ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-16-2023, 02:26 PM

Thanked 2,253 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
We haven't run anything from under center at all, have we? It'd be a shift in Steichen's playbook and I don't know what Minshew's history under center is.

Seems like with Minshew's skillset, he could benefit the effect that under center play-action has on second level defenders (freezing LB's a bit longer, etc.).
Maybe a QB sneak with Richardson in week 1. But, other than that I haven't seen it. To me...it's a shame if you don't at least have it in your playbook.
Old 10-16-2023, 04:44 PM

Thanked 1,899 Times in 926 Posts

I suspected they were getting a bit big for their britches and that Jax would smack them around a bit.

They’ve been winning because teams had no idea how to play Richardson. Which pretty emphatically speaks to how good he’s been.

Now that AR is out of the equation, it’s pretty easy to beat Minshew. Focus on the short and intermediate stuff and the run. He’s not going to beat anyone deep.
Old 10-16-2023, 05:13 PM

Thanked 2,253 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
I suspected they were getting a bit big for their britches and that Jax would smack them around a bit.

They’ve been winning because teams had no idea how to play Richardson. Which pretty emphatically speaks to how good he’s been.

Now that AR is out of the equation, it’s pretty easy to beat Minshew. Focus on the short and intermediate stuff and the run. He’s not going to beat anyone deep.
Throwing deep isn't all about arm strength. It's more so about timing and practice. Jim McMahon didn't have arm strength, but he was a great deep ball thrower. Same goes for Tarkenton, Manning, Brady etc.

Minshew doesn't scare with running ability or to make tight window throws.
Old 10-16-2023, 06:23 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

One of the few bright spots today was the fact that our kicker (Matt Gay) continued to show that he is very good ...... he booted a 56-yard FG just before halftime, and is 11-for-12 on the season for 3-pointers.

o
Another bright spot for me was Juju… he keeps getting better and he played tough. Ridley had nowhere near the game he did the first matchup
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (10-16-2023), Racehorse (10-16-2023)
Old 10-16-2023, 07:48 PM

Thanked 1,899 Times in 926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Throwing deep isn't all about arm strength. It's more so about timing and practice. Jim McMahon didn't have arm strength, but he was a great deep ball thrower. Same goes for Tarkenton, Manning, Brady etc.

Minshew doesn't scare with running ability or to make tight window throws.
It’s not just arm strength, Minshew doesn’t look to go deep.
Old 10-16-2023, 11:07 PM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
It’s not just arm strength, Minshew doesn’t look to go deep.
Right. It wasn't until late in the game that he started firing some downfield. So he can do it, he just doesn't seem comfortable at all doing it.

And do you notice he does this thing... the fade away while the routes develop? We saw it in Baltimore, too. He doesn't seem like he wants to maneuver in the pocket, step up, set feet and throw.

Maybe I'm hung up on a few plays that stuck with me.
Old 10-17-2023, 06:36 PM

Thanked 1,324 Times in 748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
Ehlinger can do some of Steichen's AR run-designs that Minshew can't... but that's the only advantage.
Might not be a bad idea to bring Ehlinger in for red zone snaps in a game if we're struggling to get in the end zone during a game(s).
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
BCN#1 (10-18-2023)