ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Everything Else > General Topics

Old 05-17-2017, 10:22 AM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Yeah. Clinton would've made a terrible president. Bad campaign, bad candidate. The incompetence and corruption of the Clintons and the Democratic party is largely what allowed Trump to win.

But that is irrelevant. Clinton is irrelevant. What is she even doing? Does anyone care? She's done. It doesn't matter what she would have or wouldn't have done, she lost.

What is relevant is Trump ****ing up everything he touches. Firing Comey to impede the Russia investigation, pressuring him to stop investigating Flynn, pressuring him to be "loyal", constantly lying and contradicting his own staff, giving up classified info to Russian officials AND their state-run media, the FUBAR'd attempt to repeal and replace the ACA, the failed Islamaban, the wall effort that is going nowhere, the ineffective love-taps against ISIS and Syria... I mean this is just off the top of my head in a couple seconds.

If you are a conservative, you should hate that he's screwed up so much and accomplished so little, with strong GOP control of the House and Senate. He's a fake conservative. He lied to you and is using your money and support to make himself and his family richer while his administration incompetently serves some fractured and unclear agenda. And it is probably fractured and unclear because while he is cunning, he is not intelligent. He's a blundering moron. The country can't continue even a single term with him as President. He makes our nation a weak target and is incapable of leading us anywhere but into the ground.

Being President is hard. Being rich and loud and unpredictable isn't the right skillset for it. Acknowledging that and acknowledging the country picked a bad candidate (assuming they even did) doesn't mean you are in danger of becoming a liberal. It's just facing reality.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FatDT For This Useful Post:
Lov2fish (05-17-2017), omahacolt (05-19-2017), rcubed (05-17-2017)
Old 05-17-2017, 10:43 AM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
Being President is hard. Being rich and loud and unpredictable isn't the right skillset for it. Acknowledging that and acknowledging the country picked a bad candidate (assuming they even did) doesn't mean you are in danger of becoming a liberal. It's just facing reality.
Exactly. Now isn't the time to double down on the GOP's mistake. Or cast false equivalencies. Or deflect. Or stick your head in the sand.

Now is the time for Conservatives to really reflect and say "wow, we fucked up, our party is dangerously close to devolution into a complete monster ... we'd better work to own up to what's wrong and reclaim our party and its core values from those who hijacked them while we still can".
Old 05-17-2017, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
Exactly. Now isn't the time to double down on the GOP's mistake. Or cast false equivalencies. Or deflect. Or stick your head in the sand.

Now is the time for Conservatives to really reflect and say "wow, we fucked up, our party is dangerously close to devolution into a complete monster ... we'd better work to own up to what's wrong and reclaim our party and its core values from those who hijacked them while we still can".
Something we agree on outside of football. Just cause I despise Hillary doesn't mean I support Trump. I said a lot before the election I hope he wins just to watch liberals implode and declare the rapture is here. Well, that sarcasm had a toll to pay for it. I don't support either party. I fall somewhere between Libertarian and Anarchist.
Racehorse (05-18-2017)
Old 05-17-2017, 09:41 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
The Trump supporters here have been super quiet lately.
Obstruction of justice and TREASON are difficult to defend.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:32 AM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

This ship is sinking quickly. Trump and his staff (including Pence?!) knew about Flynn being investigated as a foreign paid agent, and they still made him the National Security Advisor. Meaning he'd have access to almost all classified documents and information.

There's a transcript and recording of multiple Republicans talking about how one of them thinks Trump is paid by Putin, and Paul Ryan shushing him.

Fox News has even confirmed the Comey Memo is real.

And former FBI Director Bob Mueller was appointed independent investigator into the Trump admin/Russia ties case. The White House and the Attorney General's office were not consulted or even notified until about 30 minutes before it went public.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:01 PM

I troll all the political pages on Facebook on slow days. It's hilarious seeing both parties melt down.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
I troll all the political pages on Facebook on slow days. It's hilarious seeing both parties melt down.
If your takeaway is that this is hilarious and fun, you are very much part of the problem.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:32 AM
Accidental Administrator

I optimistically think that a Trump administration meltdown will cause a centrist revolution...
Old 05-19-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
I optimistically think that a Trump administration meltdown will cause a centrist revolution...
I would have thought a year or so ago that Trump meltdown would generally force Americans to find more common ground (Dems realizing why they lost the election and what they've neglected in oversight, Republicans in realizing what the GOP should actually stand for vs what it's devolved into) and take a deeper look at representative government...

But now I actually feel the opposite. I feel like Trump supporters are more doubled-down than ever, and Democrats are more "all Republicans should be exiled" than ever.
Old 05-19-2017, 01:39 PM
Accidental Administrator

I don't even know where to start this post. I am a democrat (even though I hate most of them), have always voted democrat for president. It made me nearly ill to vote for Hillary Clinton. I don't want to exile republicans. If Hillary Clinton had got the nomination instead of Obama, I would have voted for McCain. If Mitch Daniels ran last year I would have voted in the republican primary for the first time ever.

There are not words in the English language that accurately capture my feelings about our government. Wait, the millenial milk toasts might have it when they say, "I... just... cant... even..."