ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 11-15-2018, 12:16 PM

Good suggestions here for food.

Do you like beer? Indy has a freaking ton of great craft breweries to visit if that's your bag. I can provide a ranked list along with suggestions for nearby food if you're interested.
Old 11-15-2018, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChileColts View Post
Hi Freaks, im excited to shared with you that im going to indy for holidays, i'll be in colts (titans and Dophins) games and pacers (Hawks and Spurs) games and i would appreciate if you can give me some recommendations of places to eat, drink, bars with live music and/or any place that you think is worth knowing.

I have been a reader in this forum for a lot of time (because my english writing wasn't good and Omaha annoyed me for that in every single thread that i posted) and i want feel the experience of a Colt fan in Indy.

Any suggestions, comments, would be appreciated, thanks in advance just for reading me and I hope to represent in a great way all the colts freaks of South America.

ChileColts

PS: I know my english its still not good at all, by im trying to do my best effort.
Just out of curiosity, what caused you to become a Colts fan?
The Following User Says Thank You to NextManUp For This Useful Post:
Puck (11-15-2018)
Old 11-15-2018, 11:46 PM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

You really can't go wrong with downtown Indy anymore. When I was a kid, it was all Steak N Shake and such. A lot of really cool, if overpriced, original and local places to eat and drink now.

JMO, ask anyone from Indy and their opinion will vary...

BEST BURGERS: Tie for me between Bru Burger and Burger Study (both downtown!)

BEST THING THAT'S NOT A BURGER: The pork tenderloin at Steer-Inn. Don't listen to anyone who tells you Mug N Bun is a thing. That's what the dorks who watch Guy Fieri shows and never actually go downtown think. Steer Inn is far better, and a really good neighborhood representation of the city IMO because it's in between like 3 different socioeconomic spheres.

BEST ITALIAN: Mama Carolla's, which is a little north of downtown (what my dude Derek Schultz would call the Midtown area)

BEST DRINKS: Depends on what you're into. If you're a beer guy, check out Sun King for sure. If cocktails are your thing, you really can't go wrong anywhere in Fountain Square or Mass Ave. I like Thunderbird most myself.

BEST CHEAPER FOOD: I think the prices may have gone up recently but the fact that Pearl Street Pizza serves pizza by the slice as good as anything else I've had in Indy used to be my best kept food secret downtown.

BEST THING TO DO BESIDES COLTS GAME: A Pacers game! Hell, you can sit lower level for half the price of a nosebleed seat at a Colts game. It's fun just to walk around Bankers Life itself, and Pacers are a pretty good team this year (starting slow though).

THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT INDY:

1. There is no real public transportation here, unfortunately. Blame years of foot-dragging on a light rail system. I would recommend renting a car. If you don't, though, there are enough Uber and Lyft drivers to get you where you wanna go. TAXIS AREN'T REALLY A THING IN INDY. That caught a lot of people off guard during the Super Bowl, I know. You're not gonna hail a cab in Indy really. Be prepared to use your phone if not driving.

2. Our downtown interstate passthroughs are a fucking mess right now, to the point where people are debating an underground passthrough at this point. Don't be surprised if something is obnoxiously closed or under construction. That's what happens when you have no public transportation and a billion interstates that all interact with a downtown area.

3. Indy is a super safe city, but you'll probably run into some panhandlers or homeless people. No biggie. Don't engage the crazies and you'll be good. I've never had an issue walking around downtown at night. Shit, I walked through the Virginia Ave underpass homeless camp at night once to cut over to Mass Ave and no one bothered me. Northsiders would probably tell you to be careful, but honestly Indy south of 10th Street, east of the White River and inside the 465 belt is as safe as big cities get.

4. If it's really cold, Indy is also a really interconnected city. The convention center connects directly with Lucas Oil now, and there are like a dozen hotels that connect with the convention center, so you can pretty much Skywalk from most downtown locations into Lucas Oil without ever going outside. Or you can not be a pussy too.

5. People in Indy are super nice. Hoosier hospitality is a real thing. If you find a cool-looking tailgate and tell them you came from Chile to see the Colts, guarantee they'll offer you free food and drinks.

But also: football games are football games, so be prepared to see a lot of white trash people who say and do dumb shit, just like you do at any NFL stadium. They're just fatter in the Midwest.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:38 AM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Chile, I hope you take note of how we deal with anything political and avoid any such topics while here unless you want to ruin your tailgate by arguing about politics.
sherck (11-16-2018)
Old 11-16-2018, 11:40 AM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

How did this turn political ?
Puck (11-16-2018), Racehorse (11-16-2018)
Old 11-16-2018, 12:48 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty46953 View Post
How did this turn political ?
Exactly. People are ruining Chile post. I’ll just move all those posts to the other thread
smitty46953 (11-16-2018)
Old 11-16-2018, 01:42 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

BTW Chile We will be at the game also...
Old 11-16-2018, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
BTW Chile We will be at the game also...
Section 223 every week here
The Following User Says Thank You to Wyatt For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (11-17-2018)
Old 11-16-2018, 06:06 PM

I will be there rocking the 87 Jersey! Reg-gie, Reg-gie!!!!
Old 11-16-2018, 10:45 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

I would add, that if you are staying downtown, you can walk to a lot of the places listed in the previous posts.

I would actually say that walking and Uber would be the preferred methods of transportation.