ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-23-2017, 11:50 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,643 Times in 952 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Eh, I maybe a bit off, but comparing Belichick making a bad call to Pagano doing so is way off. Bill makes some risky calls that fail, Pagano constantly does and they all fail.
Belicheat has cost himself conference championships with his poor decisions. Carroll has cost himself a Super Bowl with a bad decision. They're generally considered two of the best coaches in the game. Pagano's cited bad decision cost a team that was extremely overmatched from a talent perspective a chance to win a regular season game. Not nearly as bad in the grand scheme of things.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
apballin (08-23-2017)
Old 08-23-2017, 12:58 PM

Thanked 1,197 Times in 528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Belicheat has cost himself conference championships with his poor decisions. Carroll has cost himself a Super Bowl with a bad decision. They're generally considered two of the best coaches in the game. Pagano's cited bad decision cost a team that was extremely overmatched from a talent perspective a chance to win a regular season game. Not nearly as bad in the grand scheme of things.
If it had only happened once.....

Walk Worthy,
Old 08-23-2017, 01:30 PM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

Quote:
the issue here isnt the timing, its the decision making.

BB went goes for it on 4th down because the stats say its not much different than punting. He runs a designed play and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.

PC tried to out think everyone and throw when the entire world was expecting run. The play itself wasnt terrible, the defender made a great play on the ball. Yes he probably should have run it, but he made a calculated decision.

Pagano tried some fucked up play that, by the looks of it, had zero chance of any success. They team was obviously not prepared to run whatever they had planned. From what I remember the ball was not supposed to be hiked. NE wasnt jumping offsides so what, we take a delay of game or burn a timeout? But instead the players were not prepared and they hiked the ball putting the colts in forever infamy.

Point is pagano makes bad decisions with under prepared players, this has happened through out his career here. The other two coaches you cited made calculated decisions that didnt work out. That is the difference.

Last edited by rcubed; 08-23-2017 at 01:32 PM.
Old 08-23-2017, 02:51 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
the issue here isnt the timing, its the decision making.

BB went goes for it on 4th down because the stats say its not much different than punting. He runs a designed play and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.

PC tried to out think everyone and throw when the entire world was expecting run. The play itself wasnt terrible, the defender made a great play on the ball. Yes he probably should have run it, but he made a calculated decision.

Pagano tried some fucked up play that, by the looks of it, had zero chance of any success. They team was obviously not prepared to run whatever they had planned. From what I remember the ball was not supposed to be hiked. NE wasnt jumping offsides so what, we take a delay of game or burn a timeout? But instead the players were not prepared and they hiked the ball putting the colts in forever infamy.

Point is pagano makes bad decisions with under prepared players, this has happened through out his career here. The other two coaches you cited made calculated decisions that didnt work out. That is the difference.
So losing by 2 in a conference championship where he failed to convert two 4th downs in field goal range is more forgivable for you? Because I'm pretty sure this place would burn down if Pagano did that.
apballin (08-23-2017)
Old 08-23-2017, 02:52 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
If it had only happened once.....

Walk Worthy,
I have to ask: What's with "Walk Worthy"?
njcoltfan (08-23-2017)
Old 08-23-2017, 04:32 PM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

Quote:
So losing by 2 in a conference championship where he failed to convert two 4th downs in field goal range is more forgivable for you? Because I'm pretty sure this place would burn down if Pagano did that.
that's not what I said.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:37 PM

Thanked 1,197 Times in 528 Posts

Quote:
I have to ask: What's with "Walk Worthy"?
I am helping start a Trail Life USA troop which is a Christian alternative to Boy Scouts and their moto is "Walk Worthy" like Boy Scouts is "Be Prepared."

I have been using "Cheers" as a sign-off since 1996. It was time for an update.

Walk Worthy,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
Hoopsdoc (08-23-2017)
Old 08-23-2017, 07:33 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
that's not what I said.
No, it's not, but it's one of the ways Belicheat cost himself a conference championship. Why are you trying to minimize Belicheat's poor situational decision making?
Old 08-23-2017, 08:20 PM

Thanked 4,293 Times in 1,758 Posts

Quote:
You have the same mentality of a trump supporter. No matter how much evidence there is to show how shitty it is, you just plug your ears and offer blind support. Disgusting
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (08-23-2017), IndyNorm (08-23-2017)
Old 08-23-2017, 08:28 PM

Thanked 4,293 Times in 1,758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
I am helping start a Trail Life USA troop which is a Christian alternative to Boy Scouts and their moto is "Walk Worthy" like Boy Scouts is "Be Prepared."

I have been using "Cheers" as a sign-off since 1996. It was time for an update.

Walk Worthy,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Well that is dumber than I would have guessed. A more Christian Boy Scouts?

What does that mean? Boy Scouts mixed with pedophilia?
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (08-23-2017)