time hearing: "No matter your views of the Jan. 6 special committee, the facts it is laying out in hearings are sobering. The most horrifying to date came Thursday in a hearing on President Trump's conduct as the riot raged and he sat watching TV, posting inflammatory tweets and refusing to send help."
Instead of making excuses or changing the subject, as some conservative commentators have done, the Journal's editorial said Trump "failed" to do his duty as commander in chief.
The Post's editorial page, which wrote last month that "we need a fresh start" with "a new crop of conservatives," went further in its editorial after Thursday's prime time hearing.
"It's up to the Justice Department to decide if this is a crime," the Post said. "But as a matter of principle, as a matter of character, Trump has proven himself unworthy to be this country's chief executive again."
Old 07-24-2022, 12:22 PM

Thanked 4,284 Times in 1,751 Posts

Quote:
i have to hand it to you right wingers. you fall in line every time. you get your marching orders and you march. never question a thing

1-6 did happen and people do fucking care. how every american doesn't care is beyond me. propaganda works so amazingly well on right wingers.

if it ain't on tucker, it didn't happen
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
JAFF (07-24-2022), rcubed (07-24-2022)
Old 07-24-2022, 01:26 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Rupert Murdoch just denounced Trump. Go google his name so it makes sense
Old 07-25-2022, 07:24 AM
Post whore

Fox News anchor Bret Baier slams Trump, saying January 6 hearings made him look 'horrific'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...fcdab818f08f2a

Fox News's Bret Baier said on Sunday that the picture painted by the January 6 committee made former President Donald Trump "look horrific."

Wanna Get Away? Fly Southwest®
Ad
Southwest Airlines®
Wanna Get Away? Fly Southwest®
Baier, the network's Chief Political Anchor, spoke on "Media Buzz" in reaction to Thursday's session, which centered around 187 minutes of the Capitol riot, and Trump's actions and communications in that time — including remaining completely silent as the violence unfolded.

Baier, who has long been a critic of Trump, said: "Laying out all these 187 minutes makes him look horrific, it really does." The contrast between Trump's inaction and former Vice President Mike Pence's attempts to coordinate the administration, Baier said, was "very telling."

"To hear it and see it in that chronological order can be very powerful," he said.

Baier said that the hearings highlighting criticism by former Trump supporters and members of his administration — such as former Deputy National Security Adviser Matthew Pottinger and former Deputy White House Press Secretary Sarah Matthews — was especially persuasive.

"All of these people who have been testifying at one point or another wanted Trump to win," Baier said. "They served under his leadership. They wanted him to be a success."

Whether it changes the view of Republican voters is another matter, Baier said.

"The charges are that it's just not balanced," he said, in reference to the ongoing criticism that the hearings are one-sided. (A congressional committee hearing is supposed to publicize already-established findings, and Republican leaders boycotted involvement in the committee.)

Baier also called for more information on exactly what Trump said about mobilizing the National Guard in advance of the riot. If Trump had taken such action, Baier said, "it kind squelches or downplays the thought that he wanted this insurrection."

The Washington Post, with access to some of those conversations, reported that Trump never ordered the troops.

Baier's criticisms of Trump on the Rupert Murdoch-owned network are not unexpected, despite Fox's strongly conservative leanings.

But they by no means reflect the network's mainstream view. Fox's most-watched opinion host, Tucker Carlson invited former Trump strategist Steve Bannon onto his show on Friday just hours after Bannon had been found guilty of contempt of Congress for not appearing in the hearings.

Bannon called for a "real" hearing, baselessly saying the bipartisan committee currently gathered was presenting "lies and misrepresentations."

But last week's hearings prompted scathing editorials from two further Murdoch properties, The New York Post and The Wall Street Journal.

"Trump failed," said the Journal's editorial board on Friday.

"Trump's silence on January 6 is damning," said The New York Post's editorial board.

Two instances of clear condemnation from outlets which had been reluctant in the past were seen by some commentators as a sign that Murdoch was shifting further against Trump.
Old 07-26-2022, 07:42 AM
Post whore

Default Fox and friends no more for donnie

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...3707d6d83512c5

“@foxandfriends just really botched my poll numbers, no doubt on purpose,” Trump wrote in a post on Truth Social, the social network platforming he started after leaving office. “That show has been terrible — gone to the ‘dark side.’ They quickly quote the big Turning Point Poll victory of almost 60 points over the number two Republican, and then hammer me with outliers.”
Old 07-27-2022, 11:14 AM
Post whore

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/26/polit...ury/index.html

Latest moves suggest DOJ investigation of 2020 election is looking at conduct directly related to Trump and his closest allies
Old 08-01-2022, 04:50 PM
Post whore

Default The cautious calculation behind whether Fox will dump Trump

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...3f484c1a3085c1

Quote:
The symbiotic, mutually advantageous bond between Rupert Murdoch’s media empire and Donald Trump has often been described as a romance or a love fest.

The cautious calculation behind whether Fox will dump Trump
© Justin Lane/EPA-EFE/REX/Shutterstock
The cautious calculation behind whether Fox will dump Trump
Now that the relationship looks as if it may be headed to divorce court, let’s remember what really matters in any decision to split up: money and power.

Lexington Law® Firm - Lexington Law Credit Repair
Ad
www.lexingtonlaw.com/Credit_Repair
Lexington Law® Firm - Lexington Law Credit Repair
And let’s remember what doesn’t matter one whit: loyalty.

There’s no such thing on either side of this equation. In fact, I’d argue that neither side is capable of it.

The Murdochs and Trump aligned for mutual benefit. That may be changing.
Trump, after all, is the president who seemed to think the vicious calls of the mob on Jan. 6, 2021, to hang his ever-faithful Vice President Mike Pence were a pretty reasonable idea.

And he’s the same guy who mysteriously seems to forget close associates as soon as they cause him any trouble. After White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson — a frequent presence in his meetings whose workstation was mere steps away from the Oval Office — offered devastating testimony to the Jan. 6 select committee in June, Trump suffered the usual amnesia: “I hardly know who this person, Cassidy Hutchinson, is, other than I heard very negative things about her (a total phony and ‘leaker’) …”

Semper fidelis, in other words, isn’t really Trump’s strong suit. More appropriate is what legendary Chicago columnist Mike Royko suggested as a motto for his city where public officials often had their hands in the till: Ubi est mea? ( “Where’s mine?)

Related video: Trump's New Jan 6 Nightmare: See Murdoch's Fox News Empire Turn over "Horrible" Trump Evidence

Play Video
Trump's New Jan 6 Nightmare: See Murdoch's Fox News Empire Turn over "Horrible" Trump Evidence
Unmute
View on Watch
As for the Murdochs, cold hard pragmatism will rule the day. If Trump continues to serve the media empire’s purposes as he has been doing so effectively for the past six years — bringing money in the form of ratings and viewership and benefiting Murdoch’s chosen political party — he’ll remain in favor.

If not, then he’ll be tossed overboard without an iota of regret, at least not by the top leadership: Rupert Murdoch and his increasingly important son, Lachlan.

Whether that will actually happen is not entirely clear. The signs are still a little murky and certainly open to interpretation.

On the one hand, the opinion pages of two Murdoch newspapers — the Wall Street Journal and the New York Post — have turned on Trump recently, both offering scathing editorials that blasted him for his role on Jan. 6, 2021, particularly his utter lack of leadership in calling off the dangerous mob. And, far more important than any newspaper editorial, his most valuable media ally, Fox News, has skipped much of the live coverage of the former president’s speeches and rallies while not interviewing him live for months.

Worse, the person emerging as his chief rival for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, has clearly caught the cable network’s eye.

But there’s still plenty of sycophancy on display. Just days ago, the talking heads of “Fox & Friends” — perhaps chastened by Trump’s raging that they had gone to the “dark side” after they reported some unfavorable poll numbers — once again stroked his fragile but oversize ego. Brian Kilmeade called him the “greatest golfing president ever,” and Ainsley Earhardt backed that up with one admiring exclamation: “Athletic!”

Meanwhile, Tucker Carlson showed up at Trump’s Saudi-funded golf tournament over the weekend in Bedminster, N.J., and yukked it up with the former president over an anti-Biden chant from the crowd.

The Murdochs, it seems clear, are waiting to see which way the wind blows.

Yes, they are having their doubts about Trump as the right horse to back, but most of all, they desperately want to hang onto the vast base of MAGA voters (and viewers) who haven’t quite made their minds up about moving on.

“Appearing loyal to Trump made them money, and the minute it stops making them money, they will stop doing it,” a former Fox News commentator was quoted in a weekend story from my colleagues Sarah Ellison and Jeremy Barr. The elder Murdoch may be personally disgusted, or at least put off, by Trump’s malfeasance as it has been revealed in the House hearings; that distaste is probably what’s being reflected in the Post and Journal editorials.

But we’re not there yet. And lofty ideals will have nothing to do with what ultimately happens. Pure pragmatism will rule the day.

Despite his occasional fits of pique, Trump will never really turn on Fox. After all, his social media platform, Truth Social, is no substitute for the constant blast of support that he can get from the most popular cable network in the land and from its prime-time stars. And the television alternatives he once touted, such as One America News and Newsmax, have not gotten the job done.

But the soulless expediency runs in both directions. If Trump manages to snag the Republican nomination in 2024 — very far from impossible despite his falling star — Fox will be right there by his side with pompoms and megaphone at the ready.

Not because of personal affection. Not because of stalwart loyalty. But because that will be the best bet for maintaining what really matters.
Old 08-02-2022, 03:43 AM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
i have to hand it to you right wingers. you fall in line every time. you get your marching orders and you march. never question a thing

1-6 did happen and people do fucking care. how every american doesn't care is beyond me. propaganda works so amazingly well on right wingers.

if it ain't on tucker, it didn't happen
Right wingers fall in line? unlike the leftists??? LOL! You continue to want to judge me Omaha, not that I give a Rat's ass. I don't fall in line for anyone, fucking democrats or republicans. Marching orders, that's so fucking dumb. I served this country, as did my dad and uncles and I care about this country and I am opposed to anyone trying to destroy it. Some democrats are trying to fuck it up and so are a some republicans. If Trump is guilty of being a traitor, lock his ass up, I've already stated this, along with Pelosi, the Clintons, Bush, etc... I don't give a shit if they are Democrats and Republicans.
Racehorse (08-02-2022)