ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2018, 04:34 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,642 Times in 951 Posts
Default Scouting Reports

I've decided that I'm going to post scouting reports of the draft prospects I watch video on. If you don't care or don't want to read it, now is a great time to go to another thread. I'm only going to be doing players I watch and only as I have time. If I put player comps, they are based on upside of the player (90th or greater percentile development outcome). If there are requests, I will try to do those. I will also try to post one on each player the Colts actually draft between the draft and the start of training camp (though that may not be possible depending on the amount of film available on each player). Without further ado:

Bradley Chubb DE/OLB NCSU

Strengths: Can take over and dominate a game defensively, effectively neutralizing aspects of an opposing offense (see: @ FSU 2017). Strong at the point of attack and rarely gives ground. Plays assignments well and can be highly effective against the run, at times generating tackles for loss or forcing the runner into a negative play. Relentless, high motor player who does not give up on plays. Often see him chasing a runner down coming from opposite of play side of formation. Bends the edge well and has the explosion off the line to get to and around the tackle's outside shoulder. Pass rush technique is already highly developed with excellent swim and rip moves and handfighting skills. Also often sets up tackles who are trying to quickly jump outside to prevent him from bending the edge by crossing them up and getting by on the inside shoulder to create a more direct route to the QB, which is to me his most effective (signature?) pass rush maneuver. Executes stunts well and can offer interior pass rush pressure in this way, rarely having any issue beating interior lineman at the point of attack. Could potentially be effective as the UT in a obvious passing down 3 DE rush set.

Weaknesses: While not a liability in space, is not very fluid and should not be asked to drop into coverage often. Does not get hands up in pass game when effectively blocked. Quicker tackles in NFL may be more effective against him. Lacks elite speed and will not be able to run down the most athletic QBs and RBs when they reach their top gear. Can disappear for stretches, especially when offensive gameplan focuses on neutralizing him with chips, doubles, etc. Bull rush is not as developed as other pass rush moves, and he could learn new moves and better leverage techniques to be more effective as a rusher.

Other: Overall profile seems best suited to 4-3 DE, but could transition to 3-4 DE if necessary. Does not seem suited for 3-4 OLB position, but could be effective there if necessary.

Player Comparison: Jared Allen
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
daedge (02-28-2018), Dewey 5 (02-25-2018), GoBigBlue88 (02-25-2018), Indiana V2 (02-24-2018), Indystu2 (02-27-2018), Puck (02-24-2018), Racehorse (02-25-2018), sherck (02-24-2018), smitty46953 (02-24-2018), YDFL Commish (02-25-2018)