ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-17-2022, 12:37 AM

Thanked 2,257 Times in 1,216 Posts

Ryan's post game comments:

"It was a good change of pace for us," Ryan said. "I thought we played with good tempo – used the speed when we needed it, but also we were able to check out of some things and get into some looks that we wanted to get into. I thought Frank did a great job calling it today."

Translation: In no huddle I call the plays and the offense runs more efficiently.
It doesn't give Frank time to dream up dumb fuck trick plays when he get's outta my fuk'n way.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (10-17-2022), dwilli57 (10-17-2022), HoosierinFL (10-17-2022), Lov2fish (10-17-2022)
Old 10-17-2022, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
Really? I'll always rewatch the game, but I didn't get this feeling at all. I thought the line played better in pass pro overall. A big help obviously was the no huddle and tempo. There were several times when they got JAX to give away their blitz and had plenty of clock to adjust.

I read that TruMedia showed his average pass was in 2.4 seconds and that he was pressured on 24% of dropbacks. Against DEN it was 51% and the first JAX game was 40%. Sacks can be misleading, but 0 sacks on 58 passes is pretty lights-out.
I agree. Seemed like he had a LOT less pressure, maybe he was just getting it out faster but he wasn't getting sacked every other play.
Old 10-17-2022, 07:32 AM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Ryan's post game comments:

"It was a good change of pace for us," Ryan said. "I thought we played with good tempo – used the speed when we needed it, but also we were able to check out of some things and get into some looks that we wanted to get into. I thought Frank did a great job calling it today."

Translation: In no huddle I call the plays and the offense runs more efficiently.
It doesn't give Frank time to dream up dumb fuck trick plays when he get's outta my fuk'n way.
Dead fucking on, dead on!

This team has potential so long as that guy is pushed to the side!
Old 10-17-2022, 07:37 AM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilli57 View Post
I agree. Seemed like he had a LOT less pressure, maybe he was just getting it out faster but he wasn't getting sacked every other play.
I think the OL really stepped up this game, but the team helped them be successful. The coaches came up with a better config for the line, and came up with a game plan to help Ryan get the ball out quickly. Ryan executed on that which helped the line gain confidence, not to mention they stepped up play.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
Old 10-17-2022, 09:14 AM

Thanked 1,649 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
He was absolutely letting rip quicker overall. But there were plenty of plays where he had to go through multiple reads. And he actually had a pocket that he could maneuver around in and make the play. That was the improvement in pass pro.

Again, he averaged 2.4sec per pass yesterday... in the first JAX game, I clocked a few plays where they had hands on Ryan in like 2.3sec. Same in the KC tape.
Old 10-17-2022, 10:26 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
I agree with you that we played a lot better on the line. I stand by we still suck as an offensive line right now but are moving in the right direction, far fewer untouched players rushing Ryan this game-that isn't something I am going to get all giddy about. With the money we have invested in this line I won't be happy unless they get back to dominating-and that seems like a dream right now. It was much better but we have a long way to go. They were not going to go from absolute garbage to world beaters in one week, but they really need to keep improving big time.
Old 10-18-2022, 02:38 PM

Thanked 2,656 Times in 1,179 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
Rodgers is noticeably better. Fayscon only plays because Bradley is familiar with him.

It’s ridiculous.
The beat writers asked about the playing time of Facyson vs. Rodgers.

https://twitter.com/JoelAErickson/st...07305966280704

Quote:
Asked Gus Bradley about Facyson vs. Rodgers.

Answer a little long for Twitter, but initial paraphrases of answer were:

- Colts know Facyson hasn't played well, believe he'll turn it around

- the Colts are playing Rodgers a little more right now

- Indy thinks they'll need both - need 4 starting caliber CBs
And from Darius Butler:

https://twitter.com/DariusJButler/st...39347881590784

Quote:
Definitely agreed on needing 4 Starting level CBs.

I personally think Isaiah Rodgers should be the 3rd Corner in that rotation but I have to trust the DC at this point.

I’m sure Gus is a big reason Brandon ended up in Indy so he will give him every opportunity to succeed.

Last edited by AlwaysSunnyinIndy; 10-18-2022 at 03:00 PM.
Old 10-18-2022, 05:37 PM

Thanked 1,649 Times in 790 Posts

Here's the Gus Bradley presser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKTgNuZUzYY

Facyson bit is at 2:42