ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 04-27-2018, 12:53 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts
Default DRAFT DAY 2 Thread

Who do you want?

I want see them add another OL Hernandez or Williams... Then go Defense with Landry
Old 04-27-2018, 12:55 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Lot of talent left for Day 2 (Minimum 3 of these guys or someone not listed will be ours)

EDGE - Harold Landry
EDGE - Lorenzo Carter
EDGE - Arden Key
DE - Rasheem Green
DE - Sam Hubbard
DE - Dashawn Hand
DT - Maurice Hurst
ILB - Malik Jefferson
ILB - Micah Kiser
ILB - Tegray Scales
S - Justin Reid
CB - Josh Jackson
CB - Carlton Davis
CB - Isaiah Oliver
RB - Derius Guice
RB - Kerryon Johnson
RB - Ronald Jones
RB - Nick Chubb
G - Will Hernandez
G/C - James Daniels
G/T - Conner Williams
OT - Orlando Brown
WR - Christian Kirk
WR - Deon Cain
WR - Courtland Sutton
WR - DJ Chark
TE - Mike Gesicki
Old 04-27-2018, 01:01 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty46953 View Post
Who do you want?

I want see them add another OL Hernandez or Williams... Then go Defense with Landry
basically my thoughts for 36 and 37. possibly hurst.
Old 04-27-2018, 01:05 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

36-Landry
37-Jefferson
49-Jackson or Oliver
67-Hurst or O’Neil
Old 04-27-2018, 01:08 PM

Landry
Hernandez
Jackson
Jefferson
Hurst

Some combination of these guys would be my preference. D and OL are really what I want to see though. No TE, WR, and no RB until at least round 4 IMO.
Old 04-27-2018, 01:51 PM
testcase448

not sure about this..especially the TE

https://nflmocks.com/2018/04/27/2018...off-2nd-round/

36RONALD JONES RB, USC
Adding Quenton Nelson gave the Colts offense so much more punch in an instant and serves to help Andrew Luck. Now what they need is a running back who can continue to make his life easier. Ronald Jones is a solid all-around back but is particularly adept as a receiver out of the backfield.

37. Indianapolis Colts (via NYJ)
37JOSHUA JACKSON CB, Iowa
Chris Ballard has a particular love for defensive backs that force heaps of turnovers. It was true with Charles Tillman in Chicago, Marcus Peters in Kansas City and Malik Hooker last year. So a corner like Joshua Jackson is going to appeal to him right away. A true ballhawk.

49. Indianapolis Colts
49DALLAS GOEDERT TE, South Dakota State
The Colts continue to make life easier for Andrew Luck. As yet they haven’t found a true playmaking tight end for him to use the past six years. That changes with the arrival of Dallas Goedert who has earned well-deserved comparisons to Travis Kelce.

Although the Eagles were pretty good at using multiple TEs

Last edited by testcase448; 04-27-2018 at 01:59 PM.
Old 04-27-2018, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by testcase448 View Post
I could live with this

https://nflmocks.com/2018/04/27/2018...off-2nd-round/

36RONALD JONES RB, USC
Adding Quenton Nelson gave the Colts offense so much more punch in an instant and serves to help Andrew Luck. Now what they need is a running back who can continue to make his life easier. Ronald Jones is a solid all-around back but is particularly adept as a receiver out of the backfield.

37. Indianapolis Colts (via NYJ)
37JOSHUA JACKSON CB, Iowa
Chris Ballard has a particular love for defensive backs that force heaps of turnovers. It was true with Charles Tillman in Chicago, Marcus Peters in Kansas City and Malik Hooker last year. So a corner like Joshua Jackson is going to appeal to him right away. A true ballhawk.
Jackson is a really good fit for this defense and I could see Ballard liking him. No way do I pick Jones over Landry, though. And no way do I take a TE at 49.
The Following User Says Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
rcubed (04-27-2018)
Old 04-27-2018, 01:59 PM

Ronald Jones is too similar to Marlon Mack in my opinion, i believe that Mack could be dynamic out of the backfield. We need a between the tackles thumper, who can be had later in the draft. I would love to see the Colts take Chase Edmonds in the later rounds, or Bo Scarborough, to go along with Mack and the others. I think we actually have some pieces already in Matt Jones, Christine Michael and then the short yardage back in Turbin.

Receiver is a bigger need than RB. Running backs are almost exclusively by committee these days and there is little value in having a No. 1 back these days.
The Following User Says Thank You to ukcolt For This Useful Post:
VeveJones007 (04-27-2018)
Old 04-27-2018, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcolt View Post
Ronald Jones is too similar to Marlon Mack in my opinion, i believe that Mack could be dynamic out of the backfield. We need a between the tackles thumper, who can be had later in the draft. I would love to see the Colts take Chase Edmonds in the later rounds, or Bo Scarborough, to go along with Mack and the others. I think we actually have some pieces already in Matt Jones, Christine Michael and then the short yardage back in Turbin.

Receiver is a bigger need than RB. Running backs are almost exclusively by committee these days and there is little value in having a No. 1 back these days.
Yep. As I've said a few times, I see Sutton as a Ballard target early in Round 2. By no means would it be a bad pick, but I think there will be defenders I would prioritize over him. Maybe he falls to 47.
Old 04-27-2018, 02:09 PM
testcase448

a different take...
https://nflmocks.com/2018/04/27/2018...t-still-board/

Still a RB and DB, but then DL

4 (36). Indianapolis Colts: Derrius Guice, RB, LSU

The Colts went with Quenton Nelson in the first round. They invested in Andrew Luck then, and they do it again here by getting him a bell-cow running back to pair with the flashy Marlon Mack.

5 (37). Indianapolis Colts (f/NYJ): Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa

Making back-to-back picks, the Colts dip into the defensive side of the ball for first time and get the ball-hawking corner Josh Jackson, who led the nation in 2017 with eight picks.

17 (49). Indianapolis Colts (f/NYJ via SEA): Tim Settle, DL, Virginia Tech

The Colts decided to move on from Johnathan Hankins, who was a really good run defender for them last year. They replace him with a young player in Tim Settle who can clog up the middle of that defense.