ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-02-2021, 08:40 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,608 Times in 934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
DAM!!!!!!!!! Did you listen to Ballards presser? He said NONE were legit LT's!!!!

NONE. NONE...NONE!!!!!! THEY WEREN'T TARGETS

He knows more than you do!!!!

GET OVER IT!!!!
I highly doubt that he thought Rashawn Slater wasn't a LT, and if he did, that means he does have an arm criteria and it's unreasonable. For arms, 33" is what is needed to be a successful OT. A couple of the guys didn't hit the threshold (Carman Jackson and Liam Eichenberg specifically). Teven Jenkins did, and when you combine his testing and tape, passing on him seems like stubbornly sticking to criteria instead of trusting the evaluation. Maybe you're right and there's something in the medicals or character that I don't know about, but people talked about Kwity Paye being a Top 15 talent based on tape and testing (which is absolutely insane to me watching Paye's tape), in my opinion based on testing and tape, Teven Jenkins was a Top 15 talent in this class EASILY. Lining him up next to Nelson for the next decade would've been so fun to watch.

Also, of course he's going to come out and say he didn't really like any of the OTs in the class as LTs after his gamble backfired. Do you really expect him to come out and say "I gambled that one of the OTs worth taking would last to 54 and lost"? Of course he's not going to do that. I do think he was willing to roll those dice because Eric Fisher, Alejandro Villanueva, and Russell Okung still don't have 2021 teams. I doubt he honestly believes Sam Tevi is a starting LT.
Old 05-02-2021, 08:52 PM

Thanked 4,373 Times in 2,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I highly doubt that he thought Rashawn Slater wasn't a LT, and if he did, that means he does have an arm criteria and it's unreasonable. For arms, 33" is what is needed to be a successful OT. A couple of the guys didn't hit the threshold (Carman Jackson and Liam Eichenberg specifically). Teven Jenkins did, and when you combine his testing and tape, passing on him seems like stubbornly sticking to criteria instead of trusting the evaluation. Maybe you're right and there's something in the medicals or character that I don't know about, but people talked about Kwity Paye being a Top 15 talent based on tape and testing (which is absolutely insane to me watching Paye's tape), in my opinion based on testing and tape, Teven Jenkins was a Top 15 talent in this class EASILY. Lining him up next to Nelson for the next decade would've been so fun to watch.

Also, of course he's going to come out and say he didn't really like any of the OTs in the class as LTs after his gamble backfired. Do you really expect him to come out and say "I gambled that one of the OTs worth taking would last to 54 and lost"? Of course he's not going to do that. I do think he was willing to roll those dice because Eric Fisher, Alejandro Villanueva, and Russell Okung still don't have 2021 teams. I doubt he honestly believes Sam Tevi is a starting LT.
You really are stubborn, aren't you?
Old 05-02-2021, 08:56 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
DAM!!!!!!!!! Did you listen to Ballards presser? He said NONE were legit LT's!!!!

GET OVER IT!!!!
He’s watching more film
Old 05-02-2021, 09:20 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,134 Times in 642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post

I honestly feel like they didn’t expect Paye to be there and he made a difficult decision but stuck to his guns

Jenkins is big strong and nasty. Believe me I was pissed about this pick but the more I research the more I agree with it

Paye next to Buckner and Stewart should be just as nasty. Josh allen ran circles around our defense he singlehandedly beat us in the playoffs

Paye is a rare freak at a position of need, he played fucking running back in high school the dude was on the 4*100 track team he put up everson griffin type numbers on his pro day and his sack numbers are low because he played in a run heavy conference

I was pissed now I can’t wait for the first time he slams Henry
The Following User Says Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (05-03-2021)
Old 05-02-2021, 09:42 PM

Thanked 1,282 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:

GET OVER IT!!!!
Yet Ballard thinks that Turnstile Tevi is good. Everyone has their shortcomings, and it looks like OT evaluation could be one of Ballards.
Old 05-02-2021, 09:43 PM

Thanked 1,282 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
I honestly feel like they didn’t expect Paye to be there and he made a difficult decision but stuck to his guns

Jenkins is big strong and nasty. Believe me I was pissed about this pick but the more I research the more I agree with it

Paye next to Buckner and Stewart should be just as nasty. Josh allen ran circles around our defense he singlehandedly beat us in the playoffs

Paye is a rare freak at a position of need, he played fucking running back in high school the dude was on the 4*100 track team he put up everson griffin type numbers on his pro day and his sack numbers are low because he played in a run heavy conference

I was pissed now I can’t wait for the first time he slams Henry
If Paye is so great the why the fuck did he never actually get to the QB in college?
Old 05-02-2021, 10:12 PM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
There are others words besides stubborn that come to mind
Old 05-02-2021, 11:17 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post

I believe there’s some truth in there though. Just my opinion but I think that Ballard was expecting to have better LTs available at 54. When he says “not prototypical LT” I read that as not good enough for 21, but he would have taken one at 54. Unfortunately there was run on LTs and all the decent ones were gone. Ballard chanced it and it didnt roll his way.

Hopefully paye will turn out good for the D, lots in the media seem to think so. I dont watch college football so that’s all I have to go one besides whats been said on this esteemed board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-02-2021, 11:33 PM

For me, whether Ballard miscalculated or he wasn’t as impressed with the options everyone else was is mostly irrelevant. What is relevant is that the team has a huge hole at LT and salary cap space. Does he work to correct the issue this year? Or does the team roll into the season risking their QB because Ballard didn’t find a clear enough win this offseason? That’s where I have had an issue with Ballard’s methods in the past - the constant look to the future at the expense of today. If he signs one of the vets I think there is little to complain about. If he doesn’t then I think there is valid reason to be pissed
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (05-03-2021), Ironshaft (05-02-2021), Spike (05-03-2021)
Old 05-02-2021, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
For me, whether Ballard miscalculated or he wasn’t as impressed with the options everyone else was is mostly irrelevant. What is relevant is that the team has a huge hole at LT and salary cap space. Does he work to correct the issue this year? Or does the team roll into the season risking their QB because Ballard didn’t find a clear enough win this offseason? That’s where I have had an issue with Ballard’s methods in the past - the constant look to the future at the expense of today. If he signs one of the vets I think there is little to complain about. If he doesn’t then I think there is valid reason to be pissed
100% agree.

Lots of complaining on here but we have not seen the finished product yet.

Once we sign a vet OT, we are in great shape for an improved season.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ironshaft For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (05-03-2021), Spike (05-03-2021)