ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-16-2022, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
I was sincerely impressed with Deon Jackson today. He’s extremely limited but he plays with heart and tenacity. If there’s a crease, he usually finds it n
Yep.
Can we get rid of Hines now? or demote him down to inactive for games?
Jackson deserves to be RB2.
Hines just causes problems for our game-planning trying to figure out how to use him.
Old 10-16-2022, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckColt View Post
Yep.
Hines just causes problems for our game-planning trying to figure out how to use him.
You use him the same way you use Jackson.
Old 10-17-2022, 01:28 AM

Thanked 2,250 Times in 1,174 Posts

Quote:
Yep.
Well, that would be stupid.
Old 10-17-2022, 01:29 AM

Thanked 2,250 Times in 1,174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcoltfan View Post
You use him the same way you use Jackson.
As the primary back? That is Taylor's job when he is healthy.
The Following User Says Thank You to Butter For This Useful Post:
ChaosTheory (10-17-2022)
Old 10-17-2022, 04:09 AM

Definitely Paris’s coming out party. Let’s hope it builds confidence. I liked Gracon trying to get involved after last week even though he lost on a couple receptions. He might be the gem Frank wanted. Pitt is the real deal but I knew that 2 pt was no good from the get go. Pierce might end up being our best receiver in time. Teach, Reggie, teach!!!
Old 10-17-2022, 08:22 AM

Thanked 1,667 Times in 797 Posts

I’m definitely on board with the idea that Jackson does everything people say Hines can do. ANd he does it better because he actually breaks tackles. I can’t recall a single time I’ve seen Hines make a guy miss or run through an arm tackle.

On a pass play, Hines catches the ball and is immediately tackled, he never gets YAC. (And he sometimes drops passes). On run plays he never gets more than 1-2 yards before he’s down. He would not have scored that hard TD Jackson got. With Hines as the primary back last night, I guarantee we lose.

I”m of the opinion that in the offseason we can package Hines, Leonard, Kenny Moore, Odeyingbo (he’s a bust), and a 3rd round pick to get a high 1st round pick.

WHy Leonard? Even though he’s made numerous big plays, I think 1) he’s peaked and 2) the trio of Okereke, Franklin and Speed is a pretty good linebacker corps. I think this group would make great trade bait to a team that needs to upgrade their defense, like the Seahawks or Cardinals, both of which are likely to end up with a top 10 (or even top 5) pick.
Old 10-17-2022, 09:08 AM

Thanked 1,649 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
As the primary back? That is Taylor's job when he is healthy.
Yes. This is why I say I hope I don't see him much the rest of the way. I'm really glad to have him on the team, but him playing means Taylor is out, not Hines.

I haven't soured on Hines like some have. We've seen how dynamic he is. Before yesterday, nobody on this offense has had a chance to breathe.
Old 10-17-2022, 09:21 AM

Thanked 1,901 Times in 927 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
I’m definitely on board with the idea that Jackson does everything people say Hines can do. ANd he does it better because he actually breaks tackles. I can’t recall a single time I’ve seen Hines make a guy miss or run through an arm tackle.

On a pass play, Hines catches the ball and is immediately tackled, he never gets YAC. (And he sometimes drops passes). On run plays he never gets more than 1-2 yards before he’s down. He would not have scored that hard TD Jackson got. With Hines as the primary back last night, I guarantee we lose.

I”m of the opinion that in the offseason we can package Hines, Leonard, Kenny Moore, Odeyingbo (he’s a bust), and a 3rd round pick to get a high 1st round pick.

WHy Leonard? Even though he’s made numerous big plays, I think 1) he’s peaked and 2) the trio of Okereke, Franklin and Speed is a pretty good linebacker corps. I think this group would make great trade bait to a team that needs to upgrade their defense, like the Seahawks or Cardinals, both of which are likely to end up with a top 10 (or even top 5) pick.
Sorry, but that’s dumb. For about a million different reasons. Colts would be idiotic to do that.

That’s way to many good players for one draft pick, not even mentioning sending a third round pick as well.

And besides, no team would take that offer. Hines and Leonard both make pretty good money and Kenny Moore wants a new contract. Not a lot of teams that could even make that work.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (10-17-2022), YDFL Commish (10-17-2022)
Old 10-17-2022, 10:15 AM

Thanked 2,639 Times in 1,556 Posts

Excellent posts here in this thread....I'm not sure if it is the routes being run (taking too long to develop), Ryan holding the ball too long, or our receivers just not being quick off the snap and taking too long to get separation...yes the OL needs to protect better, but Ryan is holding the ball too long in many cases. It just seems like too many of our pass plays take too long to develop....you can get away with that when your QB is mobile like MaHomes or Josh Allen, but Ryan needs to dink and dunk more, when he does that he seems to find a rhythm and the offense is pretty effective!
Old 10-17-2022, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Yep.
I'm a fan of Hines, and if the current staff is having problems trying to figure out how to use him, they're fucking idiots.
Coltsalr (10-17-2022)