ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-24-2022, 07:04 PM

Thanked 2,269 Times in 1,222 Posts
Default My favorite players in this draft

Some have no chance of being Colts and that's okay. Some are not getting the recognition that they may deserve.

Garrett Wilson: Reminds me so much of Marvin Harrison
Travis Jones: Best NT in the draft, that also has pass rush ability
Perrion Winfrey: Best 3-Tech in the draft
Kenyon Green: A real snot knocker at guard, looks like a Steeler to me
Greg Dulcich: Maybe not the most talented TE in the draft, but the most complete
Carson Strong: Has so many Brady similarities in the pocket, but with a cannon arm and a quick release
Kyle Phillips: Just love what I think this guy can do in the slot, runs routes like all the great slot WR's
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (04-25-2022), omahacolt (04-29-2022)
Old 04-24-2022, 09:24 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,661 Times in 961 Posts

Haven't watched many this year, but Sam Williams is a HWS freak with length and a good variety of rush moves in his arsenal already. He could end up a very good edge rusher, and has the speed to contain dual threat QBs, as well as the physicality in the case of guys like Josh Allen.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
YDFL Commish (04-24-2022)
Old 04-25-2022, 07:23 AM

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Some have no chance of being Colts and that's okay. Some are not getting the recognition that they may deserve.

Garrett Wilson: Reminds me so much of Marvin Harrison

Greg Dulcich: Maybe not the most talented TE in the draft, but the most complete
Yep, Garrett Wilson is the real deal, he even looks a little like a young Marvin Harrison. Quality guy off the field as well...but unfortunately, long gone before the Colts get to pick! Dulcich will be there, maybe even in the 3rd round, I bet he is being considered....if they haven't already decided.

I am hoping for Jawan Dotson from Penn State....I watch a lot of Big Ten football and have seen a lot of Dotson, guy can get open, would be a solid #2 in a year or two!

Last edited by CletusPyle; 04-25-2022 at 07:28 AM.
Old 04-25-2022, 08:50 AM

My favorite player?

Whoever Ballard drafts.

As past draft contests have shown, I have no clue who that will be but once they put on the horseshoe....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ironshaft For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (04-26-2022), JAFF (04-25-2022), Oldcolt (04-25-2022), Racehorse (04-25-2022)
Old 04-27-2022, 02:04 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,060 Posts

Some guys I like.

Jahan Dotson. Very fast player and dangerous at all levels of the field. Deep threat or can take a slant to the house. Has the best hands in the draft. Great character. Super smart, could have gone Ivy League if he wanted.

Alec Pierce WR senior leader on a good Cincinnati team. Good yards per catch, good character, good athleticism. Has concentration drops at times.

Jalen Tolbert, fast good hands, good character. But underrated and lost in the shuffle of this class. Physical and will fight press,gets YAC also. Has concentration drops.

Skyy Moore, reminds me of a thicker TY. Smooth in his routes. Good hands and just glides out on the field.

Bo Melton speed guy, good routes, good feet and uses them to get in and out of breaks well. Will beak guy’s ankles juking them.

Calvin Austin, fast, good routes, good hands. Good leader. Short but has very long arms.

Kyle Philips, shifty underneath guy who is always getting open. Reminds me of Hunter Renfrow

Tyler Smith, this guy is a mean oline man. He projects interior but he has the talent to play tackle. But he might need some time to get there. His attitude is awesome and he would be pretty intimidating next to Nelson.

Abraham Lucas. Another guy projected inside. But he has played a lot of downs at tackle and see just about everything in college. I would take a flyer and at worst you have a experienced interior lineman.

Zach Tom, athletic tackle. Had the best pass block rate in college. Athletic. Will need a few years but could develop into a good tackle.

Obinna Eze an athletic developmental tackle. Just scratching the surface of what he can do.

Ryan Van Demark, another huge tackle who is very athletic but needs development time.

Greg Dulcich is a receiving TE who is dangerous all over the field. In a couple years he should be one of the better receiving TEs in the league.

Jeremy Ruckert is a good blocking and receiving TE. Very good hands. He put a show on at the senior bowl. Was underused bc OSU has so many good receivers.

Trey McBride a solid all around good TE. Does everything well. Not spectacular at anything though.

Greg Calcaterra is a SMU receiving TE who can do a little blocking. Good receiver who can get all over the field.

Jelani Woods, huge TE and very athletic. Decent hands. Was only a blocker till he transferred and his new school threw passes to him. But of a straight line mover. Hot on the hype train the last two months.

Arnold Ebikete, I think this guys is awesome and will only fall bc of the number of edge rushers in this draft. He might be the third best rusher IMO. He is speedy around the edge and will go for the turnover too. Comps to Yannick actually.

David Ojabo tore his knee at his pro day so he should fall. If he falls to 42 I would not blame Ballard for grabbing him since he should be a top ten pick. The guy has long arms, can bend really well and play the run.

Thomas Booker might be more of a DT than DE. He was probably the best player on Standford’s defense and held that D together. He is very versatile and can play all along the line. Which Ballard loves. Good character and super smart. Will be a later round pick.

I don’t know if we take a RB, but Ty Chandler of UNC is a shifty back with a second gear. If he sees open space he can out run a defense. I figured a backup big play threat wouldn’t hurt for JT. Late round pick.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 04-27-2022 at 02:06 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
apballin (04-27-2022), CletusPyle (04-27-2022), IndyNorm (04-27-2022), Racehorse (04-27-2022), YDFL Commish (04-27-2022)
Old 04-27-2022, 09:23 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,139 Times in 646 Posts

The more you Freaks mention Ojabu the more I think you may be right