ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 08-27-2017, 11:31 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
And it still doesn't make Pagano completely blame-free, as you insist.
That was never a thing I even posited, let alone insisted. It's a nice start to see that people are blaming talent related outcomes on talent rather than coaching, though.
Old 08-27-2017, 11:42 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
I'm wrong and borderline retarded
Small adjustments can make all the difference. These are the types of things coaching can do. Things coaching cannot do include make up for huge talent gaps.
Old 08-27-2017, 02:29 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Small adjustments can make all the difference. These are the types of things coaching can do. Things coaching cannot do include make up for huge talent gaps.
what coaching can do is put that rookie qb ahead of morris on the depth chart. like a fucking moron. just like pagano would do and did.

you and apballin are the only ones that think pagano is good. are you comfortable with that company? you probably are because you are stupid
Old 08-27-2017, 04:25 PM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
That was never a thing I even posited, let alone insisted. It's a nice start to see that people are blaming talent related outcomes on talent rather than coaching, though.
Revisionist history on your part
Old 08-27-2017, 05:52 PM

Thanked 1,889 Times in 921 Posts

Quote:
You are goring your own ox here. When small adjustments are made, they can play with anyone, as evidenced by yesterday's game.

Problem is, these adjustments are rarely made, which is why they look like shit most of the time. That's awful coaching.

If it were purely a talent issue, they'd be like Cleveland and be awful every week.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (08-27-2017)
Old 08-27-2017, 06:11 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,124 Times in 638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
These first 3 preseason games have been classic Clappy. 2 games of looking like complete and total shit followed by 1 game where they look a little better. Like they're actually prepared for once.

A good coach has his team ready every week. Chucks never been able to pull that off. You never see the Cheatriots unprepared or sloppy, because Belichick is a good coach.

We will never go anywhere with Chuck in charge.
Why does everyone here compare coaches to the Patriots? Because other than the Patriots you just stated what every team in the NFL does it is a league of ups and downs, turnovers, and inches.

I'd say they were consistently good the 2nd half of the season other than Luck's stupid turnovers
Old 08-27-2017, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Talent is ultimately the biggest cause (and I've always agreed with that and said that this team sucked more because of a shit GM as opposed to a shit coach), but Pagano still has his share in the fact that he can't identify talent either himself (beat the desk for TJ Green, lulz) and can't develop talent when Grigson happened to stumble on it (Mario Addison, Lawrence Guy, etc).

Pagano sucks, as you refuse to admit.
Old 08-27-2017, 09:05 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
You are goring your own ox here. When small adjustments are made, they can play with anyone, as evidenced by yesterday's game.

Problem is, these adjustments are rarely made, which is why they look like shit most of the time. That's awful coaching.

If it were purely a talent issue, they'd be like Cleveland and be awful every week.
No, Cleveland is that bad because they don't have a QB. The Colts were Cleveland with a QB under Grigson. Hopefully Ballard will actually provide the requisite talent for a good defense. Things look good on that front so far.
Old 08-27-2017, 09:23 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
Talent is ultimately the biggest cause (and I've always agreed with that and said that this team sucked more because of a shit GM as opposed to a shit coach), but Pagano still has his share in the fact that he can't identify talent either himself (beat the desk for TJ Green, lulz) and can't develop talent when Grigson happened to stumble on it (Mario Addison, Lawrence Guy, etc).

Pagano sucks, as you refuse to admit.
Wow. Pagano was the one who made the decision to cut Guy when he was a prominent rotational backup? Also, Mario Addison was a Polian find who got signed off the practice squad. Not to mention pro bowlers Vontae Davis, Mike Adams, and Robert Mathis, turning Erik Walden into a passable player and Jerrell Freeman into a quality ILB (who was inexplicably let go for peanuts), turning a UDFA into a 6th round pick (because Grigson refused to keep him on the team), the list goes on. Talent development has not been the problem, it's been talent acquisition. That doesn't hold water as an argument against Pagano, he's developed and improved the talent he was given, Grigson was just so bad at identifying talent.
Old 08-27-2017, 09:29 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
what coaching can do is put that rookie qb ahead of morris on the depth chart. like a fucking moron. just like pagano would do and did.

you and apballin are the only ones that think pagano is good. are you comfortable with that company? you probably are because you are stupid
At this point I want Pagano to succeed because I want the Colts to succeed. But if he does end up fired, I'll be glad because everyone can move on to bitching about the next coach (which I'm sure will take no more than 5 games) while Pagano will, like Caldwell, take a coordinator role somewhere and eventually get offered a head job again and find success elsewhere.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
apballin (08-28-2017)