ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-25-2022, 11:25 AM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
I think Bradley is more at fault than Reich. He places emphasis on familiarity and protypical size, rather than play making ability.

After 2 weeks are the defensive players already souring on Bradley?

Clearly Rodgers is the better player and has done nothing but make plays when on the field.
Good call out and I can see it for sure, he does appear to be that guy.

I will again push that beyond Bradley however. At some point Frank's job is to make changes vs doing the same shit. Seems to be one of his worst traits is just ridding with shit that doesn't work vs demanding change. Simply seems to be way too complacent for my liking.
Old 09-25-2022, 11:39 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

I don't for a second believe it is Bradly's 'fault'. He is doing what he was hired to do and doing it badly. The whole organization has this mindset. It is rotten from Irsay on down. Nobody is accountable in any real day to day. I am sure it is Bradley's decision not to play Rogers but he sits in an organization where that kind of idiotic decision seems to be supported by the organization, otherwise how the hell does he make it? It is hard to stomach this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (09-25-2022)
Old 10-03-2022, 11:46 AM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Hines touched the ball for the 1st time with 5 mins to go in the 3rd Qtr.
He was on the field for 21 snaps= 32% of the offensive snaps.

This guy looked destined for greatness. Has shown snippets of being dynamic. He was regarded as a potential Darren Sproles clone. Last year his lack of involvement was blamed on Wentz. No, his lack of involvement is either because he suddenly sucks at football, or because his head coach is a fucking moron; I am going with option # 2!

Oh and there were 3 players that got less snaps than Hines. Dulin and Strachan were two of those 3. The other, none other than Woods who logged a whopping 15 snaps. Ya know, the guy who scored 2 TD's the week prior, that looks like he could be a truly special player, who is huge, fast, and appears to be good at football, yeah he got 15 snaps.

Frank Reich is the biggest problem this team has by a wide margin!

FRANK REICH FUCKING SUCKS!
The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
Ironshaft (10-03-2022)
Old 10-03-2022, 12:27 PM

I have never been an overact knee jerk kind of guy. I have never been the one to say fire a coach during the season, but I will admit after last year and start of this year I can get on board with it.

Start playing all young guys, and trade some players of value for draft picks, and hire someone who knows what to do with those draft picks. Ballard is excellent at evaluating certain positions, but is woefully horrible at some key ones.
Oldcolt (10-03-2022)
Old 10-03-2022, 04:15 PM
Accidental Administrator

I don't think we need to fire Reich yet. I think taking the play calling out of his hands makes a lot of sense.

We seriously can't run a screen, the kind of play that Hines (and our OL) is built for. When we are throwing a 0 yard pass to an unprotected WR, we should not be exactly wondering how they sniffed it out, they just tackled the guy in front of them.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
Old 10-03-2022, 04:30 PM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
I don't think we need to fire Reich yet. I think taking the play calling out of his hands makes a lot of sense.

We seriously can't run a screen, the kind of play that Hines (and our OL) is built for. When we are throwing a 0 yard pass to an unprotected WR, we should not be exactly wondering how they sniffed it out, they just tackled the guy in front of them.
Haha! I remember yesterday thinking "How come every team we face has screens go for 20 yards and ours are usually for -2?
The Following User Says Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (10-03-2022)
Old 10-03-2022, 05:11 PM
Accidental Administrator

I dont hear about Mike Lopresti much on this board, but my local newspaper picks him Up usually every week, he had a great bit today:

Quote:
[Quoting Frank Reich] "Still feel our goals are out in front of us, I feel like we're seeing some things we want to see, We just need to play better, we need to execute better, we need to stop turning the ball over, we need to get more turnovers, we need to run the ball a little bit better and start faster"

Other than that, bring On the Super Bowl

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
Old 10-03-2022, 05:23 PM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
I dont hear about Mike Lopresti much on this board, but my local newspaper picks him Up usually every week, he had a great bit today:
so you are saying we need to be better?
Old 10-03-2022, 05:45 PM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
so you are saying we need to be better?
heh... no, just encouraging people to subscribe to the Journal-Gazette before all the newspapers die....

Here's a Link to the article:

https://www.journalgazette.net/sport...53cce7996.html

It looks like it's behind a paywall, but just hit the x and you can read it anyway.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (01-01-2023)
Old 01-01-2023, 05:09 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,271 Times in 2,018 Posts

o

In my rat's ass of an opinion, a clone of Bill Walsh or Vince Lombardi wouldn't be able to do a lot with this team ...... the offensive line, in particular ...... with them blocking for the QB's and the RB's, it really doesn't matter what kind of plays you call, and/or how often you call them.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck