ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 03-18-2018, 08:37 AM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana V2 View Post
I've seen others on Twitter say the same thing, but I don't get that, I mean I'm sure Luck is okay for the season, but I don't see how trading down to 6 and accumulating more picks can be any indication of Luck's status.
If Luck is done, wouldn't you keep the #3 and pick a better QB than what you would get at 6? Especially when we traded to a team that will take one of the QBs off the board.
Spike (03-18-2018)
Old 03-18-2018, 09:12 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
I've seen others on Twitter say the same thing, but I don't get that, I mean I'm sure Luck is okay for the season, but I don't see how trading down to 6 and accumulating more picks can be any indication of Luck's status.
This is the most QB topheavy draft quite possibly ever. It's like the class of 83, but if every team in the top 5 of that draft needed a QB. If you don't think Luck is coming back, you don't trade out of the top 5 and miss out on a QB.
Old 03-18-2018, 01:14 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
If Luck is done, wouldn't you keep the #3 and pick a better QB than what you would get at 6? Especially when we traded to a team that will take one of the QBs off the board.
If Luck is done, and you know Brissett is serviceable, then you stick to the plan to build a TEAM through the draft by acquiring more picks. Ballard has often said the Colts are not about Andrew Luck, they're more than one player.
Old 03-18-2018, 01:31 PM

Quote:
If Luck is done, and you know Brissett is serviceable, then you stick to the plan to build a TEAM through the draft by acquiring more picks. Ballard has often said the Colts are not about Andrew Luck, they're more than one player.
Disagree.

If Luck is done you absolutely keep the #3 pick (and get who you can) and then deal Brissett for a 3rd (or whatever) in a desperate attempt to build as much as you possibly can around this new franchise QB.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coltsalr For This Useful Post:
nate505 (03-20-2018), Racehorse (03-18-2018)
Old 03-20-2018, 10:52 AM

The Jets gave up a lot to move from #6 to #3. Why? They need a QB and at #6, the QB pickings slim down considerably. The Colts made the deal getting the extra picks. Why? They don't need a QB, they need depth and if the first 5 picks are 1 RB and 4 QBs, they'll still get the man they seem to want the most.