ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 09-18-2017, 07:10 AM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitekrazy View Post
Yep. Move up in the draft and start with new coaching. I don't see Luck saving this season and 8-8 goes nowhere. Might as well tank for a better pick and have a healthier Luck for 2018.
I hate that idea. I want my team to try to win every game. Tanking is a culture killer.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:30 AM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
I hate that idea. I want my team to try to win every game. Tanking is a culture killer.
Pagano already killed the culture here. Grigson too. Whatever gets Pagano away from this team is what will allow Ballard and the new coach to install a new culture. Hopefully a winning one.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:36 AM

Thanked 1,189 Times in 523 Posts

I don't think that team management is going to intentionally "tank" the season by telling the guys to intentionally play bad. That IS a culture killer.

But, seriously, making sure that Luck, Kelly and Davis don't "rush" back from injury will probably do it. Put that together with a push to play rookies and younger guys to "gain experience" and those 2 factors will probably lead the Colts to a massively losing record in the first half of the season.

Starting 0-8 or 1-7 or 2-6 with those three guys returning at mid-season and then working to gel the secondary, O-Line and QB position in the 2nd half of the season probably leads us to a losing record, higher draft pick and Clappy McWoodchopper being fired along with the young guys getting playing experience.

Walk Worthy,