ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-12-2022, 10:03 PM

Thanked 1,329 Times in 751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
I tried to break it down. It looks like Pryor had 3 starts at RT, 1 at LG and 1 at RG in 2021.

I had forgotten that the "Human Turnstile" Julian Davenport had gotten 4 starts last season.

Somehow Pryor seems to be playing worse than I remember Davenport playing in 2021.
Thanks. You're correct except for the LG start b/c he started at LT for Fisher against the Raiders. Didn't realize when you click on the date in the game log it shows the starters for each team, and I thought he made all of his starts at RG prior to the Raiders game.

Anyway, the fact that his starts at RT weren't memorable and that our O played well during those games means he must have been at least ok. I wonder what happened during the offseason to turn him into complete garbage. Maybe he hurt his back again. He got paid a little bit, but not a ton so I wouldn't think he would have gotten the lazy bug.
Old 10-12-2022, 10:07 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
I tried to break it down. It looks like Pryor had 3 starts at RT, 1 at LG and 1 at RG in 2021.

I had forgotten that the "Human Turnstile" Julian Davenport had gotten 4 starts last season.

Somehow Pryor seems to be playing worse than I remember Davenport playing in 2021.
It's pretty fucked up, well really fucked up, to think that two football lifers, two dudes who for some reason receive high praise in NFL circles, somehow convinced themselves that putting Pryor on the left edge was a good decision. Really, think about it for a minute- how could you watch what he has done this season, knowing that these guys had MONTHS to watch this guy in mini and training camps, and NOT think that Ballard and Reich are perhaps two of the worst talent evaluators in the history of football- he can't play LT, he can't play any tackle, he can't play football! WTF!!!

At some point doesn't Frank have to step up and say "Chris, we're not putting this guy out there at LT, he can't do it and he is going to wreck our QB, we have a major problem and I don't have the solution with the guys we have on the team right now"? Isn't that part of his fucking responsibilities as HC?

Again, to me, way too much patting each other on the back between these two.
Old 10-13-2022, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Glad to see some people who don't only see the bad. Cue the Negative Nancies any minute
Dang....I missed my cue!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ironshaft For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (10-13-2022)
Old 10-16-2022, 04:22 PM

Thanked 1,570 Times in 892 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMugwump View Post
Yeah, the offensive line has been perhaps the worst unit in the league, but...

This team is one dropped TD pass by Pierce in his first game (or a FG miss by the since-cut Specs) from being 3-2.

They are possibly a Jonathan Taylor fumble away from tying last week's game and possibly winning it in OT from being 3-1-1, or even 4-1.

They have no where to go but up, because their offense has been so bad, that it's a stretch to think that they could play worse.

So yeah, hate on Reich. Hate on Ryan. Hate on the O-line (this one I'll agree with). But this team could still win 11 games and take the division once the Jags fold.
Bump.

Plus, there is good reason to expect better with Taylor, Hines, and Leonard back next week (fingers crossed). Beat the Tits and run away with the division.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheMugwump For This Useful Post:
BCN#1 (10-16-2022), Spike (10-16-2022)
Old 10-24-2022, 10:39 AM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

o

(vs. TITANS, 10/23)

The Colts failed to take advantage of getting their 2nd consecutive "revenge" win, and their 3rd consecutive win overall.

They won an ugly game against the Broncos, they played their best game of the season in their rematch against the Jaguars (ESPECIALLY the offensive line), and they shit the bed in their rematch against the Titans.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck