ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 03-06-2021, 06:04 PM

Thanked 2,220 Times in 1,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Azeez Ojulari would be great for that if Trent Williams was signed or the Colts are comfortable with a 2nd round OT like Liam Eichenberg.

Expect Robinson to get tagged.

Shaq Barrett is going to get (over)PAID by some team, I hope it's not the Colts. I'd spend my cap dollars on Yannick Ngakoue, Bud Dupree, Carl Lawson, and/or Romeo Okwara were I pursuing pass rushers in FA.
Liam Eichenberg in the 2nd would be an awesome addition. I could definitely see the Colts going that way. That would me we could get top Edge, CB, WR or TE in the 1st.
Old 03-07-2021, 10:52 AM

Thanked 4,281 Times in 1,750 Posts

i think we should

1) bring back hilton. i don't think he will be that pricey

2) sign a pass rusher. lawson or that dude from the lions

3) mid range vet tackle. draft lt in 1st or 2nd

4) hopefully get rhodes but be prepared to let him walk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (03-07-2021), YDFL Commish (03-07-2021)
Old 03-07-2021, 11:45 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,604 Times in 931 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
i think we should

1) bring back hilton. i don't think he will be that pricey

2) sign a pass rusher. lawson or that dude from the lions

3) mid range vet tackle. draft lt in 1st or 2nd

4) hopefully get rhodes but be prepared to let him walk
1) Hilton can stay or go. WR is once again pretty deep in this class, similar to last year when the Bills got Gabriel Davis in the 4th. I'd draft one and hope Parris Campbell's freak injury luck has run out.

2) There are 3 DEs to replace. I'd sign at least two (even if one is a resign). It might even be best to sign 3 given the current market and a not incredibly strong DE class.

3) Not sure what you mean by "mid range vet tackle", but I'm guessing you mean Alejandro Villanueva or Russell Okung. If the Colts are going stopgap, I'd prefer Trent Williams, but either way spending a 1 or 2 on a OT in a deep OT class would be smart.

4) I would expect the Colts to do something at CB in free agency, whether it's bring back Rhodes or sign another vet. My guess is Rhodes comes back or follows Gannon to Philly. If it's the latter, I'd expect the Colts to go after another guy like Rhodes was last season, maybe Patrick Peterson, Jason Verrett, or Ronald Darby. I hope they go after Shaq Griffin, but I think that's unlikely.

I think we'll learn a lot about the Colts draft strategy by what they do in free agency.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
Spike (03-07-2021)
Old 03-07-2021, 04:22 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,598 Times in 2,015 Posts

https://www.nfl.com/news/top-101-nfl...yers-available

Top 101 FA
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
smitty46953 (03-07-2021), Spike (03-07-2021)
Old 03-07-2021, 05:26 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Great list, my only issue is that I would have ranked many of those players differently.
Old 03-07-2021, 05:58 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
1) Hilton can stay or go. WR is once again pretty deep in this class, similar to last year when the Bills got Gabriel Davis in the 4th. I'd draft one and hope Parris Campbell's freak injury luck has run out.

2) There are 3 DEs to replace. I'd sign at least two (even if one is a resign). It might even be best to sign 3 given the current market and a not incredibly strong DE class.

3) Not sure what you mean by "mid range vet tackle", but I'm guessing you mean Alejandro Villanueva or Russell Okung. If the Colts are going stopgap, I'd prefer Trent Williams, but either way spending a 1 or 2 on a OT in a deep OT class would be smart.

4) I would expect the Colts to do something at CB in free agency, whether it's bring back Rhodes or sign another vet. My guess is Rhodes comes back or follows Gannon to Philly. If it's the latter, I'd expect the Colts to go after another guy like Rhodes was last season, maybe Patrick Peterson, Jason Verrett, or Ronald Darby. I hope they go after Shaq Griffin, but I think that's unlikely.

I think we'll learn a lot about the Colts draft strategy by what they do in free agency.
I like Williams too, but damn, how much is he going to cost?
Old 03-07-2021, 06:33 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
A lot. What difference does it make? The Colts need a LT, I doubt the can find one at the Dollar General. I havent a clue about Ballards value system on players, but he does have a good running game and a LT will go along way in protecting a QB.

And Tampa Bay proves what we already know. Protect your QB and knock down the opposition QB. The Colts need DEs. I would bet that WRs and LBs will be sacrificed to sign or draft replacements.
Old 03-07-2021, 06:38 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
A lot. What difference does it make? The Colts need a LT, I doubt the can find one at the Dollar General. I havent a clue about Ballards value system on players, but he does have a good running game and a LT will go along way in protecting a QB.

And Tampa Bay proves what we already know. Protect your QB and knock down the opposition QB. The Colts need DEs. I would bet that WRs and LBs will be sacrificed to sign or draft replacements.
It makes a hell of a lot of difference. We have studs we have to pay in the next year or two. We have more than a few holes to fill this year. As much as I like Williams, we can't pay the mother fucker as much as he is projected to ask for.
Butter (03-07-2021), Racehorse (03-07-2021)
Old 03-07-2021, 07:24 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,604 Times in 931 Posts

Quote:
Probably just about what Castanzo would've cost, $16 million in 2021 and a lot more in 2022. I'd sign him and draft someone like Liam Eichenberg or Jalen Mayfield in Round 2 to be groomed for the role and provide stability and depth on the OL in the short term.
Old 03-07-2021, 07:24 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
It makes a hell of a lot of difference. We have studs we have to pay in the next year or two. We have more than a few holes to fill this year. As much as I like Williams, we can't pay the mother fucker as much as he is projected to ask for.
https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...es/6877027002/

1. Its all funny money. IF the fans can be back, the cap will jump. You wanna win, its going to cost you

2. Every team has the same problems

3. Its not your money. Its Jim’ and he has never been cheap.