ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-26-2021, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
There are two Saints the Colts could use. CB Lattimore and LT Terron Armstead. Both of these guys could be traded and save the Saints mucho dinero. And, since they're going to lose them to FA soon enough, why not get something for them? Might not cost that much since they may be lost to free agency soon enough.
If we traded for these players under their current contracts, we'd be taking on about $10M each under our 2021 cap. That's the biggest issue I can see. Beyond a QB and maybe a LT, I don't expect the Colts to spend much of their 2021 cap money on free agents this year. Their cap management is what allowed us to get Buckner last year, and which gives us the flexibility to be able to get a QB like Stafford this year. Plus, we have lots of upcoming free agents we'll have to plan for, like Leonard and Nelson for starters.
Old 01-26-2021, 01:01 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
If we traded for these players under their current contracts, we'd be taking on about $10M each under our 2021 cap. That's the biggest issue I can see. Beyond a QB and maybe a LT, I don't expect the Colts to spend much of their 2021 cap money on free agents this year. Their cap management is what allowed us to get Buckner last year, and which gives us the flexibility to be able to get a QB like Stafford this year. Plus, we have lots of upcoming free agents we'll have to plan for, like Leonard and Nelson for starters.
I cannot see Ballard trading for those guys. He is a patient guy. If he wants a veteran LT I believe he waits until cuts are made or free agency starts. There are numerous ways he could go to get an adequate LT. With his emphasis on the line being the back bone of a team and LT being the most important position on the line, it will be interesting to see how he goes about filling it. I have confidence he will get it done.
Old 01-26-2021, 03:35 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,618 Times in 2,026 Posts

Rumors starting that the pats may go after Stafford as well.

I saw trade scenarios. We either give up picks or picks plus talent. 1070 mentioned a first and Leonard. I would hate that trade. Our biggest playmaker on defense.

But this is going to be a crapshoot draft. No combine. Less tape and testing of players. Going to be a lot of busts in this draft. Might be a good one to trade picks from.
Old 01-26-2021, 04:34 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

I agree on this draft being a crap shoot. I'm not sure what that means however. I would like it to mean that the better draft evaluators will have an even bigger advantage. Putting together a good team to evaluate talent seems to be one of Ballards talents. Might work in our favor to keep those picks.
Old 01-26-2021, 04:51 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,800 Times in 2,675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Rumors starting that the pats may go after Stafford as well.

I saw trade scenarios. We either give up picks or picks plus talent. 1070 mentioned a first and Leonard. I would hate that trade. Our biggest playmaker on defense.

But this is going to be a crapshoot draft. No combine. Less tape and testing of players. Going to be a lot of busts in this draft. Might be a good one to trade picks from.
Stafford going to the Patsies would be terrible for him. Bellicheat can't draft a wide receiver to save his life. Brady wanted out of there, and the Lions would be doing Stafford a great disservice sending him there.

Also don't want to give Leonard away, more draft picks, maybe, but no way on Leonard.
Racehorse (01-26-2021)
Old 01-26-2021, 04:58 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
I agree on this draft being a crap shoot. I'm not sure what that means however. I would like it to mean that the better draft evaluators will have an even bigger advantage. Putting together a good team to evaluate talent seems to be one of Ballards talents. Might work in our favor to keep those picks.
It just means there will be less data to make evaluations from and probably more mistakes made when drafting. The players that will suffer the most are the small school players. Will be more UDFA surprises I am sure.
Old 01-26-2021, 05:00 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Stafford going to the Patsies would be terrible for him. Bellicheat can't draft a wide receiver to save his life. Brady wanted out of there, and the Lions would be doing Stafford a great disservice sending him there.

Also don't want to give Leonard away, more draft picks, maybe, but no way on Leonard.
I heard that he doesn't like Patricia also. I wonder how much say he actually has in the trade though.
Old 01-26-2021, 05:11 PM

Thanked 2,228 Times in 1,202 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I heard that he doesn't like Patricia also. I wonder how much say he actually has in the trade though.
I believe that they can't trade him unless he agrees on the team.
Old 01-26-2021, 05:32 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

No trading leonard. Besides losing a great player, they would lose the locker room. Ballard is smarter than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-26-2021), Spike (01-26-2021)
Old 01-26-2021, 05:46 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,800 Times in 2,675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
No trading leonard. Besides losing a great player, they would lose the locker room. Ballard is smarter than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My thoughts exactly. Hell no to trading Leonard!
apballin (01-26-2021), Racehorse (01-26-2021)