ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-23-2022, 11:25 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts
Default Groundhog Day

I am having a difficult time giving a crap about this team, getting any sort of enthusiasm at all, because in large part this is just a repeat over and over and over of he last years of this team. Oh other things bother me, maybe the top thing is how in the hell does Isiah Rogers NEVER see the field. But the thing that has me just not caring is that I have seen and heard this same shit for so many years in a row. Even if they were to beat the Chiefs it wouldn't matter. We have done that kind of shit before, almost every year in fact. I firmly believe that we will find a way to screw the pooch big time no matter what. It is our DNA. I see zero hope for several years, we first have to get rid of this Ballard/Reich regime-that will take Irsay years to do and Irsay's track record for hiring new good talent sucks (Polian was a known proven quantity, that will not happen again). Then there is the whole way this roster is currently constructed, we have no room to maneuver as we have paid our good players, like Ballard said he would, who immediately after getting paid have shit the bed (nice job of getting high quality players-you know how we love them captains and good ole church goers). When Ballard first got here he made it very clear we had no talent on this team. Years later we are still losing to bottom feeders, show no heart and seem no closer to being a decent team yet we are supposedly so close Reich can taste it. Like every year. Am I alone in feeling this way? I wish I didn't. Hopefully I am missing a giant piece and you Freaks can educate me and I get get my hopes to the place where they will be dashed again.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
BCN#1 (09-24-2022), Brylok (09-23-2022), CanuckColt (09-24-2022), ChoppedWood (09-23-2022), CletusPyle (09-23-2022), Hoopsdoc (09-23-2022), IndyNorm (09-23-2022), Ironshaft (09-23-2022), njcoltfan (09-23-2022)
Old 09-23-2022, 11:43 AM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Pretty much how I feel. I fully expect a blowout loss on Sunday, mainly because I think the defense is a lot worse this year than it was last year and there’s no way in hell they’re stopping Mahomes. I expect the offense to be better but KC is liable to score 50.

I’d be happy with a 10 point loss but even then you’re right that this group isn’t going anywhere.

For all the talent they have, they have zero heart and zero stomach. They have no leadership, no fire, starting with the head coach.

It’s just really depressing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
omahacolt (09-23-2022)
Old 09-23-2022, 11:54 AM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

you are not alone. I feel something close to this and its disappointing.
Old 09-23-2022, 12:41 PM

Thanked 1,995 Times in 1,137 Posts

Aligned with this completely. We will not go anywhere with Frank leading this team. There will be a few peaks, but it will mostly be a static line and that line will be mediocrity. That's why I say rip the band aid off now and begin the process of transitioning the mind set of this team, get rid of this acceptance of suck. I would much rather suck bad short term as we try to reshape things and feel like there is hope than feel like there's a glass ceiling that cannot be busted.

These type of posts should scare the shit out of Jim Irsay, this is apathy at its worst. This is how home games become filled with Jags and Titans Zooba's goofeys because fans just conceded there is no enjoyment so might was well make some money instead of attending. That's where this is headed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (09-23-2022), njcoltfan (09-23-2022)
Old 09-23-2022, 12:57 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,039 Times in 1,866 Posts

Nah, you're definitely not alone brother. I'll watch the game Sunday, but I'm not looking forward to it at all.
Old 09-23-2022, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
I am having a difficult time giving a crap about this team, getting any sort of enthusiasm at all, because in large part this is just a repeat over and over and over of he last years of this team. Oh other things bother me, maybe the top thing is how in the hell does Isiah Rogers NEVER see the field. But the thing that has me just not caring is that I have seen and heard this same shit for so many years in a row. Even if they were to beat the Chiefs it wouldn't matter. We have done that kind of shit before, almost every year in fact. I firmly believe that we will find a way to screw the pooch big time no matter what. It is our DNA. I see zero hope for several years, we first have to get rid of this Ballard/Reich regime-that will take Irsay years to do and Irsay's track record for hiring new good talent sucks (Polian was a known proven quantity, that will not happen again). Then there is the whole way this roster is currently constructed, we have no room to maneuver as we have paid our good players, like Ballard said he would, who immediately after getting paid have shit the bed (nice job of getting high quality players-you know how we love them captains and good ole church goers). When Ballard first got here he made it very clear we had no talent on this team. Years later we are still losing to bottom feeders, show no heart and seem no closer to being a decent team yet we are supposedly so close Reich can taste it. Like every year. Am I alone in feeling this way? I wish I didn't. Hopefully I am missing a giant piece and you Freaks can educate me and I get get my hopes to the place where they will be dashed again.
I agree !! Until Ballard does SOMETHING about moving up in the draft or making a deal to acquire a franchise QB this is the shit us Colt fans will have to put up with year after year, and when he finally drafts, acquires someone, than the 5 year rebuild starts !! I sometimes wonder if Luck ever thinks about how he REALLY SCREWED this organization over !!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to njcoltfan For This Useful Post:
BCN#1 (09-24-2022), CletusPyle (09-23-2022), Dewey 5 (09-23-2022), dwilli57 (09-23-2022)
Old 09-23-2022, 01:17 PM

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,557 Posts

I definitely understand your frustration. Colts fans are not whiners, we have been extremely patient. Did we get spoiled with winning during the Peyton Manning era? Of course we did, but there was also a lot of disappointment during those years in the post season. I never felt like Colts had the success that they should have had with so many great teams.

Enter Andrew Luck and again we had some success but more disappointment and the Luck era teams never were quite good enough to get over the hump. They were very good at times, but never what I would consider elite. And now, what are the odds that we land a 3rd elite QB to make another Super Bowl run? Personally, I would love to see a hard nosed, tough, physically dominating Colts defensive team. But we have never really had that here, not sure our management has ever wanted it.

I think Irsay is an offensive minded owner, he likes offenses that score a lot of points, I'm not sure he would encourage his GM to build a defensive minded team. When you don't have an elite franchise QB in my opinion you best option is to load up on defense, Get the best defensive coach you can afford and bring in some really tough, aggressive, strong men with an attitude and become as dominate defensively as possible. Compliment that with an adequate offense, that can control the ball and score 20 points a game and you can win it all.
Old 09-23-2022, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
Nah, you're definitely not alone brother. I'll watch the game Sunday, but I'm not looking forward to it at all.
oh, I will keep watching, I am just no longer expecting anything.
Old 09-23-2022, 02:09 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,039 Times in 1,866 Posts

Holder reported that Leonard and Rainman are both OUT this week.
0-2-1 incoming
Old 09-23-2022, 02:51 PM

Didnt leonard say "I feel better than I've felt since 2018" during camp?

fuck off, darius.