ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-18-2017, 10:04 AM

I can't believe we are having this conversation. If these young guys are led to think it's ok to lose now for a better draft pick you will NEVER turn that thinking around. A culture of losing breeds more losing. With good talent assessment and a smart approach to free agency Ballard will have plenty of opportunity to rebuild this roster in the next few years. It's not going to be a quick fix. I see NO scenario where Pagano is back next year. I think the ONLY question is if he's a mid season fire. As for Andrew I hope he's back for the 49s week 5. It's not like he doesn't benefit from playing just because it's a weak roster. He still needs to work on his decision making and can take the next step in his development. He's got some pretty considerable rust to work off. It may be a crappy season but this fan girl will continue to watch every crappy minute. I admit it. I'm addicted.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:08 AM

Thanked 1,195 Times in 527 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
I can't believe we are having this conversation. If these young guys are led to think it's ok to lose now for a better draft pick you will NEVER turn that thinking around. A culture of losing breeds more losing. With good talent assessment and a smart approach to free agency Ballard will have plenty of opportunity to rebuild this roster in the next few years. It's not going to be a quick fix. I see NO scenario where Pagano is back next year. I think the ONLY question is if he's a mid season fire. As for Andrew I hope he's back for the 49s week 5. It's not like he doesn't benefit from playing just because it's a weak roster. He still needs to work on his decision making and can take the next step in his development. He's got some pretty considerable rust to work off. It may be a crappy season but this fan girl will continue to watch every crappy minute. I admit it. I'm addicted.
The Colts have no need to intentionally try to lose; our talent level dictates at this point that we will lose most of our games without 3 of our best players on the field (Luck, Kelly, Davis).

All management needs to do is make sure they don't hit the field until mid-season to "ensure" that they are 100% healthy and play a TON of rookies and young players and you are well on your way to a top ten/five draft pick.

No need to try to lose. We will do so naturally with the lack of NFL talent and Clappy McWoodchopper coaching.

Walk Worthy,
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
kitekrazy (09-18-2017), Maniac (09-19-2017), VeveJones007 (09-18-2017)
Old 09-18-2017, 10:13 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

While it was great seeing some signs of life in the defense it worries the hell out of me that Pagano is going to somehow survive another year. We came out playing well (not sure how that happened) but Pagano is completely unable to make any in game adjustments. It's nauseating having this very nice man as our coach.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
The Colts have no need to intentionally try to lose; our talent level dictates at this point that we will lose most of our games without 3 of our best players on the field (Luck, Kelly, Davis).

All management needs to do is make sure they don't hit the field until mid-season to "ensure" that they are 100% healthy and play a TON of rookies and young players and you are well on your way to a top ten/five draft pick.

No need to try to lose. We will do so naturally with the lack of NFL talent and Clappy McWoodchopper coaching.

Walk Worthy,

If they aren't healthy that's fine but if they are and management is intentionally holding them out the locker room will understand that and lose respect for their leadership. It's not a winning strategy in the long term. They are all well paid professionals. Professionals want to follow leaders that always strive to win.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (09-18-2017)
Old 09-18-2017, 10:21 AM

I don't believe football teams ever really tank the season. They may not play with high emotion when they're pretty sure the opposition is better, but they still play hard.

As a fan, I always want to see my team win, but this year began with my expectations much lowered. When Luck is playing or before him when Manning was the QB, every week, you expected to win. So, when the team lost, it hurt. This year? Not so much. Play to win, but play the young guys, the ones that will be with the team next year. Let them get experience in a year when the playoffs are not in the cards. Next year, a new head coach, a healthy Luck, a young defense with some experience, a few FA acquisitions in critical areas, and a solid draft may get the team back to the playoffs.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:42 AM

Tanking has nothing to do with the players not trying to win. It instead is "Management" making decisions that may have long term interest in mind over winning today. Those decisions include;

Not playing Luck, playing rookies, moving AC to Right Tackle, not playing anyone that is injured even though they could play, etc.

We are not making the playoffs this year. A pick at 1,2 or even 3 could go a long way to this team getting really good, really fast.

Top priority for next year is a LEFT TACKLE.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:01 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Indystu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMichael557 View Post
Tanking has nothing to do with the players not trying to win. It instead is "Management" making decisions that may have long term interest in mind over winning today. Those decisions include;

Not playing Luck, playing rookies, moving AC to Right Tackle, not playing anyone that is injured even though they could play, etc.

We are not making the playoffs this year. A pick at 1,2 or even 3 could go a long way to this team getting really good, really fast.

I single high round daft pick in itself will not elevate this team.
I combination of quality draft picks (not with Pags), developing the talent we have (not with Pags), decent FA pickups (not with Pags), good game planning (not with Pags), good in game adjustments (not with Pags) and maybe some Luck.

Stu
Old 09-18-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:

We don't know what's going on with Luck, but I think it's critical that he play this year, so the team can assess his health. The team needs to know if Luck comes back 100%. If he's damaged goods, then Darnold could be the draft choice.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:30 AM

Thanked 4,282 Times in 1,750 Posts

Quote:

You aren't moving AC to right tackle this year.

Luck plays if healthy. No question about that.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:48 AM

As stated we need a pick at 1,2 or 3 because we can then trade that pick and still get a LT if we can stay in the top ten. We then get extra picks. First Priority is finally fixing the OL. We need an LT and at least a Guard if AC can play RT.

I do not know why we cannot move AC to right tackle now to see if he can play the position. He is terrible at LT so a replacement can only be as bad.

If AC cannot play Right Tackle when we will needs to move on.

If luck plays this year behind our current OL then he will be having a new surgery this off season.