ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Everything Else > General Topics

Old 05-23-2018, 07:46 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Why is the NFL the only sport having this issue?
I had a guy come over to fix something. I had football on and he saw it. Then he went on a rant about players being disrespectful, they should be thankful, no one kneels at his work, how dare they, he would never watch another NFL game, etc. I was kind of shocked, I didn't realize president Trump had come over to fix my toilet. I believe he represents a huge section of the NFL fanbase. That is why this is an issue. the rest don't care and don't pay any attention to it.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 05-23-2018 at 07:51 PM.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:52 PM

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I had a guy come over to fix something. I had football on and he saw it. Then he went on a rant about players being disrespectful, they should be thankful, no one kneels at his work, how dare they, he would never watch another NFL game, etc. I didn't realize president Trump had come over to fix my toilet. I believe he represents a huge section of the NFL fanbase. That is why this is an issue. the rest don't care and don't pay any attention to it.
I understand why the NFL is averse to this, and honestly, I really don't have a problem with an employer wanting to avoid political shit in the product they are selling. How stupid a huge part of the country disturbs me greatly.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:06 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
I understand why the NFL is averse to this, and honestly, I really don't have a problem with an employer wanting to avoid political shit in the product they are selling. How stupid a huge part of the country disturbs me greatly.
Problem is they kind of started this. They have crafted a nationalistic image, all the flag waving, rah-rah hyperbole that goes on before a game is meant to do that, military flyovers, blasting patriotic rock songs. Even NFL films borrowed a bunch of techniques from Leni Riefenstahl. They sometimes resemble all the propaganda films from WW2. They have engineered this image on purpose over the years, then it backfired when some of the players decided they wanted to protest.

They are a corporation, they care about profit and maintaining an image that continues to support that profit. A bunch of billionaires don't want a bunch of new money millionaires to rock the boat.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (05-24-2018), VeveJones007 (05-24-2018)
Old 05-23-2018, 08:22 PM
testcase448

The problem is this
The NFL fan base is largely Patriotic and Proud of the US...
They see the utter disrespect shown the country by a pack of over paid left wing, lying sumbitches with no real cause
They have the right to kneel at home, not to protest at your place of work.

Owners have a right to not hire a cancer like copacock, an over privileged little punk.

Owners know this idiotic bullshit hurts their revenue and have the right to protect their investment.

The truly unpatriotic part is protesting the flag that lets the mental midgets the place to make millions. Half of which without the NFL and scholarships handed out like candy would be in prison

Want to really protest the US? Move the fuck out... head to Somalia.. Show your true protest with some real skin in the game.
Until you do that you're just a stupid fuck.
I don't blame people for switching them off. They kneel I'm gone this year too.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:23 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
My analogy is this:

If you own a place of business, don't you have a right to discipline employees who are making your business less profitable?

Again, my original question; why aren't the NBA, MLB, NHL or NCAA having protests?
Old 05-23-2018, 08:52 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
My analogy is this:

If you own a place of business, don't you have a right to discipline employees who are making your business less profitable?

Again, my original question; why aren't the NBA, MLB, NHL or NCAA having protests?
Are the other leagues out for the anthem? I think baseball dudes are but not sure

The nfl has a bunch of hillbilly racists that watch. They have a problem with the protesters more than the protest
Old 05-23-2018, 08:54 PM

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Problem is they kind of started this. They have crafted a nationalistic image, all the flag waving, rah-rah hyperbole that goes on before a game is meant to do that, military flyovers, blasting patriotic rock songs. Even NFL films borrowed a bunch of techniques from Leni Riefenstahl. They sometimes resemble all the propaganda films from WW2. They have engineered this image on purpose over the years, then it backfired when some of the players decided they wanted to protest.

They are a corporation, they care about profit and maintaining an image that continues to support that profit. A bunch of billionaires don't want a bunch of new money millionaires to rock the boat.
You are not wrong, they screwed up when they took money from the Military for all the rah-rah flag waving bullshit.

http://www.post-gazette.com/news/nat...s/201511060140
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Butter For This Useful Post:
Brylok (05-24-2018), Chromeburn (05-24-2018), Colts And Orioles (05-24-2018), omahacolt (05-23-2018), VeveJones007 (05-24-2018)
Old 05-23-2018, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
They have a problem with the protesters more than the protest
Yes, they have the audacity to be black and take a stand. A much to large part of the country has a problem with that. I find it ironic that those who cheer Trump for not being politically correct are the most butt hurt about the silent protests.

Leave it to the NFL to screw this up. They’ve gave in to Trump and I think it will embolden him even more. He doesnt give a damn what people do during the anthem. He wants to hurt the NFL. If he can play to his racist base at the same time even better. The NFL comes off bad in this and gives him a win. He’ll find another way to try to hurt them.

Last edited by rm1369; 05-23-2018 at 10:37 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
omahacolt (05-24-2018)
Old 05-23-2018, 11:01 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
I hope no player comes out anymore. Easy solution is to play the anthem before the players come out. Everyone can sit down and then do some kind of special entry to get the crowd fired up
Why is this so difficult for people to understand? Every owner should have their team wait in the tunnel until the anthem is over and then go out. The whole thing would be squashed within the next season.
Chromeburn (05-24-2018), omahacolt (05-24-2018), Racehorse (05-24-2018)
Old 05-24-2018, 01:41 AM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by testcase448 View Post
The problem is this
The NFL fan base is largely Patriotic and Proud of the US...
They see the utter disrespect shown the country by a pack of over paid left wing, lying sumbitches with no real cause
They have the right to kneel at home, not to protest at your place of work.

Owners have a right to not hire a cancer like copacock, an over privileged little punk.

Owners know this idiotic bullshit hurts their revenue and have the right to protect their investment.

The truly unpatriotic part is protesting the flag that lets the mental midgets the place to make millions. Half of which without the NFL and scholarships handed out like candy would be in prison

Want to really protest the US? Move the fuck out... head to Somalia.. Show your true protest with some real skin in the game.
Until you do that you're just a stupid fuck.
I don't blame people for switching them off. They kneel I'm gone this year too.
Fucktard.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Johanvil (05-24-2018), omahacolt (05-24-2018)