ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-25-2018, 10:00 PM

Thanked 2,225 Times in 1,200 Posts

Why is Milton even on the team? He's easily the worst CB defender we have...so much so that he lost playing time to guys that have been cut.
Old 11-25-2018, 10:09 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Two best things for me.

1. We are going from a team that knows how to lose to a team that knows how
to win. Maybe not there yet but pretty darn close

2. If Quincy Wilson can continue his development and become a serviceable corner it would be a huge boon to this defense. Don't have faith that he is there yet but it sure is looking like it is starting to happen.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Pez (11-26-2018), Spike (11-26-2018), VeveJones007 (11-26-2018)
Old 11-25-2018, 10:09 PM

Thanked 4,284 Times in 1,751 Posts

if gbb doesnt mind i will add some thoughts here.

1) fuck that was a sloppy game. i was sitting there watching the game and all was good at first. d started out bad but overall i was happy. so i am sitting there throwing back some beers and the kid is at the table coloring or drawing or something. who fucking knows. the colts start fucking up and i start getting pissed.

about 10 minutes into the 2nd quarter the kid comes and sits in the recliner next to me to watch the game. she never does this. usually if she is around during the game i think it is good luck but today was not the day. she just sat there watching her dumbass videos on youtube while i struggled not to throw shit at the tv and cuss. thankfully she was there because i was losing my mind watching mistake after mistake.

anyway colts win, i didn't lose my temper too much and my tv was intact mainly because the kid for the first time this year sat with me while i watched a game. so win win. i guess.

2) Luck was a bit down but who cares. he was absolutely good enough to win. and he did.

3) our rb situation is good to problematic. depending on the week. Mack goes down like it is 2 hand touch. wilkins fumbles and hines gets the drops. but all of them, at times, ball out. that said, this is a game where this running game should have imposed their will. it didn't happen. thought hines had the best day of the backs

4) can we please coach our wr's to play smart ball when it comes to getting 1st downs. hilton early in the game stepped out when he could have gotten a 1st down. killed the drive. towards the end of the game, rodgers steps back instead of getting the easy 1st down. that shit is unacceptable.

5) as gbb said, kelly was missed. not that boehm was atrocious but he was missing blocks and the interior was just not as clean as it normally is. hopefully kelly is back next week but i do believe we can survive without him another week.

6) wtf desir? dude should have nightmares of that play until the day he dies.

7) shitty tackling again. we can't play a good zone d with shitty tackling. this doesn't seem to be a chronic issue. at times they tackle very well.

8) autry sucks. stop starting him. this d worked best with woods at nose and hunt at dt. why are they not doing this?

9) is hooker good? if you say yes, explain what he brings that any late round pick doesn't. dude makes pretty much zero plays for a top 15 pick.

10) where did turay go? is he hurt again. him and lewis need to step up.

11) the colts should send flowers to Adam Gase. he handed the colts the win. that was pagano level bad coaching. thanks bro

12) the pass from brissett to Luck was dumb. and a bad throw from brissett.

13) why does the dt drop in coverage multiple times a game? stop it

14) congrats to spike for winning the woody's elimator

15) this defense needs so much talent added to it. love the win but we have a long way to go

16) the colts are good enough to make the playoffs. without sitting on 60 plus million, we might be a contender this year. wasting years with Luck is retarded.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
bertjones (11-26-2018), Chaka (11-27-2018), Dewey 5 (11-25-2018), FatDT (11-25-2018), GoBigBlue88 (11-26-2018), Indiana V2 (11-25-2018), Pez (11-26-2018), Spike (11-26-2018), Thorgrim (11-25-2018)
Old 11-25-2018, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate505 View Post
* Malik Hooker's tackling, which is a red flag at this point.

So can anyone smarter than me explain if he's either just a bad player or if this scheme isn't using him to his advantages, which I thought was ball hawking.
he covers ok. but he has no instincts to help in the run.
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
nate505 (11-26-2018)
Old 11-25-2018, 10:30 PM

Thanked 1,240 Times in 695 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post

1) fuck that was a sloppy game. i was sitting there watching the game and all was good at first. d started out bad but overall i was happy. so i am sitting there throwing back some beers and the kid is at the table coloring or drawing or something. who fucking knows. the colts start fucking up and i start getting pissed.

about 10 minutes into the 2nd quarter the kid comes and sits in the recliner next to me to watch the game. she never does this. usually if she is around during the game i think it is good luck but today was not the day. she just sat there watching her dumbass videos on youtube while i struggled not to throw shit at the tv and cuss. thankfully she was there because i was losing my mind watching mistake after mistake.

anyway colts win, i didn't lose my temper too much and my tv was intact mainly because the kid for the first time this year sat with me while i watched a game. so win win. i guess.

2) Luck was a bit down but who cares. he was absolutely good enough to win. and he did.

3) our rb situation is good to problematic. depending on the week. Mack goes down like it is 2 hand touch. wilkins fumbles and hines gets the drops. but all of them, at times, ball out. that said, this is a game where this running game should have imposed their will. it didn't happen. thought hines had the best day of the backs

4) can we please coach our wr's to play smart ball when it comes to getting 1st downs. hilton early in the game stepped out when he could have gotten a 1st down. killed the drive. towards the end of the game, rodgers steps back instead of getting the easy 1st down. that shit is unacceptable.

5) as gbb said, kelly was missed. not that boehm was atrocious but he was missing blocks and the interior was just not as clean as it normally is. hopefully kelly is back next week but i do believe we can survive without him another week.

6) wtf desir? dude should have nightmares of that play until the day he dies.

7) shitty tackling again. we can't play a good zone d with shitty tackling. this doesn't seem to be a chronic issue. at times they tackle very well.

8) autry sucks. stop starting him. this d worked best with woods at nose and hunt at dt. why are they not doing this?

9) is hooker good? if you say yes, explain what he brings that any late round pick doesn't. dude makes pretty much zero plays for a top 15 pick.

10) where did turay go? is he hurt again. him and lewis need to step up.

11) the colts should send flowers to Adam Gase. he handed the colts the win. that was pagano level bad coaching. thanks bro

12) the pass from brissett to Luck was dumb. and a bad throw from brissett.

13) why does the dt drop in coverage multiple times a game? stop it

14) congrats to spike for winning the woody's elimator

15) this defense needs so much talent added to it. love the win but we have a long way to go

16) the colts are good enough to make the playoffs. without sitting on 60 plus million, we might be a contender this year. wasting years with Luck is retarded.
The kid is clearly the reason we nearly lost today. Next time she wants to bond during a game lock her in her room.
Old 11-25-2018, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgrim View Post
The kid is clearly the reason we nearly lost today. Next time she wants to bond during a game lock her in her room.
No joke I almost told her she needed to to get the fuck out of here

Last edited by omahacolt; 11-25-2018 at 10:37 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Pez (11-26-2018)
Old 11-25-2018, 10:34 PM

Thanked 1,240 Times in 695 Posts

Can’t agree more with 8 and 9. I used to think that Hooker was the victim of a bad scheme but he looks slow and seems to take bad angles as well.
Old 11-25-2018, 10:47 PM

Thanked 2,225 Times in 1,200 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
This one I agree with so much. Autry is a situational guy at best.
Old 11-25-2018, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
8. Sucked to see Wilkins fumble. Honestly, if he doesn't, I think Colts win going away. That clearly cost him trust, and fairly so. I hate that he just laid on the ground and watched the ball bounce too. Go make a play for it, dude! But mostly sucked because I wanted to see what he would do with more touches. I think he's still a good piece.
I agree. Although the Dolphins defense gashed our defense with no resistance on their first possession, wee did the same to the Fins defense on our first possession and got a stop on the Fins second possession. Point being, it looked like maybe our defense was settled in a bit with the home crowd behind them.

Then, on our second possession we hit two big plays including the Wilkins play. It looked like, up until that point at least, our offense was going to have one of those days where they were going to do pretty much whatever they wanted and would score 30+ points. Unfortunately the Wilkins play ended in a fumble and it felt like it just halted everything and turned the game into a very erratic one from the Colts side.

And, like you said, it eliminated Wilkins from the game and he was looking very good up until he fumbled.
Old 11-26-2018, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaynesWorld87 View Post
I agree. Although the Dolphins defense gashed our defense with no resistance on their first possession, wee did the same to the Fins defense on our first possession and got a stop on the Fins second possession. Point being, it looked like maybe our defense was settled in a bit with the home crowd behind them.

Then, on our second possession we hit two big plays including the Wilkins play. It looked like, up until that point at least, our offense was going to have one of those days where they were going to do pretty much whatever they wanted and would score 30+ points. Unfortunately the Wilkins play ended in a fumble and it felt like it just halted everything and turned the game into a very erratic one from the Colts side.

And, like you said, it eliminated Wilkins from the game and he was looking very good up until he fumbled.
generally I forgive the first 2 drives on defense. Just hope for field goals.

Teams spend a week targeting how to attack the defense. I assume they have a good 10 or so plays that are going to be pretty good