ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-01-2019, 05:50 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Luck worked all offseason, rehabbed through the preseason and he wasnt close to starting. He gave it every thing and it wasnt enough.

Hanging around on the PUP for 6 weeks wasnt going to fix him. When did you want to announce?
Opinions will always vary concerning his retirement and is understandable
Old 12-01-2019, 05:53 PM

I don't have facts to back this up, but I just feel that Luck indicated he wanted to quit at the end of last season and was handled by management. Don't decide yet, give it until summer camp and then decide. If you do that, we'll honor your contract. Like I said, I have no proof it went down like that, but it's possible.
Colt Classic (12-01-2019), Dewey 5 (12-01-2019), Racehorse (12-01-2019)
Old 12-01-2019, 05:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
I don't have facts to back this up, but I just feel that Luck indicated he wanted to quit at the end of last season and was handled by management. Don't decide yet, give it until summer camp and then decide. If you do that, we'll honor your contract. Like I said, I have no proof it went down like that, but it's possible.
Could very well have been the case?
Old 12-01-2019, 05:56 PM

Looking at the remaining 4 games, 7 and 9 is very possible, putting us in the middle of the draft 14 to 17. From there, a trade up to get the QB of your dreams is possible.
Old 12-01-2019, 05:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Looking at the remaining 4 games, 7 and 9 is very possible, putting us in the middle of the draft 14 to 17. From there, a trade up to get the QB of your dreams is possible.
Doubt Bengals will trade and will take Burrow, who knows I just don't want Love...
indycolts2 (12-01-2019)
Old 12-01-2019, 06:08 PM

Quote:
I don't have any inside knowledge - but that's always been my theory. That is that they asked him to hold off on making a "final decision." After Lucks retirement I predicted a 6-10 season. Some koolaid drinkers were picking 10 or 12 wins. Gonna be a long offseason....
Old 12-01-2019, 06:50 PM

Thanked 4,290 Times in 1,755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
any idea why we are in the all whites?
Racists
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
albany ed (12-01-2019), Dewey 5 (12-01-2019)
Old 12-01-2019, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty46953 View Post
Doubt Bengals will trade and will take Burrow, who knows I just don't want Love...
Agreed...who knows maybe Love works out but all I keep hearing is he has everything physical that Mahomes has. Sorry but that doesn't cut it for QB evaluation. Get ready Colts fans because if the great majority of you get what you wish for we could be finding out what many others have been experiencing for the last 20 years. Sucked to get Manning, Lucked into getting Luck and there will be no guarantees coming out this year or 2021 like when Manning/Luck came out.

I do know this...if playoffs are unlikely then Ballard/Reich have to do due diligence and see what Chad Kelly has to offer while getting a chance to play with the ones. He may just be Brissett but I doubt it. Certainly would not perform worse.
Old 12-01-2019, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indycolts2 View Post
Agreed...who knows maybe Love works out but all I keep hearing is he has everything physical that Mahomes has. Sorry but that doesn't cut it for QB evaluation. Get ready Colts fans because if the great majority of you get what you wish for we could be finding out what many others have been experiencing for the last 20 years. Sucked to get Manning, Lucked into getting Luck and there will be no guarantees coming out this year or 2021 like when Manning/Luck came out.

I do know this...if playoffs are unlikely then Ballard/Reich have to do due diligence and see what Chad Kelly has to offer while getting a chance to play with the ones. He may just be Brissett but I doubt it. Certainly would not perform worse.
I see your point. Brissett is not the answer, neither is Hoyer. That means get a new guy in the draft. Play Kelly and if he plays well, you get a QB when you can in the draft. If he sucks, you trade up and get the best you can.
Old 12-01-2019, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty46953 View Post
If the Bengals draft Burrows, could you get Dalton in a trade for a low draft choice?