ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 05-05-2021, 01:59 PM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I know you're not really saying the scouts have never gotten it wrong before. There are countless examples that show that to be wrong, because there are so many factors that can go wrong with any given prospect. Even the first round of the NFL draft has a 50% bust rate.

So Tyron Smith isn't a good LT? After all, USC played him at RT in college.

That highlight reel illustrates my point.

1) Most of it comes against the dregs of the B1G. None of it is against Ohio State.

2) Every sack is a situation where the OL failed to execute a block or the play got extended and Paye got off the block by chasing the ball and the OL wasn't athletic enough to keep up.

3) No real rush moves to speak of in that highlight reel, and barely any hand usage to get off blocks. Every play on that reel is pure athleticism. I said he's a ball of traits with no rush moves.

4) That's a highlight reel. It doesn't show the bad plays, like the aforementioned play against Penn State.

I hope the defensive coaches can take his traits and maximize them into a feared pass rusher, but Paye is all projection at this point.

Glad you mentioned Ohio State.... You inspired me to go watch that game... Just began the game.... Very first play Paye gets to Justin Fields and bust up the play leading to a sack.. he doesn't get credit for the sack but the sack never happens not for him. Second play they have him in coverage... Fields has no option in middle of field and forces down field into double coverage...... 3rd and long... They double team Paye ( why he is only a project..lol)... Yes they put two lineman on Paye and he still gets in Fields face... Fields makes incredible throw for a TD... Had they left one blocker on Paye he gets to Fields.... I will be watching the rest of the game since this is more of a measuring stick to you.... So far I see what Colts EXPERTS see and not what your basement dwelling ass sees...lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luck4Reich For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (05-05-2021), Spike (05-05-2021)
Old 05-05-2021, 02:08 PM

Several said the coaches didn't know how to use Paye. Interesting on the 2nd drive of the game he wasn't in on the drive until 3rd down.... Yet again he gets in Fields face and incompletion is thrown... 4th down.
The Following User Says Thank You to Luck4Reich For This Useful Post:
Spike (05-05-2021)
Old 05-05-2021, 02:35 PM

Just watched all of the Defensive series of the Ohio State and Michigan game.... Let me start of by saying I'm no expert at breaking down a game and never will claim to be.

But what I noticed is Damn Michigan had a very undersized line or at least looked that way.

Anytime you saw disruptiveness happen, Paye was usually the reason it happened. Had he not been on such a mismatched line he would had 3 sacks in this game alone..jmo.

A play stood out in 4th quarter... Paye is being blocked with help still gets through while being held and still gets to Fields. Fields gets ball out half a second before Paye crushes him to the ground.

He was double teamed a lot.... You can tell the Ohio St coaches were not worried about anyone on that Michigan defense... Except for Paye. Ran opposite side of him a lot as well.

Again I will Never claim to be an expert (leave that for the Dams of the world lol). I can definitely see why our scouts/coaches love him and had him so high on their boards.

Looking forward to him playing in a Colts uniform.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Luck4Reich For This Useful Post:
apballin (05-05-2021), Racehorse (05-05-2021), Spike (05-05-2021), YDFL Commish (05-05-2021)
Old 05-05-2021, 02:53 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck4Reich View Post
Just watched all of the Defensive series of the Ohio State and Michigan game.... Let me start of by saying I'm no expert at breaking down a game and never will claim to be.

But what I noticed is Damn Michigan had a very undersized line or at least looked that way.

Anytime you saw disruptiveness happen, Paye was usually the reason it happened. Had he not been on such a mismatched line he would had 3 sacks in this game alone..jmo.

A play stood out in 4th quarter... Paye is being blocked with help still gets through while being held and still gets to Fields. Fields gets ball out half a second before Paye crushes him to the ground.

He was double teamed a lot.... You can tell the Ohio St coaches were not worried about anyone on that Michigan defense... Except for Paye. Ran opposite side of him a lot as well.

Again I will Never claim to be an expert (leave that for the Dams of the world lol). I can definitely see why our scouts/coaches love him and had him so high on their boards.

Looking forward to him playing in a Colts uniform.
What the fuck Luck4Reich. Don't question dam, he's the fucking expert here. You drunk or what? LOL!

I get it with dam though, he really likes Jenkins and so do I, just not as a LT prospect. Seriously though, dam knows his football, he's just a bit misguided.
Luck4Reich (05-05-2021), Racehorse (05-05-2021)
Old 05-05-2021, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
What the fuck Luck4Reich. Don't question dam, he's the fucking expert here. You drunk or what? LOL!

I get it with dam though, he really likes Jenkins and so do I, just not as a LT prospect. Seriously though, dam knows his football, he's just a bit misguided.
Haha.... Yeah I like Jenkins a lot too and had Ballard taken him I would have been ok with it.... I think Paye is going to be special. Obviously so does Ballard. Damn I'm ready for next season to get here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Luck4Reich For This Useful Post:
Spike (05-05-2021)
Old 05-05-2021, 03:44 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck4Reich View Post
Haha.... Yeah I like Jenkins a lot too and had Ballard taken him I would have been ok with it.... I think Paye is going to be special. Obviously so does Ballard. Damn I'm ready for next season to get here.
Jenkins fell some because of medical issues. So did that Norte Dame linebacker.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Luck4Reich (05-05-2021), Spike (05-06-2021)
Old 05-05-2021, 04:43 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,124 Times in 638 Posts

Look Dam I get it, I was pissed too I watched all these highlights of Tackles on the draft because I was for sure that’s what we were drafting in round 1 or 2 all for nothing so yea fuck you Ballard for that but after it all I really like Paye dudes fast, relentless, and strong I have faith in a Robert Mathis consultant
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
Luck4Reich (05-05-2021), Spike (05-06-2021)
Old 05-05-2021, 08:47 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
Look Dam I get it, I was pissed too I watched all these highlights of Tackles on the draft because I was for sure that’s what we were drafting in round 1 or 2 all for nothing so yea fuck you Ballard for that but after it all I really like Paye dudes fast, relentless, and strong I have faith in a Robert Mathis consultant
There were only 2 good LT's on the board. Sewell and Slater. The rest were projects at the left tackle position. Darrisaw, fuck him, he takes plays off. Don't need that kind of shit on the Colts. I for one was not disapointed we didn't draft a project. Paye can change games for us, none of the rest of these oline guys can. I always look at the big picture, unlike dam. Do we need an upgrade at LT, YES! But you can't reach for one. Ballard needs to sign a free agent there. If he doesn't then I will be the first one there with a pitchfork.
Luck4Reich (05-05-2021), Puck (05-06-2021)
Old 05-06-2021, 12:24 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post

I've never claimed to be an expert of any kind. I watch tape. I get measureable data to compare to the tape. I form opinions. I defend those opinions. If you don't like what I have to say on a player, no one is holding a gun to your head forcing you to read it. This is a fan forum at the end of the day, and one that doesn't limit its posts to rah-rah support. I wouldn't be here if it did. That means when I see something I disagree with, I'm probably going to point it out along with my reasoning for the disagreement. Like, for example, taking Paye over Jenkins. I thought that was a bad move because I think Jenkins could've been a monster LT for the Colts, especially lining up next to Nelson for the next decade, and I don't see Paye amounting to much. I hope Paye proves me wrong and Ballard fixes the roster by getting a LT because I root for the laundry at the end of the day, but I don't like the decision, and I'll dislike it even more if they don't address LT.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
apballin (05-06-2021), Dewey 5 (05-06-2021), smitty46953 (05-06-2021), Spike (05-06-2021), Thorgrim (05-06-2021)
Old 05-06-2021, 04:10 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I've never claimed to be an expert of any kind. I watch tape. I get measureable data to compare to the tape. I form opinions. I defend those opinions. If you don't like what I have to say on a player, no one is holding a gun to your head forcing you to read it. This is a fan forum at the end of the day, and one that doesn't limit its posts to rah-rah support. I wouldn't be here if it did. That means when I see something I disagree with, I'm probably going to point it out along with my reasoning for the disagreement. Like, for example, taking Paye over Jenkins. I thought that was a bad move because I think Jenkins could've been a monster LT for the Colts, especially lining up next to Nelson for the next decade, and I don't see Paye amounting to much. I hope Paye proves me wrong and Ballard fixes the roster by getting a LT because I root for the laundry at the end of the day, but I don't like the decision, and I'll dislike it even more if they don't address LT.
dam, I like your posts. You are one of the best posters on this board. People take shots at you, just like they take shots at me. If you are ever in Central California, let me know, I'll buy you a beer or two. dam, I am with you on Jenkins , I fucking like the guy. But as a guard or right tackle, not as a left tackle. Hey, that's what this board is all about. We can agree to disagree.

Last edited by Spike; 05-06-2021 at 04:19 PM.