ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-07-2022, 12:20 AM

Thanked 1,649 Times in 790 Posts
Default Instant Reaction

-Fuck Thursday Night Football. Short week exacerbates injuries, and when you gain even more during the game, it's a shit show.

-OL change was necessary, but again, short week hurts that.

-You have to be prepared for Raimann to take lumps. Two of his penalties were BS. Seemed to settle in. He needs his ass kicked.

-Matt Pryor cannot play OT. Put his gigantic ass at RG, if anywhere.

-The only reason I'm not ready to bench Pryor is because of how Pinter played in his natural position. Way better than at guard. I can only hope Pryor at RG might be better. But Ryan will never settle down with Pryor out there scaring the shit out of him.

-I said in the gameday thread: I don't know how to evaluate Ryan due to the weak spots in the O-line. Still bad until the end. Fumbles are inexcusable.

-Offense at the end and overtime looked way different. Got some running lanes and Granson, Campbell, and especially Pierce made plays.

-Ryan leaned on Pierce. He gives me hope.

-McLaughlin proved his worth tonight. 4/4, two 50+'s and a 48 yarder in OT.

-Defense deserved a win. Not perfect, but good.

-Buckner was a motherfucker and Gilmore iced DEN twice.

-Rodney Thomas looks like a find.

-Really sucks for Kwity. Notice DEN's run production after he went out.

-Isaiah Rodgers plays bigger than he is. Some good tackles tonight.

-Denver has to remind you of us. You know Russell Wilson is a good QB and he/they looked pretty bad. Granted, both offenses were up against good defenses. But it's not just us. Going to take some patience at best.

-Question the play call for DEN, but I would want my team to go for the win in OT.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
CanuckColt (10-07-2022), Chromeburn (10-07-2022), CletusPyle (10-07-2022), Colts And Orioles (10-07-2022), omahacolt (10-07-2022), Spike (10-07-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 12:35 AM

Thanked 2,253 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
-Fuck Thursday Night Football. Short week exacerbates injuries, and when you gain even more during the game, it's a shit show.

-OL change was necessary, but again, short week hurts that.

-You have to be prepared for Raimann to take lumps. Two of his penalties were BS. Seemed to settle in. He needs his ass kicked.

-Matt Pryor cannot play OT. Put his gigantic ass at RG, if anywhere.

-The only reason I'm not ready to bench Pryor is because of how Pinter played in his natural position. Way better than at guard. I can only hope Pryor at RG might be better. But Ryan will never settle down with Pryor out there scaring the shit out of him.
OL change was necessary, but they keep making the wrong changes.

OL lineup should be:

Raimann-Nelson-Pinter-Kelly-Smith
Old 10-07-2022, 07:44 AM

I would honestly be giving Eric Fischer a call right about now.
I think we really should be looking outside of the building if this is the best we can trot out there after 4 weeks of football.
Pinter should start at C, Pryor should be an emergency backup at best. Hell put Q at LT, we are paying him that kind of money anyway
Old 10-07-2022, 08:36 AM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post

-Offense at the end and overtime looked way different. Got some running lanes and Granson, Campbell, and especially Pierce made plays.
Seems like going up-tempo really works for this team, each game when we've had to mount drives, we've looked better when it's been faster pace. Seems like it is much more read and react than "do these 87 things in this exact manner and we'll succeed". Seems more improved, seems more effective.

But doubt dumb fuck for being the football savant we are all supposed to believe he is- can connect these dots.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
ChaosTheory (10-07-2022), CletusPyle (10-07-2022), dwilli57 (10-07-2022), Mr. Session (10-07-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Seems like going up-tempo really works for this team, each game when we've had to mount drives, we've looked better when it's been faster pace. Seems like it is much more read and react than "do these 87 things in this exact manner and we'll succeed". Seems more improved, seems more effective.

But doubt dumb fuck for being the football savant we are all supposed to believe he is- can connect these dots.
This is a nutshell. In the two quarters of decent offensive football that our team has played, it was late in games when we needed to make plays fast in chunks. Ryan looks WAY better as a read and react timing guy as opposed to the improviser we are forcing him to be. If teams are getting free jumps at our QB due to suspect line play, why aren't we executing quick slants, screen, and dump offs on 2 and 3 step drops?
Indeed, it is literally like watching Reich play with toy soldiers as a special ed student and continuously run his little blue soldiers into a wall. His system is really showing it's limitations, and his inability to adapt to fit his teams strengths (or mask their weaknesses) is really becoming a thing. I think he has done just enough to not be fired mid-season, but alas his pink slips are likely post dated already barring a crazy run that results in a playoff birth which, given the crapshoot that is the NFL, is in the realm of possibility. This win was almost more of a loss because (like the KC win) will just kick the can down the road to making the quick and drastic changes that this franchise will need to make by seasons end.
Chalk me up to wanting Will Levis as our target going into this draft. Lets see if we can suck enough to make it a possibility.
The Following User Says Thank You to MeSayDayo For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (10-07-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 09:50 AM

Ryan is running scared almost every single snap, yet when it matters most he has stepped up in the 4th. every game this season, sans the jackoffs debacle.

Raimann settled in and played decent football. He will take some ass whippings while learning. To bad we have an immobile QB that can't escape some of the LT mistakes, it only magnifies them.

Our D is getting better, but last night was more of two very inept offenses then it was two stellar defenses.

Gilmore still has some serious gas in the tank.

Pierce is going to be a great receiver for this team.

For fucks sake get our tight ends involved in the game plan, even if it is an extra blocker until this horrible offensive line gets figured out. Get Pryor and Pinter off this fucking team.

I want to see one game where Ryan has a stable pocket to operate from to really evaluate him. Right now it seems every snap someone gets a paw on him. Inexcusable.
ChaosTheory (10-07-2022), Chromeburn (10-07-2022), CletusPyle (10-07-2022), Colts And Orioles (10-07-2022), Spike (10-07-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 09:58 AM

Thanked 1,666 Times in 796 Posts

The more games I watch, the more I realize the only real problem on this team is the o-line.

Ignoring that Jax game where Lawrence carved us up, and maybe just calling that one part of the pre-season (really it seems Reich's teams are never where they should be in week 1, like they don't practice hard enough in camp), then ever since then the pass defense has been reasonably good, and is getting better.
The run defense has been excellent not counting when they were clearly gassed last night, and missing Kwity Paye (which is gonna suck moving forward).

The RBs are good, we really should have been giving more touches to Jackson over Hines, I still don't know what the hype is surrounding Hines, does he ever break tackles? All I ever see is Hines run up the middle for short gain, or Hines catch it and immediately get tackled.

The WRs are fine. We have 3 guys who can get it done, with Pittman, Pierce, and Campbell. That's all most teams have, the depth is depth.

TEs are coming along, not sure why we weren't getting them touches last night, but Granson looks so much better this year compared to last, MAC is still a reliable option, Woods has made a few plays.

Like everyone else, I can't get a grip on Matt Ryan - is he washed up or is he just shell-shocked and hurried because of how bad this o-line is?

Either way, fixing that o-line fixes a whole lot with this team.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
ChaosTheory (10-07-2022), CletusPyle (10-07-2022), omahacolt (10-07-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 10:03 AM
Post whore

Thanked 4,808 Times in 2,679 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
Ryan is running scared almost every single snap, yet when it matters most he has stepped up in the 4th. every game this season, sans the jackoffs debacle.

Raimann settled in and played decent football. He will take some ass whippings while learning. To bad we have an immobile QB that can't escape some of the LT mistakes, it only magnifies them.

Our D is getting better, but last night was more of two very inept offenses then it was two stellar defenses.

Gilmore still has some serious gas in the tank.

Pierce is going to be a great receiver for this team.

For fucks sake get our tight ends involved in the game plan, even if it is an extra blocker until this horrible offensive line gets figured out. Get Pryor and Pinter off this fucking team.

I want to see one game where Ryan has a stable pocket to operate from to really evaluate him. Right now it seems every snap someone gets a paw on him. Inexcusable.
Pinter is ok as a center, just not at guard. Pryor, who the fuck knows what Ballard was thinking. He sucked ass at the left tackle position, moved him to right tackle and he sucked there too.
CletusPyle (10-07-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 10:03 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,664 Times in 2,049 Posts

Not sure what’s up with Kwity. Reich said it was an ankle.

https://twitter.com/romeovillekid/st...-bWtloKFDg3i0A
Old 10-07-2022, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Not sure what’s up with Kwity. Reich said it was an ankle.

https://twitter.com/romeovillekid/st...-bWtloKFDg3i0A
I saw some stuff last night saying achilles. This morning everyone is saying high ankle sprain. Getting MRI today.