ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-18-2020, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckColt View Post
If Brissett starts next season, I am not following the Colts next year...and I have followed them since 1958...and there may be others.
What do you mean not following? Not attending the games? Not caring if they win or lose? Not watching the games on TV? Just what kind of fan are you?
Racehorse (01-18-2020)
Old 01-18-2020, 09:35 AM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
Do you think Fromm can be a true franchise guy or just better than JB?
Do you magically know who will be a franchise guy? There is no automatic pick that is 100% guarantee. Every year there are QBs picked in the Top 10 that dont become Franchise guys...... on the flipside there are a lot of QBs not even picked in the first round..... that no fucking body thought they were franchise guys who went on to win Superbowls.

Ballard will have to hit on somebody obviously and I'm sure he knows Brissett isnt gonna get the job done.
The Following User Says Thank You to Luck4Reich For This Useful Post:
Coltsfever (01-18-2020)
Old 01-18-2020, 09:55 AM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Maybe, a franchise guy, but probably not. Same can be said for anyone else in the draft except the guys that are way too expensive.

I think we should stay conservative, keep building the team and let fromm and brissett compete for the starting job.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
Old 01-18-2020, 10:06 AM

Half of the Superbowls have been won by a QB Not drafted in the first round. So drafting a guy in the first round guarantees nothing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luck4Reich For This Useful Post:
Coltsfever (01-18-2020), Pez (01-19-2020)
Old 01-18-2020, 11:08 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck4Reich View Post
Half of the Superbowls have been won by a QB Not drafted in the first round. So drafting a guy in the first round guarantees nothing.
It guarantees nothing. But since there are 7 rounds and fully half of the Super Bowl quarterbacks come from the first round your odds are a hell of a lot better with a first round quarterback. And one guy from NE screws up the odds big time.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Ironshaft (02-21-2020), rcubed (01-19-2020), smitty46953 (01-18-2020)
Old 01-18-2020, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
It guarantees nothing. But since there are 7 rounds and fully half of the Super Bowl quarterbacks come from the first round your odds are a hell of a lot better with a first round quarterback. And one guy from NE screws up the odds big time.
But then you have 1st round QBs Terry Bradshaw, Trent Dilfer and Jim Macmahon that won Superbowls only because they all played on the teams with the greatest defenses in the history of the NFL. That's 6 SBs that wash the 6 of Brady.

So we are back to square one... look I get it a QB in round one can help chances but not guarantee.

Bart Starr, Johnny Unitas, Kurt Warner, Brett Favre, Russell Wilson, Joe Montana.... yep none of these SB winners picked in the first round.

Again.. hoping that Ballard can find us the right guy regardless of what round.... maybe he is bagging groceries somewhere.

Last edited by Luck4Reich; 01-18-2020 at 11:28 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Luck4Reich For This Useful Post:
Maniac (01-18-2020)
Old 01-18-2020, 11:34 AM

I'm playing Devil's advocate more than anything. If we all agreed on everything it wouldn't be any fun.

Love to see Joe Burrow on this team.
Old 01-18-2020, 12:04 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,676 Times in 2,055 Posts

Quote:
Fromm doesn’t throw downfield either. I don’t know if he will be much better. Until QB is fixed, everything else has to take a backseat. Otherwise we are the Bungles or Browns. Have some decent talent. It will eventually leave bc guys want to play for teams that win.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
rm1369 (01-18-2020)
Old 01-18-2020, 01:23 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

Quote:
But then you have 1st round QBs Terry Bradshaw, Trent Dilfer and Jim Macmahon that won Superbowls only because they all played on the teams with the greatest defenses in the history of the NFL. That's 6 SBs that wash the 6 of Brady.

So we are back to square one... look I get it a QB in round one can help chances but not guarantee.

Bart Starr, Johnny Unitas, Kurt Warner, Brett Favre, Russell Wilson, Joe Montana.... yep none of these SB winners picked in the first round.

Again.. hoping that Ballard can find us the right guy regardless of what round.... maybe he is bagging groceries somewhere.

Going to assume you are too young to have seen Bradshaw play. Ot sure why you would lump him into that argument. He was a good QB. Swann and Stallworth didn’t throw the ball to themselves. Yes their D was good but he was also SB MVP at least once. Won 4 Super Bowls in 6 yrs He gets a bad wrap
Old 01-18-2020, 01:58 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,676 Times in 2,055 Posts

Quote:
This is kind of misleading, especially with Brady skewing the numbers. But winning the SB is more than a QB, yet it is hard to win a SB without a decent QB. The odds of finding a franchise QB are best in the top 15 picks. Then in the first round. After that the odds start dropping dramatically. Everyone wants to remember Dak Prescott, no one wants to remember Cardale Jones. For everyone one of those hits there are 12 misses. Every round has misses, just the top half of the first has the least.

But other things should be considered. Do they have a good team around them? Did they get thrown to the fire or did they sit and learn first? Was it a good QB draft? A lot of factors figure into a QB’s success, not just his skill level and draft position. Teams may get a good QB but never win a SB, because you have to then put a team around that QB. Not every front office is good at that. Yet a good QB can cover up a lot of holes in a team and take you into the playoffs. You can win with decent QB play, but you have to be very strong in several other areas. We don’t even have average QB play, I think Brisset finished 26th, he is easy to scheme against and isn’t good enough to carry the passing game.

Just go back to ‘98 and see how many misses there are after the first.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/ful...?type=position

Last edited by Chromeburn; 01-18-2020 at 02:09 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Spike (01-18-2020)