ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-16-2018, 02:19 PM

Thanked 4,404 Times in 2,531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
You're all really this okay with becoming what you hate?
Maybe, just maybe, he won't do it here because it won't be acceptable.
Old 01-16-2018, 03:02 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
\
iuytr[plokjd
\
Jesus man, get a grip. I hate misogynists, racists, losing football and anyone who wants to fuck with me or my country. I root against the Patriots but believe they are made up of law abiding (mostly) US citizens. And I am totally OK with bringing some of their culture (ie see winning big) over here. I want to be the most hated team in football. To get there you have to win big and a lot over time. I hate losing, I'm getting older and want to see my team dominate and I really don't give a shit if anybody is pissed because they aren't doing it the way they want them to.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
dwilli57 (01-16-2018), VeveJones007 (01-16-2018), YDFL Commish (01-16-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 03:28 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
I wasn't crazy about the McDaniels hire at first (he failed in Denver because he seemed to be an asshole. usually once an asshole always an asshole in my experience) but am beginning to believe this was another instance of me not knowing what i was talking about. Ballard seems to have courted this guy for the last year and believes they have the same football philosophy. Having everyone pulling the same way is essential for our teams growth and long term success. I don't know that Grigson/Pagono even had a football philosophy. So I love the way that Ballard goes about his and the Colts business. There is enough here for me to actually look forward to the draft and next year. It's always a crapshoot when you hire a new coach, but I like our odds with Ballard at the helm.
Very well said. I don’t know why some people have to immediately love or hate the hire. The reality is that we have no clue either way. We have to wait to see the results.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
Maniac (01-16-2018), rcubed (01-16-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 03:51 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

I'm not a fan of cheating.

But I'm not a fan of drug abuse (Irsay, Lavon Brazill x2, Jaimie Thomas) or cheating via PEDs (Mathis, DQ Jackson, Arthur Jones, Landry x3!!, Weslye Saunders) either. Or of players that beat their spouses or children. Or that get drunk and fight in clubs or get arrested for firearm possession. Does that mean I should just stop watching football? Because there's not a team in the NFL I can root for that hasn't had some sort of ethical or moral issue in the last 10 years. Can you reasonably elevate taping signals over domestic abuse or roids in terms of "wanting to avoid hypocrisy"?

I don't like the Pats. I don't know that I hate them anymore because a lot of the hated players are gone and we haven't really been rivals for a long time. Hate is emotional, not rational, and for me it's not there anymore. I can see being wary of McDaniels. He was pretty bad in Denver. And he probably directed his staff to try to cheat by taping signals. His one year in STL was terrible.

But you can't ignore the potential good. We can't know what is in his mind or heart so he may still be an asshole, but the BR story on him indicates he may have learned some lessons from his awful years in Denver and STL. And his development of Brady, Cassel, Garropolo, and Brisset seems pretty clear. The offenses he's overseen directly address many of the problems ours has had for years. Luck has the most potential a QB prospect has had in years, but he's not getting there by himself. And we're not getting anywhere without Luck.

I will trust Ballard until I have a reason not to. I like many of the moves he's made, and many of the things he's said. So I trust him if he hires McDaniels. Maybe it'll crash and burn but I don't think so.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FatDT For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-16-2018), rcubed (01-16-2018), VeveJones007 (01-16-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 04:34 PM

Thanked 1,197 Times in 528 Posts

Quote:
Adam V worked out pretty well for us.

Walk Worthy,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
Indiana V2 (01-16-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 04:36 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,642 Times in 951 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
Adam V worked out pretty well for us.

Walk Worthy,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
That's a player. Who wasn't involved in the cheating. Much different than a coach who clearly has no qualms with instituting the same type of system Belicheat uses.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:57 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Maybe, just maybe, he won't do it here because it won't be acceptable.
Yeah, okay. I'm sure Belicheat stopped, too. Because they're such swell guys, and all.
Old 01-16-2018, 05:15 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
I'm not a fan of cheating.

But I'm not a fan of drug abuse (Irsay, Lavon Brazill x2, Jaimie Thomas) or cheating via PEDs (Mathis, DQ Jackson, Arthur Jones, Landry x3!!, Weslye Saunders) either. Or of players that beat their spouses or children. Or that get drunk and fight in clubs or get arrested for firearm possession. Does that mean I should just stop watching football? Because there's not a team in the NFL I can root for that hasn't had some sort of ethical or moral issue in the last 10 years. Can you reasonably elevate taping signals over domestic abuse or roids in terms of "wanting to avoid hypocrisy"?

I don't like the Pats. I don't know that I hate them anymore because a lot of the hated players are gone and we haven't really been rivals for a long time. Hate is emotional, not rational, and for me it's not there anymore. I can see being wary of McDaniels. He was pretty bad in Denver. And he probably directed his staff to try to cheat by taping signals. His one year in STL was terrible.

But you can't ignore the potential good. We can't know what is in his mind or heart so he may still be an asshole, but the BR story on him indicates he may have learned some lessons from his awful years in Denver and STL. And his development of Brady, Cassel, Garropolo, and Brisset seems pretty clear. The offenses he's overseen directly address many of the problems ours has had for years. Luck has the most potential a QB prospect has had in years, but he's not getting there by himself. And we're not getting anywhere without Luck.

I will trust Ballard until I have a reason not to. I like many of the moves he's made, and many of the things he's said. So I trust him if he hires McDaniels. Maybe it'll crash and burn but I don't think so.
It's about affecting the competition on the field. All of the people you named made bad decisions, and I'm not saying a person who makes a bad decision doesn't deserve a second chance, but only the ones who took PEDs are a problem. Most of those players were hated here anyway. Signal stealing via videotaping is a clear violation of the rules, and Belicheat not only broke that rule, he then decided to use his team as "payback" to the league that he was caught cheating, and the likelihood that he isn't still doing it is about the same as the likelihood that Peyton Manning will be under center for the Colts next year. McDaniels carried it with him to Denver, and did it enough to get caught himself. Clearly, there's no remorse in this for them, maybe they don't even think they're doing anything wrong. But they're breaking the rules designed to make the competition on the field fair. If you're not even going to have a fair competition, what's the point of having a competition at all? I thought about the rosiest scenario with McDaniels as head coach; several division titles, constant playoff contention, multiple Super Bowl wins, and the thought that kept running through my mind was "So what? It's not like they earned it." That's the problem, even winning is losing, unless you just really don't care about the game at all, in which case, enjoy any fraudulent success that may happen, but you'll all be Cheats fans at the end of it.
Old 01-16-2018, 05:51 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
It's about affecting the competition on the field. All of the people you named made bad decisions, and I'm not saying a person who makes a bad decision doesn't deserve a second chance, but only the ones who took PEDs are a problem. Most of those players were hated here anyway. Signal stealing via videotaping is a clear violation of the rules, and Belicheat not only broke that rule, he then decided to use his team as "payback" to the league that he was caught cheating, and the likelihood that he isn't still doing it is about the same as the likelihood that Peyton Manning will be under center for the Colts next year. McDaniels carried it with him to Denver, and did it enough to get caught himself. Clearly, there's no remorse in this for them, maybe they don't even think they're doing anything wrong. But they're breaking the rules designed to make the competition on the field fair. If you're not even going to have a fair competition, what's the point of having a competition at all? I thought about the rosiest scenario with McDaniels as head coach; several division titles, constant playoff contention, multiple Super Bowl wins, and the thought that kept running through my mind was "So what? It's not like they earned it." That's the problem, even winning is losing, unless you just really don't care about the game at all, in which case, enjoy any fraudulent success that may happen, but you'll all be Cheats fans at the end of it.
I once felt this way, but then I gradually realized it was naive. Every pro sports team tries to gain a leg up in one form or another. In the end, you could find something in every organization to shine a negative light on. I’m sure there were many players and coaches that you’re a fan of who are guilty of something.

At the end of the day, we have an easy way to judge team performance: standings and championships.
Old 01-16-2018, 06:30 PM

Quote:
I don’t remember you shunning Mathis after the PED suspension.