ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Everything Else > General Topics
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-06-2022, 05:23 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts
Default Proud Boys leader and top members charged with seditious conspiracy over January

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/06/polit...y-6/index.html

Finally, charging traitors with , seditious conspiracy.
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (06-06-2022)
Old 06-06-2022, 05:46 PM

Good, they need to round up all the domestic terrorist. Lets not leave any out, send a message that shit ain't cool. Proud Boys, Antifa, BLM, KKK, Skin heads, all of them fucking useless pieces of shit.
JAFF (06-06-2022), Racehorse (06-06-2022), Spike (06-07-2022)
Old 06-10-2022, 03:17 PM
Post whore

Default Trump turns on daughter

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/10/polit...y-6/index.html

Quote:
NN

A day after the House January 6 committee revealed previously unseen video of former President Donald Trump’s daughter and senior adviser, Ivanka Trump, saying she accepted then-Attorney General Bill Barr’s statement that the Justice Department found no fraud sufficient to overturn the election, the former President is responding, saying she had “long since checked out.”

“Ivanka Trump was not involved in looking at, or studying, Election results. She had long since checked out and was, in my opinion, only trying to be respectful to Bill Barr and his position as Attorney General (he sucked!),” Trump wrote on his social media platform, Truth Social.

Vice Chair Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., gives her opening remarks as Committee Chairman Rep. Bennie Thompson, D-Miss., left, and Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill., look on, as the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol holds its first public hearing to reveal the findings of a year-long investigation, at the Capitol in Washington, Thursday, June 9, 2022. (AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite)
Takeaways from the prime-time January 6 committee hearing
While Trump seeks to downplay his daughter’s role in his administration at the time of the January 6, 2021, riots, Ivanka Trump did still accompany her father to rally at the White House Ellipse that preceded the US Capitol attack.

In the clip from her deposition aired Thursday night, Ivanka Trump was asked about her reaction when Barr said there was no widespread election fraud.

“It affected my perspective,” Ivanka Trump said. “I respect Attorney General Barr so I accepted what he was saying.”

Ivanka Trump met virtually with the committee in April for nearly eight hours, and CNN previously reported that she corroborated critical testimony from other witnesses who said the then-President was reluctant to try to call off the rioters despite being asked to do so.

“They kinda supported the fact that the President was told he had to do something to stop the January 6 insurrection. That he had to be public with it; he had to be direct,” Committee Chairman Bennie Thompson told CNN about the committee’s interviews with Ivanka Trump and her husband, Jared Kushner.

“So in that respect … we have been able to systematically, with our depositions and interviewing of other witnesses, we’ve been able to fill in a lot of the gaps,” Thompson said.

The committee also pointed to the closed-door deposition from Barr in which he said that Trump’s claims were “bullshit.” Barr, who resigned in December 2020, said part of the reason that he left the Trump administration was because of Trump’s false claims of fraud (although he did not cite that reason publicly at the time).

“I made clear that I did not agree with the idea of saying the election was stolen and putting out this stuff, which I told the President was bullshit,” Barr said in the video played by the committee on Thursday.
Old 06-10-2022, 04:54 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

This prime time bullshit was a fucking waste of time and money.

I don't really give a shit about 1/6 because for the most part it was complete BS. Fuck Pelosi and Cheney. Pelosi was told to call in the national guard and she ignored that. Her and her drunk ass DUI husband need to just retire and get the fuck out of Washington.

What I really give a shit about is high gas prices, inflation, crime and securing our southern boarder. That's what really affects most Americans. Sick and tired of all these sorry ass politicians.
Lov2fish (06-10-2022), Racehorse (06-10-2022)
Old 06-10-2022, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post

I don't really give a shit about 1/6 because for the most part it was complete BS. Fuck Pelosi and Cheney. Pelosi was told to call in the national guard and she ignored that. Her and her drunk ass DUI husband need to just retire and get the fuck out of Washington.

What I really give a shit about is high gas prices, inflation, crime and securing our southern boarder. That's what really affects most Americans. Sick and tired of all these sorry ass politicians.
Deflection with smoke and mirrors is all they have in D.C. This hearing is a shit show because they have no real solution to common everyday problems facing Americans. It's a prime time version of Trump impeachment 3.0 nothing more. A complete fucking waste of time, and money.

Last edited by Lov2fish; 06-10-2022 at 07:53 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lov2fish For This Useful Post:
Spike (06-10-2022)
Old 06-10-2022, 09:42 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
Deflection with smoke and mirrors is all they have in D.C. This hearing is a shit show because they have no real solution to common everyday problems facing Americans. It's a prime time version of Trump impeachment 3.0 nothing more. A complete fucking waste of time, and money.
This can lead to federal charges of sedition. Congress puts forth its evidence, the judiciary moves on charges.
Old 06-10-2022, 09:40 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post

Pelosi cant order the military to do anything. The president can, governors can order their national guards.

This was a trump shit show from start to finish, even his daughter agrees, there was no voter fraud
Old 06-11-2022, 03:10 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Pelosi cant order the military to do anything. The president can, governors can order their national guards.

This was a trump shit show from start to finish, even his daughter agrees, there was no voter fraud
Pelosi can get shit done if she wants to.

Trump shit show??? Biden is the shit show. I can't believe you continue to bitch about Trump, hell he's gone. But never a fucking word about how bad this administration has fucked all of us. You happy with inflation, crime, gas prices, lack of baby formula and allowing any fucking dick head crossing the boarder? Man, you really need to get your priorities in order. You appear to be like so many other leftists who have let Trump live rent free in their heads.

And no Biden, it is not Putin's fault. Russia has nothing to do with how well America is run. Nothing but fucking excuses and denials from your President.

Tell all of us now Jaff, what the fuck has Biden done that's been worth a shit for all of us hard working Americans? I'll wait because that's a question nobody can answer.

At least there is a glimmer of hope, Biden's approval rating is dropping like a fucking rock.

Last edited by Spike; 06-11-2022 at 03:13 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spike For This Useful Post:
Lov2fish (06-11-2022), Racehorse (06-11-2022)
Old 06-29-2022, 03:16 PM
Post whore

Default Analysis: Trump's election lie becomes a big problem for MAGA Media

Analysis: Trump's election lie becomes a big problem for MAGA Media

https://us.cnn.com/2022/06/22/media/...l?fr=operanews

Quote:
. Donald Trump's Big Lie is becoming a big problem for the media outlets that comprise his powerful propaganda arm.
On the same day that the former president's scheme to remain in power was further exposed at another January 6 Committee hearing, Fox and OAN suffered legal defeats in court related to their advancement of his election lies. And last week, on Thursday, Newsmax also suffered a legal loss.
So far, the right-wing media outlets that peddled Trump's false election narratives have had little luck winning in court against the voting tech companies suing them for billions of dollars. It is early in the process, of course. But the string of defeats these media outlets have suffered indicate that these lawsuits have some teeth to them.

The cases also point toward the fact that Trump's election lies will be litigated in court, through multiple cases, regardless of whether the Department of Justice pursues charges against him or not...

The Murdochs and "malice"

The most significant legal development on Tuesday was in regard to Fox. As Bloomberg's Erik Larson and Mike Leonard reported, a judge ruled that Fox Corporation, Fox News' parent company, can be sued by Dominion "because Rupert and Lachlan Murdoch may have acted with 'actual malice' in directing the network to broadcast conspiracy theories alleging the 2020 presidential election was rigged."
Enter your email to subscribe to the CNN Newsletter.close dialog

The story behind the story -- learn how news and pop culture get made with CNN's Reliable Sources newsletter.

In the decision, Delaware Superior Court Judge Eric M. Davis cited reports that Murdoch privately expressed he knew Trump lost the election. Davis also cited editorials in other Murdoch-run outlets, such as The Wall Street Journal and New York Post, that condemned Trump and encouraged him to accept defeat.

"These allegations support a reasonable inference that Rupert and Lachlan Murdoch either knew Dominion had not manipulated the election or at least recklessly disregarded the truth when they allegedly caused Fox News to propagate its claims about Dominion," Davis wrote. "Thus, Dominion has successfully brought home actual malice to the individuals at Fox Corporation who it claims to be responsible for the broadcasts."
The loss again raises the question as to whether Fox will try to settle the $1.6 billion lawsuit before it reaches the stage of discovery. And if it does attempt to settle, will Dominion allow it to do so? Or will the voting tech company, which has said it aims to clear its name through its lawsuits, want to see the case through?

>> Fox isn't commenting on the matter, though it has in the past defended its coverage and said it was "proud" of it. Bloomberg noted Fox's reps didn't respond to messages seeking comment. And when I checked in on Tuesday evening, I too didn't hear back...

OAN also loses in court
Meanwhile, the right-wing conspiracy channel OAN suffered a loss at the hands of a different voting tech company, Smartmatic. US District Judge Carl Nichols ruled against the media outlet on Tuesday, allowing Smartmatic's lawsuit to proceed, CNN's Tierney Sneed reported. OAN had sought a dismissal on grounds that Nichols' court didn't have jurisdiction. But Nichols rejected the argument...
>> OAN did not respond to my requests for comment on the matter..

"All because of lies"
BY AN PHUNG:
For years now, Trump's lies and unproven conspiracy theories have been front and center in most of the media coverage about him. Rarely do we get to see the other side — the human toll of his incessant lying. But in Tuesday's 1/6 hearing, Wandrea "Shaye" Moss and her mother Ruby Freeman "flipped the script," as Marshall Cohen, Jeremy Herb, and Zachary Cohen wrote in their recap.

The two election workers from Georgia provided troubling and tearful accounts of what it was like to be targeted by Trump and conspiracy theorists who accused them of manipulating ballots. Moss said she "gained about 60 pounds," stopped going out, and added that she "second-guess[ed] everything" that she did. "It's affected my life in a major way, in every way — all because of lies," she said. The extremely online crowd might have some idea of what it's like to be targeted in this way, but Moss and Freeman's testimony brought into sharp relief for a national TV audience what it's like to have your life turned upside down because of the former president's lies...

Who's watching?
BY BRIAN STELTER
After what Jake Tapper called an "upsetting and distressing day of testimony," full of personal stories from election officials and workers "whose lives were upended by Donald Trump, by his minions, by his mobs, and by his election lies," one had to wonder about the impacts on the intended audiences. Political junkies are paying attention, and DOJ lawyers, but many Republicans continue to argue that the Trump-aligned audience has tuned it out. Former Trump WH chief of staff Mick Mulvaney cited Tuesday's "compelling testimony" but said, "Judging by the ratings (and FB comments) people who need to see that aren't watching. If the Committee wants to change minds, they need to reach people who think Trump won. That doesn't seem to be happening."

Fox showed the hearing again, but moved on very quickly afterward. ‪"They're methodically laying out this case," Bret Baier said on Fox later in the day.‬ But his guest, Sen. Tim Scott, ‪said "I have not taken the time to watch the hearings. I feel like the best use of my time is fighting the inflationary effects." He called the hearing "made for TV" ‬and said (answering Baier's question) that if Trump is the 2024 nominee, "of course we support him.‬"

Last edited by JAFF; 06-29-2022 at 03:18 PM.
Old 06-29-2022, 05:01 PM
Post whore

You keep putting out shit from CNN Jaff. The most untrusted name in so called news. Brian Stelter??? The biggest lying, hypocritical clown there is.

CNN's ratings are going down the shit hole for good reason, people aren't watching their propaganda and lies anymore. How long did CNN+ last? 3 weeks?
CletusPyle (07-01-2022)