ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-17-2022, 03:51 PM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
I’m definitely on board with the idea that Jackson does everything people say Hines can do. ANd he does it better because he actually breaks tackles. I can’t recall a single time I’ve seen Hines make a guy miss or run through an arm tackle.

On a pass play, Hines catches the ball and is immediately tackled, he never gets YAC. (And he sometimes drops passes). On run plays he never gets more than 1-2 yards before he’s down. He would not have scored that hard TD Jackson got. With Hines as the primary back last night, I guarantee we lose.

I”m of the opinion that in the offseason we can package Hines, Leonard, Kenny Moore, Odeyingbo (he’s a bust), and a 3rd round pick to get a high 1st round pick.

WHy Leonard? Even though he’s made numerous big plays, I think 1) he’s peaked and 2) the trio of Okereke, Franklin and Speed is a pretty good linebacker corps. I think this group would make great trade bait to a team that needs to upgrade their defense, like the Seahawks or Cardinals, both of which are likely to end up with a top 10 (or even top 5) pick.
I'm on the fence about Hines. I agree with Ed that if the staff can't figure out how to use him they are fscking idiots. Our staff has been trying to figure out how to use Hines (despite our gracious offers to help) for 3+ years. If our staff are fscking idiots, then, well, the shoe fits and Hines of zero or less value to this franchise, with zero Fault on Hines' part.

Odeyingbo has 1.5 sacks on the year, 0.5 behind stewart, 1 behind Ngakoue, 2 behind Paye and Buckner. I don't think we have a large enough sample size to say he is a bust yet.

Leonard played about 20 snaps before Franklin broke his nose. Moore has not been playing well, but he has a solid track record.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
The Following User Says Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (10-17-2022)