ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-11-2023, 10:58 AM

I know that’s why I don’t like him and this is so spot on.
Old 04-11-2023, 11:24 AM

Wait until Dam finds out Levis has a higher completion percentage than Stroud when under pressure. Just say'n, no reason..........lol....
CletusPyle (04-11-2023), IndyNorm (04-11-2023), Racehorse (04-11-2023), Spike (04-11-2023)
Old 04-11-2023, 11:28 AM

Thanked 2,269 Times in 1,222 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
Most of the bad I hear said about Levis is some find his brash personality offputting....seriously, some of the best QBs to ever play were somewhat brash and hit some people the wrong way. I think he is just trying to project confidence and may be overdoing a bit.

There are also some sports media writers that just don't like alpha males, because they aren't one!
Manning was brash as well, when he told Polian that if he didn't draft him, he would kick the Colts ass for the next 15 years.
The Following User Says Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (04-11-2023)
Old 04-11-2023, 01:25 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,808 Times in 2,679 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
Most of the bad I hear said about Levis is some find his brash personality offputting....seriously, some of the best QBs to ever play were somewhat brash and hit some people the wrong way. I think he is just trying to project confidence and may be overdoing a bit.

There are also some sports media writers that just don't like alpha males, because they aren't one!
True. Not just the sports media though, media in general.

Last edited by Spike; 04-11-2023 at 01:58 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spike For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (04-11-2023)
Old 04-11-2023, 03:04 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,660 Times in 960 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Levis' biggest concern IMO is a lack of touch. Everything comes out as a fastball. Comes from his footwork. He was working with a good QB guru in the offseason and did show some improvement on his pro day especially throwing to his left.

I think some of the Wentz comparisons come from that pigeon toe throwing and lack of touch (also bc he is white and a similar size and he runs). Wentz couldn't fix his issue, Allen did, does he have the work ethic to do it?

He was also hurt last season including a turf toe which kills your mobility and your throwing depending on the leg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
I listened to the Panthers' QB coach do a film study on Levis (in the other thread if you haven't seen it). He says a lot of this ^^. His arm is very impressive and he can make throws with little wind-up when pressure is in his face. He also processes his reads fine but is able to, for example in the video, skip the open underneath out route and instead fire from the opposite hash to the numbers on a 10-yard hitch for a good gain.

However, he mentions that it's one of the biggest concerns about him as well. Because of the strength and talent, he makes some bad decisions as well as missing some throws even without pressure. As McCown says, you have to find out if he has a governor on this Ferrari or are you going to be one of those guys that's always going to fire a cannon.

For me, the Wentz comparison is about the mechanics and inconsistent accuracy + the toughness + the really strong arm that can lead to both awesome plays and bad decisions. It's like that awesome throw Wentz made against Arizona right before he was clobbered... that's great. But it also came in a package deal that included all the other shit he did that drove us nuts.

Depending on if he takes to coaching, Levis gives me the same worries.
These are the concerns. His mechanics are flawed, he seems to think he's a finished product, he only seems to have a fastball, and he plays hero ball way too often, leading to poor decisions and mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
WHY would you help a team in your conference? WTF

You = bag of hammers
WHY would you automatically assume that trading up helps them?

You = bag of hammer. No chance of even a spark from clanging around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
Wait until Dam finds out Levis has a higher completion percentage than Stroud when under pressure. Just say'n, no reason..........lol....
Until you define what "under pressure" means, that's an irrelevant statistic. Who cares if Levis can stand in the pocket and take a shot better? That sounds like higher injury risk to me. Stroud's way of dealing with pressure typically is to roll away from it and find an open receiver downfield.
Old 04-11-2023, 03:41 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Jesus. Sixteen more days of this shit.
CletusPyle (04-11-2023), Racehorse (04-11-2023), Spike (04-12-2023)
Old 04-11-2023, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post

Until you define what "under pressure" means, that's an irrelevant statistic. Who cares if Levis can stand in the pocket and take a shot better? That sounds like higher injury risk to me. Stroud's way of dealing with pressure typically is to roll away from it and find an open receiver downfield.
Pass rush, any and all pass rush. It seems I mentioned Stroud performed poorly when the pocket is collapsing around him. However you're so infatuated with him you ignore any of his poor decisions.
IndyNorm (04-11-2023)
Old 04-11-2023, 05:27 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

I disagree with him thinking he’s a finished product, he realizes he needs improvement but that will come with playing time, so I believe he is a day 1 starter he’s a competitor and wants to be out there he doesn’t strike me as a guy that learns from the sideline. As far as him playing “hero ball” again he’s a competitor and he was trying to win while not having Harrison Jr to throw it up to
The Following User Says Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (04-11-2023)
Old 04-11-2023, 05:38 PM

Thanked 1,664 Times in 795 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
I disagree with him thinking he’s a finished product, he realizes he needs improvement but that will come with playing time, so I believe he is a day 1 starter he’s a competitor and wants to be out there he doesn’t strike me as a guy that learns from the sideline. As far as him playing “hero ball” again he’s a competitor and he was trying to win while not having Harrison Jr to throw it up to
In the event we take Levis, I hope you're right about the first bold. And I agree in general, put the kid out there and let him take his lumps and learn.

On the second bold, though, that's precisely what drove everyone bananas with Wentz. He's going to have to accept coaching and pump the brakes on that stuff.
Old 04-11-2023, 07:15 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,660 Times in 960 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
Pass rush, any and all pass rush. It seems I mentioned Stroud performed poorly when the pocket is collapsing around him. However you're so infatuated with him you ignore any of his poor decisions.
I have a hard time believing that includes rollouts where pressure is escaped, considering Stroud faced that constantly and most frequently used his legs to escape the pressure, buy time, and find an open receiver downfield. I'd be interested to see where Bryce Young falls on this, because like Stroud he used his legs to escape pressure often, he just ended up running the ball more often.