ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 04-02-2019, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
Since this is a nostalgia thread I am wondering if the old time Colts fans from the Baltimore days might be able to answer this : In 1967 and 1968 combined they were 24-2-2, an amazing record, though they lost the SB after 68 and seems they were kind of screwed over on a tiebreaker in 1967 with the Rams based on points scored. One season later after going a mediocre but respectable 8-5-1 he goes to Miami.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/clt/
In 1967 the Colts and Rams tied for first in the Coastal Division with an 11-1-2 record. Rams won the tie-breaker due to head-to-head games. Rams won one, the other was a tie. There was no wild card set up so despite being tied for the best record in the league the Colts didn't go to the playoffs. I was 11 years old. I cried.
Old 04-03-2019, 10:13 PM

Thanked 1,550 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
You're right about him being solid. Great third down back. But compared to Shula I would say it is a trade the Colts lost. JAFF what is no not really? Did I get the facts wrong (a distinct possibility) or did you thing I undervalued McCauley.
Oh, you are absolutely right that the Dolphins got far the better of that. Shula stays in Baltimore, Indy may not even have a team, who knows. Yeah, getting Shula made Miami.

I just saw Don McC's name and got excited. Plus, he's a UNC legend, and I work in Chapel Hill.
Old 04-03-2019, 10:15 PM

Thanked 1,550 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
This is my "big idea" moneymaker I wish someone would come up with :
Sportsflix

It would be Netflix for sports. All the old NFL, NBA, college games available to those who want to watch them

I don't claim to know sports law or entertainment law, or the technology of the process, well enough to say how it should or could be done, but would love it if such a thing existed.

I guess you could throw in MLB too if you want. I would never watch that though

For the NFL games they could even do the shortened version, cut them down to 30 minutes like they do now for NFL Replay.
Love this. Add the NHL, Golf, and NASCAR, and it'd likely be a moneymaker. I'd love to re-watch some Edmonton Oiler games from the early Gretzky years. And anything with Bobby Orr.
Old 04-04-2019, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMugwump View Post
Love this. Add the NHL, Golf, and NASCAR, and it'd likely be a moneymaker. I'd love to re-watch some Edmonton Oiler games from the early Gretzky years. And anything with Bobby Orr.
Sounds like it'd be a good idea, but unless they included everything available in the entire sports world it would likely fall short and end up being like ESPN Classic where it's always the same few NBA games, the same few NASCAR races, and the same few NFL games that have all been aired countless times before.