ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-26-2017, 05:28 PM

Thanked 4,293 Times in 1,758 Posts
Default quick thoughts another pagano meltdown

1) the only thing enjoyable about this game was that my kid was snuggled up next to me almost the entire game. every other part of this game is shit.

2) brissett was terrible. half or more of the sacks are a direct result of him holding the ball or not recognizing a blitz. or fucking sliding behind the line of scrimmage instead of throwing the ball away.

but really this isn't new. Luck does this shit too. it is terrible coaching. this team has not had a clue with handling the blitz the entire pagano tenure.

3) how bad is this oline? i don't even know anymore. i mean sure, they are bad but it doesn't matter who we put out there, they just have no idea how to handle a stunt or delayed blitz. this team is fundamentally terrible. they don't do basic things well. and i think that is almost entirely on the coaching.

4) this fanbase is atrocious. empty stadium and fans bitching because the weather is 50 degrees. this is nothing new. the colts fanbase is 2nd only to the jags as far as terrible fanbases go. colts fans are complete shit. not really even fans. but we all knew this.

5) pagano is comically bad. he is so bad it is a joke. the absolute worst head coach i have ever seen. not a single redeeming quality about that dude. blowout losses? yep. all the time. constantly unprepared? yep every game. complete meltdowns? every week. terrible penalties? all the time. stupid penalties? week in and week out. playing terrible players like tj green and morrison? sure. lets do it.

chuck pagano is the dumbest coach i have ever seen and should be fired right now. there is zero reason to keep him. fire chud while you are at it.

6) where you at ty? holy shit does this dude disappear.

7) doyle had a hell of a game

8) sheard had a great game to start. he has really picked up his play. forgot the edge when the titans were closing out the game. almost like the defense gave up. like the colts gave up. just like every other game this year.

9) Puck. seriously we should ban dam and apballin from posting until pagano is fired. i would like all people to weigh in on this. we have suffered enough. do we really need retards clapping in favor of the clapper after every sunday debacles?

10) blitz the colts. they can't handle it. for years this is the only gameplan you need to win. pagano has no clue about this.

11) we can't run the ball. we can't pass the ball. we can't block rushers. this offense is a disaster

12) morrison makes another insane horse collar tackle for no reason. just cut this dude

13) tj green has never made a good football play. why is he on the team

14) this defense has some good pieces. we can build from here. there is a foundation.

15) this team is an embarrassment. there is a ton of quit in this team. this is the worst coached team in the league other than maybe the browns.

16) i am tired of watching this team. i am tired of seeing pagano on the sidelines. i am tired of not being able to run the ball. i am tired of not being able to pass protect. i am tired of not being able to recognize a blitz.

this has to end. and it needs to end with pagano being fired tonight.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (11-26-2017), bertjones (11-27-2017), ChoppedWood (11-26-2017), Dewey 5 (11-26-2017), HoosierinFL (11-26-2017), Indiana V2 (11-26-2017), Indystu2 (11-27-2017), Racehorse (11-26-2017), Spike (11-26-2017), VeveJones007 (11-26-2017), YDFL Commish (11-26-2017)
Old 11-26-2017, 05:34 PM

Thanked 4,404 Times in 2,531 Posts

#9 for the win!
Mr. Session (11-26-2017)
Old 11-26-2017, 05:35 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

#4. A lot of people are boycotting due to pagfuck

#5. Philbin too. It is embarrassing how bad the Oline is
Racehorse (11-26-2017)
Old 11-26-2017, 05:36 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,808 Times in 2,679 Posts

Totally agree with all your points. The call to pitch the ball to Mack near our own goal line was a great example of shit coaching. Mack has had an issue with catching the ball and for some damn ass reason they decide to do it anyway. Fucking idiots.

Yes, Pagano and Chud should be fired ASAP.

I don't know if you ban someone for having opinions, no matter how retarded they are. To continue to defend a shit coach like Pagano is true insanity though.

Last edited by Spike; 11-26-2017 at 05:40 PM.
Old 11-26-2017, 05:39 PM

And more injuries.

Kelly, Melvin now. Great.

How many double digit leads does a coach have to blow before they get fired?

What are the "statistical" probabilities of a team being outscored in the 4th quarter week after week and blowing, what is it now, 7 second half leads this season?

I have no idea how anyone can continue to claim this is not on coaching primarily.

WHY ON EARTH do you run a pitch play to a rookie running back deep in your own territory in a tight game?

And yes, I have been saying for several weeks now, Brissett has problems beyond just a poor OL and pass rush in his face. How many times has he had a chance to make a game winning or tying drive and failed? Not all his fault, but until he shows he can make some 4th quarter plays, and to date he has made exactly zero of them, he remains back up quality only.

Its the same stuff each game though, over and over. Stupid penalties, turnovers, 4th quarter implosion, no OL. ON and on week after week

Oh well. One step closer to the top five pick
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-26-2017), Spike (11-26-2017)
Old 11-26-2017, 05:50 PM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Brisset has no idea how to read whether a blitz is coming. It's like he freaks out and takes a sack if just one guy comes who he's not expecting. It's been like that all season. That's partly on him and partly coaching. Coaches have to help him be better at recognizing things pre snap.

Morrison is good at one thing. Running straight ahead slowly and tackling. He can't shed a block and is hideous in coverage and tends to do hilariously bad things like the horse collar at the absolute worst time.

39 year old Delanie Walker ran right by Paganos prize pupil TJ Green for a long completion in the 1st half. That guy is an embarrassment.

Once again, a cornerback goes down and the most talented one we have, Wilson, is inactive, leaving Kenny Moore to get roasted repeatedly. Pure horseshit.

Pagano has got to go but I'm not convinced the damage he's caused can be fixed by next season. This team has no heart or fire of any kind. At the 1st sign of trouble(the Mack fumble), they just folded like origami. After that, Tennessee did whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted to do it.

It's almost to depressing to watch this team these days. Any bad scenario you can picture in your head, they can play out on the field.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
DrSpaceman (11-26-2017), Racehorse (11-26-2017), Spike (11-26-2017)
Old 11-26-2017, 05:53 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

They need to clean house top to bottom (Irsay too, probably). Get rid of Morrison and TJ Green. I'm not in favor of banning people, regardless of their stupidity. The fan base is what it is. The old die-hards were priced out years ago. It's not fun to watch anymore. I'm not sure why I still do. All of my hopes lay with Chris Ballard. I don't even have that much faith in Luck returning anymore. Still, go Colts.
Old 11-26-2017, 05:56 PM

Yes any time TJ Green is on the field is a coaching fail.

The game plan for beating the Colts is pretty simple, any casual fan can figure it out :

Blitz the hell out of Brissett

Run everything off tackle, not up the middle

Throw underneath and go guys out of the backfield, the LBers can't cover.

That's pretty much all you have to do. The Colts will fill in the rest with penalties and turnovers.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
Butter (11-26-2017), omahacolt (11-26-2017)
Old 11-26-2017, 05:58 PM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
They need to clean house top to bottom (Irsay too, probably). Get rid of Morrison and TJ Green. I'm not in favor of banning people, regardless of their stupidity. The fan base is what it is. The old die-hards were priced out years ago. It's not fun to watch anymore. I'm not sure why I still do. All of my hopes lay with Chris Ballard. I don't even have that much faith in Luck returning anymore. Still, go Colts.
I agree, people shouldn't be banned simply for their opinions.

I still have faith in Ballard. I still think he was forced into keeping Pagano by bad timing and Irsay.

I still have faith in Irsay, for that matter. He just got hoodwinked by a con artist snake in Pagano. Jimmy needs to get rid of Pags and let Ballard pick his own coach, then stand back and let them run the show.
Old 11-26-2017, 06:07 PM

Thanked 4,293 Times in 1,758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
I agree, people shouldn't be banned simply for their opinions.

I still have faith in Ballard. I still think he was forced into keeping Pagano by bad timing and Irsay.

I still have faith in Irsay, for that matter. He just got hoodwinked by a con artist snake in Pagano. Jimmy needs to get rid of Pags and let Ballard pick his own coach, then stand back and let them run the show.
I don't want to ban people for stupid opinions. But supporting pagano at this point would probably equal a holocaust denier. No need for those people