ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-12-2023, 11:26 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
I believe it's on Indy's CBS 4.
Yes it is
Old 08-12-2023, 11:41 AM

Thanked 1,324 Times in 748 Posts

I signed up for Puck's TV Service yesterday, and my first impression is holy fucking shit it's awesome! Already kicking myself for not doing so sooner. I can't believe how many series are available! And I was super happy that Bally Sports OH is included so I can watch my Reds (there's also other MLB options as well).

The setup was super easy as the setup instructions sent out were easy to follow. I did get a weird error a couple hours after setup, but I restarted my Firestick and cleared the cache per the troubleshooting instructions and it's worked fine ever since.

I'll probably have some questions for you guys on some things, but for now I'm all set and happy. Really looking fwd to watching my a Colts preseason game from home in a long time

Thanks Puck!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (08-20-2023), Puck (08-12-2023), smitty46953 (08-12-2023)
Old 09-08-2023, 02:18 PM

Hey Freaks,

Couple of questions on the service. You can't record anything live, correct? Think I read Puck saying that somewhere you can't b/c of legal reasons.

Also, does one of the channels replay the games during the week (one of the NFL network channels, etc.)?

My brother in law is trying to fuck up my football watching plans on Sunday, and I want to see if there's any replay/record options before I tell him I'm not available on Sunday.

Thanks in advance
Old 09-08-2023, 03:08 PM

I just talked to Ashley and for some reason there was a hold or something put on and I couldn’t get signed up I guess. That’s what I get for being a procrastinator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2023, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalbert View Post
I just talked to Ashley and for some reason there was a hold or something put on and I couldn’t get signed up I guess. That’s what I get for being a procrastinator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That doesn't sound good
Old 09-09-2023, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
Hey Freaks,

Couple of questions on the service. You can't record anything live, correct? Think I read Puck saying that somewhere you can't b/c of legal reasons.

Also, does one of the channels replay the games during the week (one of the NFL network channels, etc.)?

My brother in law is trying to fuck up my football watching plans on Sunday, and I want to see if there's any replay/record options before I tell him I'm not available on Sunday.

Thanks in advance
A. No, you cannot record; there is no DVR function.

The work around my son used was to set up his laptop sitting in front of the TV recording the live broadcast in his college dorm room when he could not be there for a live game and then watched the game off his laptop later.

B. It does not carry the specific NFL channels. The way you watch the games is that it carries 600 local channels from across the nation and one of them will be carrying a specific NFL game live.

Hope this helps. While I got it in order to watch the Colts games, we use the video libraries and local stations a ton more during the year. It is a great value.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ironshaft For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (09-10-2023), Colts And Orioles (09-09-2023), IndyNorm (09-09-2023)
Old 09-09-2023, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironshaft View Post
A. No, you cannot record; there is no DVR function.

The work around my son used was to set up his laptop sitting in front of the TV recording the live broadcast in his college dorm room when he could not be there for a live game and then watched the game off his laptop later.

B. It does not carry the specific NFL channels. The way you watch the games is that it carries 600 local channels from across the nation and one of them will be carrying a specific NFL game live.

Hope this helps. While I got it in order to watch the Colts games, we use the video libraries and local stations a ton more during the year. It is a great value.
Thanks for the response. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I was missing from Catch Up function or if one of the numerous sports channels wasn't one of them where the games were replayed. I believe it has the Sunday Ticket feeds as well (or at least it did Thur. night), but to your point that's the same as watching one of the local channels. Also, a moot point for now as my conflict w/ my brother in law was moved to next Sat., so I'm freed up to watch the game in peace now.

Agree on it being a great value. I've had it ~month and love it so far as I've been able to watch some movies and watch/finish a couple of series that I would have needed to subscribe/resubscribe to some streaming services I didn't want to in order to do so. Also, I've been able to watch my Reds a couple of times when they weren't on the local Bally's sports channel!
Old 09-10-2023, 09:41 AM

I've had the service for over a year now, and the only problem I've had is it seems to buffer a lot.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to njcoltfan For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (09-10-2023), Colts And Orioles (09-10-2023)
Old 09-10-2023, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcoltfan View Post
I've had the service for over a year now, and the only problem I've had is it seems to buffer a lot.
If you can, upgrade your wifi routers.

When we had older WiFi 5 routers, we got a ton of buffering.

When we moved three months ago, we upgraded to the new FireSticks 4k Max with WiFi 6 and got a WiFi 6 mesh and the buffering has gone completely away.

You are serving video over WiFi which is one of the most demanding tasks a network can perform.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ironshaft For This Useful Post:
Puck (09-18-2023)
Old 09-18-2023, 09:09 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

Just letting everyone know that I have taken over the TV service from the original owner as of tomorrow. I was just a dealer up until now.

So those of you that were waiting to get your service renewed you should be able to this week in time for football.

I will only be offering 2 service. One is TV only and the other is TV/Movies/Series

I will update when everything is set up so that you can get your orders in. And I will post any changes to the pricing if necessary.

Most of you do not have the newest service which is a lot better than anything we have offered in the past

For those that already have service, it will continue as normal until your next billing. At that time you will need to switch to one of these two services.

Let me know if you have any questions.
bigalbert (09-19-2023), CletusPyle (09-18-2023), Colts And Orioles (09-18-2023), dwilli57 (09-18-2023), omahacolt (09-19-2023), Racehorse (09-19-2023), red raindog (09-20-2023)