ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 11-03-2019, 09:05 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts
Default Mid Season Eval

Ending this first half of the season with disappointment, I really thought we would be coming out of today 6-2.

The Good:
JB has proven to be a real plus for the team. Thankfully hearing him talk post game, sounds like he was on the verge of coming back in and that they don't think this is a long term deal. We play the Phins next week- Hoyer showed he can fill in during the short term, we should be 7-3 after next week and hopefully JB is back against the Jags. Coaches MUST get JB to trust his guys more and throw them open!

RB- can't complain. Mack shows signs of being one of the best backs in the league- still misses a lane / hole here and there but runs tough as shit and gets a lot of extra yards with the lean. Wilkins is a fine compliment and Himes is a threat to get chunk yards. No issues with this personnel group.

OL- A little bit disappointed really. Big Q- he gets it done- yeah he got worked on the play that hurt JB but once in 8 games, shit for all the nastiness he has displayed- not sure he is All-Pro this year, but he's definitely a pro-bowler. Castanzo- super solid to start the year, has not been so great last couple games. Kelly seems to be doing a good job. Smith- until today I thought he has been quite good. Glowinski- the weak link for sure, and he probably needs to be a backup OL really. Overall, they've done quite well as a starting unit. However they've given up too much pressure lately and at times they have stalled out in the running game. Depth- we have a real lack of it and it has to be addressed in the offseason - preferably by a proven commodity that is physical at the point of attack.

WR- well fuck! This looked like such a strength and now it is sort of a muddled mess. Injuries have hurt us bad here. TY- still in the mode of an elite player and him not being on the field is a crusher. Waiting with baited breath to see if Funchess can become a possession outlet that this team can lean on to get that crucial 3rd and 4 by just going to the marker turning and shielding his man off- that's what we need desperately out of this unit. Pascal- gotta love what that dude is doing for this team, definitely a viable # 2 now. PC- looks like he has all the speed we thought he did, and over the 2nd half of the season I expect him to emerge as a dangerous multi-level threat. Cain- no idea what the fuck goes on with this guy, other than he looks like he can't get a single bit of separation- if he doesn't do something in the next couple games, it's time to write him off. Rogers, no idea how he continues to have a job with as little as he brings to the table- he got a TD today, yay for you, thanks for costing us games with fumbles and drops- get the fuck outta here with that shit. Overall- this unit has not delivered on the promise they showed in the PS. The 2nd half of this season HAS to see some of these guys emerge or this may be the area of the team that keeps us from making any noise.

TE's- disappointed, but only from the standpoint that I though they would be a bigger feature item than they have been. Sure Ebron has had his share of drops, but other than that, this unit has been very solid, in both the run and pass game. Jack Doyle continues to prove to be a really outstanding edge blocker and though not a Kittle in the pass game, he generally comes through. It's just somewhat disturbing to me that we haven't seen them utilized more. Perhaps this is the greatest downward deviation resulting from Andrew not being here. Can't help to speculate that if Andrew were under center this group is probably being touted as the league's best. MAC- when he gets the ball- he looks like an all-pro, so why has he seen the ball like 4 times all damn year?

DL- Tuary- shit that guy looked so freaking good! Houston- hell yeah, that guy is proving he is the guy we thought he was. Sheard- aint no way you can complain on this guy. Autry- just fine inside, one of our better overall interior guys in the last 10 years. Grover- Grover gets his, not gonna go to any pro-bowls but he generally isn't hurting you either. Hunt, just a dude, could get any street FA and get the same thing out of him. Banogu, this guy to me has the change to really come on as a player in the 2nd half, he's around the QB a lot lately and he looks strong. Lewis, as far as I am concerned this guy can get a pink slip. This team needs help off the edge and this dude can't seem to figure out that the game is played on Sunday's in stadiums instead of on training tables with X-Box controllers. By and large, pretty pleased with this group- we have that occasional gashing run but 90% of the time we contain the runner and the streak of non 100 yard guys is pretty impressive.

LB- hmmmmm, suddenly I am thinking more highly of Walker than Leonard. I think Leonard is pressing and it's leading to him doing stupid shit. The penalty at the end of the half, that cost us the fucking game, dude that's what some 4th string rookie trying to make the stat sheet does, not the revered leader of your D- stupid. And watch that TD to the TE- yeah Suck Ya-Sin is lost, but watch Leonard come over and completely overcommit allowing him to walk in- the Leonard of last year, he smokes that dude and he goes down right there. Very very very disappointed in his play this year and he has hurt us in several games IMO. Walker, he still gets out of position way too much but he's been a pretty steady run stopper lately. Okereke- definitely like what he's showing- that ST's play- that's great to see him down there that fast putting a hit on someone. Adams- downhill hitter but he is too slow a foot to have in on obvious passing downs. I really would like to see more of Speed, hell start swapping him in some for Leonard if he doesn't get his shit together. By and large, not too upset with the play of this unit. They still give up too much underneath shit but a lot of that is scheme.

CB- fuck you Suck Ya-Sin. Horrible pick by Ballard, horrible inability to play the ball in the air. Take him and Quincy Wilson and see if you can package them up for a rubber chicken- because at least you could throw the rubber chicken at the WR as he ran free, that would be more than either of these fucks are doing. Fuck both of them. Moore- he's Moore, makes his share of plays, definitely not a liability- not elite but you could do a lot worse. We need Desir to be on the field, period end of story. Tell, he shows signs for sure, but he has a long way to go. Overall, again another unit that looked so impressive going into the season but based on injuries the group has been a sore point.

Safety- Willis is definitely a find and looks like a long term main stay. Hooker seems to be back from his knee injury. Geathers and Odum are fine out there. By and large this unit seems to be fine, though I really think we should send these guys more...

ST's- holy crap what a shit show! Who would have thought that we would be half way into this season and saying our season hangs in the balance because Adam Vinateri sucks? We've lost 3 games, 2 of them are on the foot of a HOF, 1st ballot, kicker! FUCK ME! Roberto, just fine, not as outstanding as last year but he's done some good things. By and large our coverage units have been pretty sold (when they aren't getting flagged for being mean and hitting people and stuff like that).

Coaching- wow, gonna end this half of the season with an A-. I really wanted this to be a solid A at the end of this game, but looking at it at a high level there are some head scratchers.

First off, outstanding job by Frank rallying this team after Luck broke one off in us a week before the season. Cudos to him for his take no prisoners approach to 4th down and making our guys feel like they carry 200LB boulders singing from below. Even today- shit, we lost our starting QB, who is an emergency fill in, and we lose our Center, and we have a kick to win the game. Frank is a damn great grinder, he just grinds grinds grinds. That said, there are some things that leave you wondering what the fuck?

TEs- we have studs there, we don't seem nearly as intent on leveraging their talents as we were last year- and not sure why?

Defensively- why do we blitz so little? When we blitz it seems we generally do well with it- we have athletes all over that D- what are we so afraid of? Maybe the coaches realize Suck Ya-Sin is so bad that if we blitz the QB will just hot throw to his man for a TD every fucking time?

We're 5-3, we've had close games every week. For all the bullshit that has happened and the injuries to some incredibly important players, I think we've done quite well overall. There are holes, a couple of them may be terminal for this season but there's a lot to grow with here. We HAVE to get some OL and DL depth and we HAVE to get Desir back on the field ASAP. I still think 11-5 is possible but I think 10-6 is most likely now. That game against Houston is almost certain to determine the division.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (11-04-2019), apballin (11-04-2019), Chaka (11-04-2019), Hoopsdoc (11-03-2019), Racehorse (11-04-2019), smitty46953 (11-03-2019), Spike (11-04-2019), Voosh (11-03-2019), YDFL Commish (11-04-2019)
Old 11-03-2019, 09:12 PM

I was disappointed by the oline play today they were worked by the Steelers dline. This team really needs some pass rush and WR help.
Old 11-04-2019, 03:27 PM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

I'm disappointed with Ya Sin as much as anyone but its too early to say get rid of the guy IMO.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luck4Reich For This Useful Post:
Coltsfever (11-08-2019), Puck (11-04-2019), Racehorse (11-04-2019)
Old 11-04-2019, 06:04 PM

Thanked 4,281 Times in 1,750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck4Reich View Post
I'm disappointed with Ya Sin as much as anyone but its too early to say get rid of the guy IMO.
Yeah that is a little over the top
Old 11-04-2019, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
Yeah that is a little over the top
Fuck him. I would tell his next team I would pay double his salary to get rid of him. Dude can't play this game at all. If he isn't grabbing he's just standing there watching a duck flutter into his man's arms. On the goal line- I am pretty sure he thought when coaches said to guard the goal line- he took it literally and did a fantastic job of covering that line. Fuck him.
Old 11-04-2019, 06:46 PM

Thanked 2,220 Times in 1,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Fuck him. I would tell his next team I would pay double his salary to get rid of him. Dude can't play this game at all. If he isn't grabbing he's just standing there watching a duck flutter into his man's arms. On the goal line- I am pretty sure he thought when coaches said to guard the goal line- he took it literally and did a fantastic job of covering that line. Fuck him.
Holy shit dude...calm the fuck down! Rock has had 2 bad games as a rookie. There have been tons of players who struggled as rookies who went on to HOF careers.

I'm not saying that Rock will have a HOF career, but you're not even giving him a chance to have a career?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-04-2019), Spike (11-04-2019)
Old 11-04-2019, 06:47 PM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Yea, I understand this, but dont agree with it. Last week the only one not celebrating in the locker room was ya sin.
He has the right attitude.
He should not be in single coverage vs sutton.
He's a rookie, and we're inexplicably benching Quincy Wilson and Desir is out.
We are putting him in a position where he is over his head.
I'm cutting him a small amount of slack. He improved over last week and with his attitude should improve again next week. He is what, 22 years old?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-06-2019), YDFL Commish (11-04-2019)
Old 11-04-2019, 07:39 PM

Thanked 4,371 Times in 2,518 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Holy shit dude...calm the fuck down! Rock has had 2 bad games as a rookie. There have been tons of players who struggled as rookies who went on to HOF careers.

I'm not saying that Rock will have a HOF career, but you're not even giving him a chance to have a career?
Gotta be a reincarnation of Rujiyinn, or however he spelled it. Nobody else has that level of drama in them, except a woman.
omahacolt (11-04-2019), YDFL Commish (11-04-2019)
Old 11-04-2019, 09:35 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,129 Times in 641 Posts

Yeah but he’s an all state wrestler
The Following User Says Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (11-04-2019)
Old 11-04-2019, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post

I have nothing to do with whether or not he has a career- that's up to the coaches and mainly to Suck Ya-Sin, who right now, doesn't appear to have any football skills- at all. If there was a G League in the NFL, he would be on the pine carrying Gatorade cups to the guys on the court. He is as bad as I have ever seen a corner play the game- ever. That said, I would love nothing better than for him to come out next week and pick 3 passes off against Fitztragic- but I suspect they will go at him over and over and over again. If I were the OC, I would script the first 15 plays to all be passes aimed at him!

Now what the hell that says about Quincy Wilson, I don't know. When a guy is as bad as he has been and yet you keep a healthy BIG corner off the field - good God did Quincy get caught in bed with Frank's daughter or some shit?

Fuck it, bring back Eugene McDaniel and give me some butter...