ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-22-2019, 09:10 PM

Thanked 4,291 Times in 1,756 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Just looked at the remaining schedules. If we win out we are still win the division. If we lose one it's coming down to the last week like last yr. assuming thexicans lose to the cheats next week and we assume we lose to the saints
We aren’t winning out with this qb
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (11-22-2019)
Old 11-22-2019, 09:17 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
It's funny how quickly opinions change around here. One week, the OL is da bomb, but if they have one bad game, they're over-rated. JB has a stellar game, throwing 4 TDs and it's let's hope we can lock him up without breaking the bank. Marlin Mack is awesome, Marlin Mack is too fragile.

Bottom line, all these players are human and they have good and bad games. I saw Nelson whiff on a key block that would have resulted in a huge run had he made it. It doesn't mean he sucks, it was just one play. There is not a single player in the NFL that doesn't have some shitty plays during each game. It's too early to write JB off, but I do agree he has flaws. If the right opportunity comes along, I agree with finding a better option, but not at the cost of a block busting trade to move up on draft day. This team still has way too many holes to fill and depth to attain.

I still believe this team can make the playoffs, but without Luck, I never thought they could go far and I still don't. I'm just enjoying what we have, a good coach, a great GM, and a lot of youth with bright futures. It could be a lot worse, I live in NY and most of my friends are either Giants or Jets fans.
Way too much common sense, but wll said
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
smitty46953 (11-22-2019)
Old 11-23-2019, 03:08 AM

Quote:
I think the jury is still out on Brissett. Right now, he's the best we've got, but IMO, that doesn't say much. I wouldn't go all in to get one of the top three QBs, but if Ballard saw something in a QB worth taking in the first or second round, I hope he goes for it.
We are well positioned to take a high end development QB - a 2nd or 3rd rounder, possibly even a late 1st rounder. Brissett is under contract for one more year, and Hoyer can be cut after this season with minimal cap impact (unfortunately, this decision needs to be made in March, a month before the draft). Tua maybe?
Old 11-23-2019, 09:58 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
We are well positioned to take a high end development QB - a 2nd or 3rd rounder, possibly even a late 1st rounder. Brissett is under contract for one more year, and Hoyer can be cut after this season with minimal cap impact (unfortunately, this decision needs to be made in March, a month before the draft). Tua maybe?
Tua is the guy to drop according to all the buzz now. I just don’t see it happening draft day. If you think he is a franchise QB and he just needs a redshirt year. Some team will be ok with that and take him.
Old 11-23-2019, 12:07 PM

I saw one mock draft that has the Colts drafting Jacob Eason in the 1st round.
Old 11-23-2019, 01:51 PM

Thanked 2,257 Times in 1,216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
Injury or not Tua will still be a 1st round pick. I like the thought of taking a guy in the 2nd or 3rd though.

I'm convinced that Jalen Hurts should be that guy. He has the perfect temperament, maturity and work ethic to be the next Lamar Jackson.
Old 11-23-2019, 05:24 PM
Post whore

Quote:
I saw one mock draft that has the Colts drafting Jacob Eason in the 1st round.
Needs development. But has all the intangibles. Big arm, height, size.
Old 11-23-2019, 05:29 PM

Thanked 1,250 Times in 701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Needs development. But has all the intangibles. Big arm, height, size.
I like his measurables as well. 6’6” with powerful arm and decent mobility is a great foundation.
Old 11-23-2019, 05:35 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgrim View Post
I like his measurables as well. 6’6” with powerful arm and decent mobility is a great foundation.
Utah defense destroyed him though. He folded badly under pressure. However Utah defense may be one of the best in the country.
Old 11-23-2019, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Utah defense destroyed him though. He folded badly under pressure. However Utah defense may be one of the best in the country.
He had a bad game, but still threw 4 TDs