ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-31-2018, 01:59 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Has that ever been confirmed?
The Bills to move one spot later than the Colts at #6, traded the #12 and both of their 2018 second-round picks at 53 and 56, and they also got back No. 255 for the Bucs #7.

Just assuming they offered the Colts the same deal? I could be wrong, but doubt it... We did not need a QB nor did the Bucs, why would they offer Colts #12 and #22 and not the Bucs for one spot when the guy they wanted was still available? Talking heads were only ones along with forum participants who were suggesting this that I recall.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:33 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,609 Times in 935 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Has that ever been confirmed?
Yes, by the Bills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty46953 View Post
The Bills to move one spot later than the Colts at #6, traded the #12 and both of their 2018 second-round picks at 53 and 56, and they also got back No. 255 for the Bucs #7.

Just assuming they offered the Colts the same deal? I could be wrong, but doubt it... We did not need a QB nor did the Bucs, why would they offer Colts #12 and #22 and not the Bucs for one spot when the guy they wanted was still available? Talking heads were only ones along with forum participants who were suggesting this that I recall.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/h...ey-chubb-fell/

I can't find the article where Beane specifically confirms he offered Ballard 12 and 22, but you tell me what the middle ground between what he offered the Broncos at 5 and what he gave the Bucs at 7 is.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
VeveJones007 (10-31-2018)
Old 10-31-2018, 03:25 PM

Ballard trades back and gets a solid OL for probably the next decade, something sorely needed, plus more picks, gets another starting OL and a MLB who really is a difference maker for the D, another huge area of need for the team., in the second round.....

And people are complaining he didn't get more.

Tough crowd

Even if the Bills reported it, I still never know how real those stories are around draft picks. Polian made all sorts of claims about wanting this pick or that pick or just missing on someone or a trade offer, much of it I think was always him blowing smoke up our asses. Couldn't trust half of it
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
JAFF (10-31-2018), Puck (10-31-2018), Racehorse (11-01-2018), smitty46953 (10-31-2018), Spike (10-31-2018)
Old 10-31-2018, 03:37 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

We have been trying to find a fix for this offensive line for what, 10 12 years. Even when we had a running game it was never like this. When Edge was at his peak he would make moves and plays that left me wondering how he possibly could do that. Now I wonder how we could possibly open up such huge holes. Considering all of the money and draft capital we have invested without anything to show for it fixing it, and fixing it like this, with (in addition to incredible coaching) a number 6 and number 37 draft pick is a steal for this particular club.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Pez (11-01-2018), Puck (10-31-2018), Racehorse (11-01-2018)
Old 10-31-2018, 04:02 PM

Thanked 2,591 Times in 1,154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Yes, by the Bills.

I can't find the article where Beane specifically confirms he offered Ballard 12 and 22, but you tell me what the middle ground between what he offered the Broncos at 5 and what he gave the Bucs at 7 is.

It might be just post-draft spin, but Brandon Beane said afterwards that he was looking for a "reasonable" deal and that DENVER was insisting on 12 and 22 but he didn't agree to that proposal. He also said that he checked in with the Colts and Bucs and both stated they had a guy they targeted and were going to pick unless their guy was off the board. Considering that the Bucs made the trade, I would assume their guy was off the board at 7.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...icks-in-trades
The Following User Says Thank You to AlwaysSunnyinIndy For This Useful Post:
smitty46953 (10-31-2018)
Old 10-31-2018, 04:18 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote:
Yes, by the Bills.

Middle ground was Ballard and the Colts wanted Q Nelson. Seems AlwaysSunnyinIndy found quote by Beane that pretty much says your wrong...

https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...icks-in-trades
Racehorse (11-01-2018)
Old 10-31-2018, 04:22 PM

Thanked 4,284 Times in 1,751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Oh absolutely, BUt I disagree and I dont see another what we would have gotten to this level of production so fast without Nelson for sure. But adding Smith was a super plus. Add that to Kelly who doesnt get enough credit IMO and finally getting AC back makes the whole vision that Ballard/Reich had in mind explode into view.
Glowinski and Slaussen were also very good additions. The oline is fixed We can move on to other areas.

Coaches can say they are gonna protect #12.... these guys pulled it off in their first draft together.

Ballard has already said that next yrs draft is about defense... and said it will be a very top heavy defensive draft. I assume he means as a league and as a team.

In this defense we are probably only about 3 high draft picks/FA's from being a top 5-7 defense.

3Tech Hopefully Lewis
SS need a Bob Sanders
and an edge rush to go along with Lewis when/if he moves outside on passing downs (Ballard already said he would do this) or one of the young guys already on the team. The rest of the D needs upgraded but not all have to be superstars in this defense and it doesnt have to be next yr.. Also need one really good zone/man corner.

Offense.... only thing I see right now is a need at WR. I'm not putting my bets on Caine. Not sure why everyone thinks he will be the for sure #2 behind TY.... Find someone who can move the chains like Reggie did in the 3rd or 4th round and keep feeding the TE's
but there were ways to improve the oline and get a good one without drafting nelson. it is really a pointless argument imo. we needed the oline fixed, and we seem to have it. with depth i might add. i like how Clark stepped up.

we need amost a whole dline. sheard is ok but very replaceable. the interior of the line needs almost completely redone. and turay has shown flashes but thats about it.

we have a huge need at cb. another safety is needed. also could use a replacement to walker. although i do like him.

we have a way to go before we get a top 5 d
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (10-31-2018), VeveJones007 (10-31-2018)
Old 10-31-2018, 04:26 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Yes, by the Bills.

That's how I would read that one source of information as well, but then there's something contradicting it directly from the horse's mouth per Beane's comments in April. I don't think it's fair to take it as fact based on available info.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:27 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
but there were ways to improve the oline and get a good one without drafting nelson. it is really a pointless argument imo. we needed the oline fixed, and we seem to have it. with depth i might add. i like how Clark stepped up.

we need amost a whole dline. sheard is ok but very replaceable. the interior of the line needs almost completely redone. and turay has shown flashes but thats about it.

we have a huge need at cb. another safety is needed. also could use a replacement to walker. although i do like him.

we have a way to go before we get a top 5 d
Yep. The decision was made, so it's better just to look at the outcome. The offensive line is better, but the defense is still pretty terrible. Hopefully Ballard can do a similar overhaul of the defense in 2019 as he did for the OL in 2018.
The Following User Says Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
Puck (10-31-2018)
Old 10-31-2018, 05:29 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Anyone that wants to argue that drafting high for 2 guards didnt equal difference makers are nuts.
"Time is a great thickener of things"

A. Lincoln

If those two guys are starters 8 years from now, Ballard will look like a genius.
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
smitty46953 (10-31-2018)