ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 10-27-2018, 03:57 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
Of course.
Then we agree. Hopefully we see Ballard make a push in 2019 UFA. If he makes good moves, then nothing will have been lost in 2018.
Old 10-27-2018, 09:11 AM

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Then we agree. Hopefully we see Ballard make a push in 2019 UFA. If he makes good moves, then nothing will have been lost in 2018.
I do not know the numbers, but it seems like he is going to have to maintain the Cap floor,
Old 11-12-2018, 02:38 PM

Praise from former offensive lineman Damien Woody concerning the Colts' team building:

https://twitter.com/damienwoody/stat...64433298255872

Quote:
Love the way the @Colts are building their roster...inside out! Might not be sexy but that’s how u win football games
The Following User Says Thank You to Chaka For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (01-21-2019)
Old 11-12-2018, 03:34 PM

Just want to jump back to something concerning a 2019 UFA push--on a recent podcast, Holder said something to the effect of "Ballard has noticed that the team is maybe a step ahead of where he has anticipated, so he's starting to evaluate how much of a push to take in 2019 UFA."
Old 11-12-2018, 04:48 PM

Wanted to post a draft position update as it relates to "the build." Colts and Jets are moving in opposite directions, but right now the Colts have the following top 50 picks:

#37 (via NYJ)

Obviously, the Colts are likely to move down from #12 and #44 in the remaining weeks of the season, but I think we're still looking at a strong possibility of three top 50 picks. After the defensive performances the last few weeks, you have to think Ballard is going to invest heavily in the defense.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:48 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,247 Times in 1,998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post

Thru six games I see hope in several areas on this team. First we are set with the most important and hardest piece to get-quarterback. To me the offensive line looks like they have the players to jell into a dominant force (with what we have invested in this line it needs to become dominant in the next 1-2 years and I think they are on the way) given time and health. Marlon Mack, if he can stay healthy, may be the answer at running back. The second half Sunday was the first time in ages our running game looked like a real running game. Tight ends seem to be good enough for us to compete. The defensive line has some talent. I really think its a good start for the line. Need a stud to elevate everyone's game in my opinion. Hopefully our #1 will be that. We have one linebacker that we can run with, need more. One safety is set, the other (Geathers) I love but injuries. And thankfully corner back is supposed to be a good position in the next draft. The challenge for the coaching staff is to not lose the culture amidst all this losing. Judging the early season as a rebuild, not by wins and losses, I'm pretty satisfied. I'm not saying we are going to make it to the promised land (and after all not knowing is what makes rooting so much fun) but if you look at where we are I don't know how you could honestly say we are on the wrong track. I'm trying to enjoy the rebuild. Honestly cannot do it on Sundays, but later in the week it doesn't look so horrible to me.

o

ALMOST 3 MONTHS LATER ........

This Time, Colts are Winning and Building Simultaneously

(By Gregg Doyel)

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...fs/2496591002/

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 01-11-2019, 11:24 AM
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

This Time, Colts are Winning and Building Simultaneously

(By Gregg Doyel)

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...fs/2496591002/

o
o

Regarding the same subject ........

Colts' Incredible Turnaround Happened Fast, but was No Quick Fix

(By Mike Wells)

http://www.espn.com/blog/indianapoli...s-no-quick-fix

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 01-21-2019, 08:30 PM
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post

Thru six games, I see hope in several areas on this team.

First, we are set with the most important and hardest piece to get ........ the quarterback.

To me, the offensive line looks like they have the players to jell into a dominant force (with what we have invested in this line, it needs to become dominant in the next 1-2 years, and I think they are on the way) given time and health.

Marlon Mack, if he can stay healthy, may be the answer at running back. The second half of Sunday's game was the first time in ages in which our running game looked like a real running game.

The tight ends seem to be good enough for us to compete.

The defensive line has some talent. I really think that it's a good start for the line. We need a stud to elevate everyone's game in my opinion. Hopefully, our #1 draft pick in 2019 will be that.

We have one linebacker that we can run with, need more. One safety is set ........ the other (Geathers) I love, but sustains a good deal of injuries. And thankfully, the cornerback is supposed to be a good position in the next draft.

The challenge for the coaching staff is to not lose the culture amidst all of this losing. Judging the early season as a rebuild (not by wins and losses), I'm pretty satisfied. I'm not saying that we are going to make it to the promised land (and after all, not knowing is what makes rooting so much fun), but if you look at where we are, I don't know how you could honestly say we are on the wrong track. I'm trying to enjoy the rebuild. Frankly, I cannot be this objective on Sundays ........ but later in the week, it doesn't look so horrible to me.

o

When you started this thread the Colts were 1-5 overall, and immediately coming off of a disastrous loss to the Jets.

The team then proceeded to win 10 out of their next 11 games, before falling to the Chiefs in the Divisional round of the playoffs.

This was a thoroughly objective take at a time when many Colts fans were feeling like breaking their TV sets in frustration ........ good call, good thread, and here's to hoping that the "build" continues in 2019 and beyond.

o

Last edited by Colts And Orioles; 01-21-2019 at 08:51 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (01-22-2019)