ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

View Poll Results: Should Frank be fired if we lose to the Jags this Sunday?
Yes 5 11.90%
No 15 35.71%
Not ready to fire him but will be if don't make the playoffs 22 52.38%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-14-2022, 02:41 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

o

If the Colts do or don't make the playoffs, it will have little to do with the outcome of this game, and much more to do with the remaining 15 games afterward ...... it is so early in the season, and the Colts have been one of the weirdest, strangest teams in the NFL over the past few years, beating teams like the Super Bowl champion Chiefs on their home-field in Kansas City with Jacoby Brissett at quarterback, and repeatedly shitting the bed against the Jaguars in Florida with the likes of Andrew Luck and Philip Rivers at quarterback.

I'll be pissed if we once again play like crap against one of the crappiest teams in the NFL and lose there for the 8th consecutive time, but I'll be right back on the Matt Ryan/Jonathan Taylor/Michael Pittman Jr. bandwagon if we win 4 out of our next 5 games afterward.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
BCN#1 (09-14-2022), Discflinger (09-15-2022)
Old 09-14-2022, 03:23 PM

Thanked 1,648 Times in 790 Posts

It's too late. We should have fired the entire regime after they let Mitch Trubisky sign with the Steeers, remember?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (09-14-2022), TheMugwump (09-15-2022)
Old 09-14-2022, 03:53 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
It's too late. We should have fired the entire regime after they let Mitch Trubisky sign with the Steeers, remember?
Doh!
Old 09-14-2022, 04:00 PM

Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,488 Posts

Not this game. I voted for the "fire him if the Colts don't make the playoffs" option, but frankly, if the Colts lost their first 5-6 games, he should be gone at that point.
Old 09-14-2022, 09:02 PM

Thanked 1,324 Times in 748 Posts

Obviously that was a drunk, pissed off, overreaction I had w/ my fire Frank thread on Sunday. I do think that if we don't make the playoffs then he has to go.

It is crazy how bad this team has been for week 1s through Frank's tenure. 0-4-1, and the best record of any of those teams was a 7-10 Seattle team from last year.
Old 09-14-2022, 09:16 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post

It is crazy how bad this team has been for week 1s through Frank's tenure. 0-4-1, and the best record of any of those teams was a 7-10 Seattle team from last year.
I thought it was bad, but holy shit.
Old 09-14-2022, 09:50 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Appreciate all the well positioned posts, lots of good logic in here. Seems like it is pretty clear the leash extends through the regular season and sans a playoff game, he's gone.

One of the things that resonates with me in terms of fire him after Sunday if they lose was something I heard while driving today. Think it was on 1430- mid day. Question was which of the SB favorites may not even make the playoffs given how week 1 looked and the talk was about Rams, Bengals, Packers. Went a bit off script with a call out to the Colts- noting they weren't necessarily SB favorites but a dark horse given some of the upgrades. And the statement was that we may need to be on watch for the Colts to fire their head coach after only 2 games. Here was the logic that followed.

This is a team that had 7 pro-bowlers last year. This is a team that started horribly last year despite lofty expectations, which are even higher this year. But they came on and were looking good, but missed out on the playoffs with a disastrous couple losses at the end of the year, and the finality being a loss to a team with 3 wins that just butt whipped em' with their playoffs on the line. The belief is the coach was able to convince his bosses that the problem was the QB- and not just that, but the QB that HE personally went to bat for despite owner trepidation and that cannot be forgotten. So this team achieves what is viewed as a consensus upgrade a QB where the coach was allowed to basically use bad play from the position as his get out of jail free card. Sunday it appears his upgrade at QB proved true with 300+ yards and him (Frank) even sort of bragging that they put up over 500 in total offense. BUT THEY COULDN'T BEAT WHAT MANY THINK IS A TEAM THAT WILL BATTLE FOR THE # 1 PICK THIS YEAR. Now looks like the blame is on the kicker, but that kicker wouldn't have been in that position if the same coach had not cost the team points earlier in the game, but again it looks like he has been able to blame the player. So if they lose Sunday, to the same team that kicked their butt's last year, and 2 games in after a scheduling gift they have tied and lost to two of the NFL's worst teams- IN THE DIVISION with KC on the docket, don't be surprised if Frank Reich is terminated to try to light a fire and send a message.

I completely align with that take.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (09-14-2022)
Old 09-14-2022, 09:54 PM

Thanked 2,634 Times in 1,552 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
I also thought they should have pursued Trubisky, but when they got Ryan I thought maybe that was the better option. I still think it might be but Trubisky could have potentially have been the long term solution. Time will tell!
Old 09-14-2022, 10:45 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Appreciate all the well positioned posts, lots of good logic in here. Seems like it is pretty clear the leash extends through the regular season and sans a playoff game, he's gone.

One of the things that resonates with me in terms of fire him after Sunday if they lose was something I heard while driving today. Think it was on 1430- mid day. Question was which of the SB favorites may not even make the playoffs given how week 1 looked and the talk was about Rams, Bengals, Packers. Went a bit off script with a call out to the Colts- noting they weren't necessarily SB favorites but a dark horse given some of the upgrades. And the statement was that we may need to be on watch for the Colts to fire their head coach after only 2 games. Here was the logic that followed.

This is a team that had 7 pro-bowlers last year. This is a team that started horribly last year despite lofty expectations, which are even higher this year. But they came on and were looking good, but missed out on the playoffs with a disastrous couple losses at the end of the year, and the finality being a loss to a team with 3 wins that just butt whipped em' with their playoffs on the line. The belief is the coach was able to convince his bosses that the problem was the QB- and not just that, but the QB that HE personally went to bat for despite owner trepidation and that cannot be forgotten. So this team achieves what is viewed as a consensus upgrade a QB where the coach was allowed to basically use bad play from the position as his get out of jail free card. Sunday it appears his upgrade at QB proved true with 300+ yards and him (Frank) even sort of bragging that they put up over 500 in total offense. BUT THEY COULDN'T BEAT WHAT MANY THINK IS A TEAM THAT WILL BATTLE FOR THE # 1 PICK THIS YEAR. Now looks like the blame is on the kicker, but that kicker wouldn't have been in that position if the same coach had not cost the team points earlier in the game, but again it looks like he has been able to blame the player. So if they lose Sunday, to the same team that kicked their butt's last year, and 2 games in after a scheduling gift they have tied and lost to two of the NFL's worst teams- IN THE DIVISION with KC on the docket, don't be surprised if Frank Reich is terminated to try to light a fire and send a message.

I completely align with that take.
Has Irsay ever fired a coach mid season?
Old 09-15-2022, 03:42 AM

Frank’s calls will even out if not go in our favor in time. That’s what I keep telling myself.