ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

View Poll Results: Who do you want at 15?
Quinyon Mitchell 6 26.09%
Laiatu Latu 1 4.35%
Jared Verse 1 4.35%
Dallas Turner 2 8.70%
Terrion Arnold 2 8.70%
Brian Thomas Jr. 2 8.70%
Adonai Mitchell 0 0%
Trade Up (Include for whom in a post) 1 4.35%
Trade Down (Include explanation in a post) 5 21.74%
Other (Include explanation in a post) 3 13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-31-2024, 01:52 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,640 Times in 949 Posts
Default Who do you want at 15?

Pretty straightforward.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
apballin (03-31-2024)
Old 03-31-2024, 02:01 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,640 Times in 949 Posts

I think trading down will net the Colts a top 5 WR in the class that fits the mold of what the team tries to draft at WR as well as potentially netting another top 50ish pick, which would potentially net the team another quality starter.
Old 03-31-2024, 07:50 AM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

Trade back and take Xavier Worthy

Another explosive home run threat paired with AR and JT

Makes ARs job easier because he opens things up strictly out of fear

While Mitchell would be tough to pass at 15 for what Worthy would provide to the offense and AR I’d be willing to trade back and go CB later.

Colts fans will have ptsd if they do this… but he’s not Paris Campbell or Phillip Dorsett he’s more like Desean Jackson
Old 03-31-2024, 09:04 AM

Quinyon Mitchell, the best CB in the draft, but i am not sure that he will be there for the Colts at 15. I would also sign Patrick Peterson to sure up the CB position. He can also play safety, providing the depth at both positions. Can also be a big teacher to the young guys.

If Mitchell isn't there, then i would go WR Bryan Thomas, a legit deep threat, with good hands. The WR class is deep and a decent player can be had in the 2nd round, which is not true of the CB class. Big drop off after the top 2 or 3 guys.

I am also not as down on what we already have on the roster at CB. Brents, Flowers and Moore are a capable set of cornerbacks, but besides Moore are very inexperienced and both Flowers and Brents struggled with injuries last year. Jaylon Jones and Baker are decent players for the back end of the roster.

If you had Mitchell, Brents, Moore, Flowers, Peterson that to me is an outstanding group of CB's. Allows Flowers to recover from his injury completely, Mitchell and Brents can compete and develop, the fallback option if either struggle is Peterson, who intially i would be looking at playing safety.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ukcolt For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (03-31-2024), YDFL Commish (03-31-2024)
Old 03-31-2024, 09:25 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,675 Times in 2,054 Posts

Brock Bowers.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (04-12-2024), PowayColt (03-31-2024), sherck (04-01-2024)
Old 03-31-2024, 01:08 PM

Thanked 4,399 Times in 2,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Brock Bowers.
Would be nice, if he falls to 15. However, I doubt he does.
Old 03-31-2024, 01:10 PM

Thanked 4,399 Times in 2,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I think trading down will net the Colts a top 5 WR in the class that fits the mold of what the team tries to draft at WR as well as potentially netting another top 50ish pick, which would potentially net the team another quality starter.
I would be okay with a trade down, but a lot of heads would explode if we do. Ballard has been effective with a trade down and picking up draft capital to select a player or to use to trade back up to get a guy he likes.
Old 03-31-2024, 01:25 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
I would be okay with a trade down, but a lot of heads would explode if we do. Ballard has been effective with a trade down and picking up draft capital to select a player or to use to trade back up to get a guy he likes.
I think it depends on who’s there, the only player they wouldn’t trade out of 15 is Bowers I believe.
Old 03-31-2024, 01:33 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcolt View Post
Quinyon Mitchell, the best CB in the draft, but i am not sure that he will be there for the Colts at 15. I would also sign Patrick Peterson to sure up the CB position. He can also play safety, providing the depth at both positions. Can also be a big teacher to the young guys.

If Mitchell isn't there, then i would go WR Bryan Thomas, a legit deep threat, with good hands. The WR class is deep and a decent player can be had in the 2nd round, which is not true of the CB class. Big drop off after the top 2 or 3 guys.

I am also not as down on what we already have on the roster at CB. Brents, Flowers and Moore are a capable set of cornerbacks, but besides Moore are very inexperienced and both Flowers and Brents struggled with injuries last year. Jaylon Jones and Baker are decent players for the back end of the roster.

If you had Mitchell, Brents, Moore, Flowers, Peterson that to me is an outstanding group of CB's. Allows Flowers to recover from his injury completely, Mitchell and Brents can compete and develop, the fallback option if either struggle is Peterson, who intially i would be looking at playing safety.
I agree the WR class is good, so trading back for more picks and still getting a quality WR is the play to me.

I wouldn’t be mad at any weapon for AR but what’s the difference between WRs from outside the top 3 let’s say from 4-11 they seem pretty interchangeable outside of Worthy he seems like the most rare ability wise that’s gonna be available
Old 03-31-2024, 01:47 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,675 Times in 2,054 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Would be nice, if he falls to 15. However, I doubt he does.
It’s not that far fetched considering he still hasn’t worked out for teams, he is below the average size metrics for the position, and teams have been burned on drafting TEs high the last decade.