ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 09-18-2018, 09:11 AM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Hooker may not have all of his speed/explosiveness back yet from the ACL repair.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:33 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
Good point about the MLB. I have not noticed a lot of deep drops there. Which is not surprising, Sean Lee did not drop deep that often in Dallas and he was supposed to be Eberflus' project.

One of the main things I'm looking for is what the FS, and specifically Hooker, is suppose to be doing. He was a top 15ish pick and supposedly the 2nd coming of Ed Reed. But other than in Bethea's best years, I don't remember the FS being that much of a key role in any Dungy/Lovie Smith/Marinelli defense. He looked promising as a rookie before he got hurt. I'm curious if he will have the opportunity to produce turnovers or if not, what this defense is asking him to do.

I haven't been on SB much lately. Shame they're pushing in that direction. Colts fans overall are sickeningly sugary sweet already, they don't need another safe space to parrot the same happy horseshit back and forth to each other.
Watch Earl Thomas back when Seattle was really good. That's basically what Hooker's role is supposed to be in this defense.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:12 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusChrist View Post
Hooker may not have all of his speed/explosiveness back yet from the ACL repair.
True

But also I don’t t recall off the top of my head too many deep shots. Obviously the one where green beat us.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:28 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
True

But also I don’t t recall off the top of my head too many deep shots. Obviously the one where green beat us.
If we get into a shoot out, which seems reasonable to expect this season, we may see more of Hooker doing what he was drafted to do. Andy Dalton and especially Alex Smith are not exactly NFL gunslingers.