ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 12-03-2019, 06:07 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy View Post
I would throw the Chargers in the mix as well.

Rivers is in the final year of his contract.

There have been rumblings that the Chargers are ready to move on. The team has scouted the top QB's in the draft the last several years and haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Rivers has also discussed the possibility of retiring or playing for other teams next year. More recently, he has stated he would prefer to stay with the Chargers but previously he had named a few teams that were on his radar.
There was a Brady to the Chargers rumor as well.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:11 AM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

If JB goes down again does Reich see what Kelly can do or march Hoyers dumb ass out? This has been such a frustrating season. At this point dont sit back and keep doing the same. That's what Pagano did with his chopped wood shit.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck4Reich View Post
If JB goes down again does Reich see what Kelly can do or march Hoyers dumb ass out? This has been such a frustrating season. At this point dont sit back and keep doing the same. That's what Pagano did with his chopped wood shit.
I would definitely like to see what Kelly can do. I doubt it’s much, but at this point in the season it would be good to find out. Don’t think you can bench Brissett to do it though. He’s still likely your starter next year. But if he gets hurt there is no reason Hoyer should see the field over Kelly at this point.
Old 12-04-2019, 02:13 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck4Reich View Post
They would put Hoyer in
Old 12-04-2019, 02:21 PM

Thanked 1,238 Times in 694 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
They would put Hoyer in
They are fools.
Old 12-04-2019, 03:09 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,248 Times in 1,999 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

After a relatively promising start to the season at 5-2, the Colts have lost 4 out of their last 5 games ........ subsequently, unless they run the table and finish at 10-6 overall (which is unlikely, particularly because one of their opponents is the Saints), they seem destined to miss the post-season.

That said, the Colts being 6-6 after 12 games in spite of the fact that Andrew Luck unexpectedly retired just prior to the start of the season tells me that Chris Ballard wasn't just paying lip service in regard to building a complete team that is not overly-reliant on one player (a direct reference to Andrew Luck) ........ the fact that we're all pissed about the team shitting the bed in several of their recent games is a good thing, for the fact that we had our hopes and expectations on a playoff berth more than halfway into the season is a marked difference between the last 2 times in which the Colts went an entire season without their star quarterback ........ when they went 4-12 in 2017 without Andrew Luck, and when they went 2-14 in 2011 without Peyton Manning.

So the team (and the individual players) deserve every bit of criticism that they have been getting lately ........ but just the fact that they are being criticized as though they ought to be 8-4 or 9-3 instead of 6-6 speaks volumes.

o
o

Reich has kept the Colts in the AFC playoff mix despite quarterback Andrew Luck retiring two weeks before the start of the season and injuries to receivers T.Y. Hilton, Parris Campbell, and Devin Funchess, running back Marlon Mack, and tight end Eric Ebron. The Colts have faltered, losing four of their past five games, but they still have a chance to make the playoffs despite all of their issues this season.

Mike Wells (Colts Reporter)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...safe-get-fired

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 12-04-2019, 04:17 PM
Accidental Administrator

Hmmm.... I would say our changes are 3-4% and that is being generous. I think there's less than a 10% chance we win out, then a 30-40% chance we will get the help we need.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
Old 12-04-2019, 06:03 PM

Eli Manning is starting this week for the Giants. He can thrust himself into a desirable position in free agency if he can have a kick ass game.
Old 12-04-2019, 06:21 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,248 Times in 1,999 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post

Hmmm ........ I would say our changes are 3-4%, and that is being generous. I think that there's less than a 10% chance we win out, then a 30-40% chance we will get the help we need.

o

I would agree that the Colts' chances at a playoff berth are slim and none.

The loss to the Texans hurt, but was not devastating ........ the loss to the Titans was devastating. Prior to the Titans game, the Colts had some leeway to finish at 10-6 because they only had one daunting opponent left on their schedule (the Saints.) Now they have no leeway, and they have to beat the Saints to finish at 10-6.

All of that said, I think that the percentage of Colts fan that thought that the team would be 6-6 after 12 games right after Andrew Luck announced his retirement just prior to the start of the season was probably about 3-4% ........ and the percentage of Colts fans who thought that they would be tied for 1st place after 10 games (6-4) with wins over the Texans and the Chiefs already in the bag was even smaller than that.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-04-2019)
Old 12-04-2019, 09:23 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Kelley will never start for the Colts outside of preseason.

He is nothing compared to what the Colts are about.

Not happening. Y’all want on that bandwagon Colts.com. Loves him

You guys are smarter than that